Post Falls, Idaho
✟32,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Some denominations are more accepting of gays & lesbians than others.
This is true. My Lutheran synod (ELCA) doesn't really have a problem with it. I would be willing to discuss whether it's sinful or not, but not on CF. "Promoting" it is against the rules.

Upvote 0
O

omajoy

This is true. My Lutheran synod (ELCA) doesn't really have a problem with it. I would be willing to discuss whether it's sinful or not, but not on CF. "Promoting" it is against the rules.

Is that true? CF doesn't allow the promotion of homosexuality? When did that change? I haven't been here in a while. I doubt if CF paid too much attention to some of the threads that used to run through this part of the forum then.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,375.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Is that true? CF doesn't allow the promotion of homosexuality? When did that change? I haven't been here in a while. I doubt if CF paid too much attention to some of the threads that used to run through this part of the forum then.

Hi omajoy:wave:,

8 months (could be longer) ago; from our rules:
Topics Requiring Special Consideration:
Abortion; Adultery or Premarital Sex; Homosexuality; Illegal Activity; Other Religions; On-Line Deliverance; Professional Counseling; Prophecy

● Abortion may only be discussed in the Ethics & Morality forum, the Christian Philosophy and Ethics forum, and the Congregation and Recovery categories within the limits of the rules for those areas.
● Do not promote or encourage adultery or premarital sex.
● Do not promote homosexuality on Christian Forums. Homosexuality can only be discussed, without promotion, in Christian Communities and Faith Groups. Homosexuality may also be discussed in the Recovery and Ask a Chaplain forums solely for the purpose of seeking support with struggles overcoming same-sex attractions, and homosexual issues.
● Do not promote illegal activity.
● Do not promote or proselytize religious beliefs or religions (including Satanism or Occultism) other than Christianity. For the purpose of these rules, Christianity is defined by Christian Forums' Statement of Faith.
● Do not make posts which attempt to exorcise or bind demons, or post instructions on how to complete deliverance.
● Do not give professional legal, financial, medical, or other counseling. Do not direct, imply, or suggest that others should disregard doctors' orders regarding medical diagnosis and/or treatment.
● Personal Prophecy (prophetic utterance) will be considered off-topic to all site forums. These may be posted in your own personal Blog.

**Promotion is defined as encouragement of the progress, growth, or acceptance of something including advertising and publicity.

Upvote 0
T

Theofane

I was just wondering. Is it against christianity to be Gay or Lesbian?

Hello, ImperfectGirl! :wave:

Welcome to ChristianForums.

The overall union of man and woman is what God had in mind for human beings.

Genesis 2:24
"That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh."

The man and the woman are meant to join and become one in every way: physically, emotionally, spiritually, mentally, legally, financially. There is no room for homosexuality in the traditionally Christian narrative, and yet such people exist and have life. Why? Because sin entered the world through Adam (Genesis 3) and caused everything about man to become twisted, distorted, and diseased. Physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. We are not what was intended.

May the love and peace of Jesus Christ be with you!

:hug: :angel: :crossrc::liturgy:

Upvote 0