Christianity and Abortion Don't Mix

Lively Stone

Jul 2, 2010
✟1,278.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Nope, not at all. Why do you think scripture calls on us not to murder rather than simply not to kill?

The Spirit of God in a person tells us that to kill the unborn is murder. That is something I can take to the bank.

The semantics game is the result of the mind of man opposing the Spirit of God.

Upvote 0

steadfastchristian

steadfastchristiandotcom
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
✟7,760.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are ignoring what the Bible says in favour of your flawed exegesis. I suggest, friend, that you are the one who is wrong here.
One thing is for sure, if we contradict God's authority, we are always wrong and He is always right.
We all have a lot to learn.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟590,115.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
You admit that you haven't had a revelation of truth?

Such revelations are almost always subjective and almost never contradict the world-view of the receiver. So if my 'revelation of truth' disagrees with yours by what standard do we divine whose is right?

Upvote 0

Lively Stone

Jul 2, 2010
✟1,278.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Such revelations are almost always subjective and almost never contradict the world-view of the receiver. So if my 'revelation of truth' disagrees with yours by what standard do we divine whose is right?

True revelations from God will either reinforce what a believer knows from the Word already or it will oppose and correct a person's previous view.

I take it you have yet to receive such revelation that will correct you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

steadfastchristian

steadfastchristiandotcom
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
✟7,760.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The revelation that is the most consistent with Scripture is the one with precedence.

Kiwimac, Do you believe abortion is good for society?

Upvote 0

steadfastchristian

steadfastchristiandotcom
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
✟7,760.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe the keeping abortion legal is best for women.
But Kiwimac, What about the unborn child that is placed in a saline solution which is equivalent to submerging the baby in a vat of acid for hours on end long before the unborn baby dies. Or, what about the baby that has its members pulled apart by a vacuum while the child is still alive, all to provide more comfort for the woman having the abortion. Or worse yet, what about the unborn baby in the third trimester who is delivered with the exception of the head still inside the uterus and then the abortionist takes a long sharp pair of scissors and jabs it into the base of the babies skull (while the baby is still alive) creating a hole which is used to suck the babies brain out to ensure the baby is not born alive and to ensure the baby is easier to deliver. This is only part of what goes on behind closed doors.

I have to ask you a serious question - How can this type of inhuman behavior be best for the woman? It is obviously a disaster for the unborn baby.
Where is our since of humanity? God help us!

Upvote 0

stelow

Legend
Sep 16, 2005
HEAVEN!!!
✟49,649.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
God's view is what matters if one is truly a Christian and God the giver of life does view the unborn child as human life. Doesn't seem that complicated at all unless we believe our judgment is more proficient than God's, who is the giver of life.

Upvote 0

Duckybill

Jul 31, 2007
✟3,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But Kiwimac, What about the unborn child that is placed in a saline solution which is equivalent to submerging the baby in a vat of acid for hours on end long before the unborn baby dies. Or, what about the baby that has its members pulled apart by a vacuum while the child is still alive, all to provide more comfort for the woman having the abortion. Or worse yet, what about the unborn baby in the third trimester who is delivered with the exception of the head still inside the uterus and then the abortionist takes a long sharp pair of scissors and jabs it into the base of the babies skull (while the baby is still alive) creating a hole which is used to suck the babies brain out to ensure the baby is not born alive and to ensure the baby is easier to deliver. This is only part of what goes on behind closed doors.

I have to ask you a serious question - How can this type of inhuman behavior be best for the woman? It is obviously a disaster for the unborn baby.
Excellent comments!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟590,115.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens

1: Foetuses do not have a sense of pain until the brain-nervous system joining at around 20 weeks or so.

2: Late or 3rd trimester abortions are only done where there is a serious danger to the mother or where the foetus is non-viable.

Upvote 0

Lively Stone

Jul 2, 2010
✟1,278.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Women who have had abortions suffer, sometimes silently their whole lives! Their souls are damaged by the guilt!

Only Jesus can cover and heal it, yet women everywhere who never find Christ live with the scars of having ended the lives within them. It is universal.

Upvote 0

steadfastchristian

steadfastchristiandotcom
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
✟7,760.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1: Foetuses do not have a sense of pain until the brain-nervous system joining at around 20 weeks or so.

2: Late or 3rd trimester abortions are only done where there is a serious danger to the mother or where the foetus is non-viable.
Again Kiwimac "...You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.” (Matthew 23:24 NIV).
Does it make it right to kill the innocent just because pain may not be felt? This type of philosophy will lead to the mass euthanasation of our elderly and those with a disability. We’re going back to the days of Adolph Hitler when it’s ok to murder/kill as long as pain isn’t felt and those being disposed of are a burden to society.

Furthermore, how many abortions take place during and after the 20 week gestation period? I would guess in the millions. Moreover, how many times does the “woman’s life in jeopardy” clause get abused and unnecessarily used in our system? Meanwhile, the fate of the unborn whether it’s their pain level or life in general is constantly being manipulated to suit another’s agenda all at the expense of the innocent unborn child.
The rationalizing mind has become very dangerous in this situation and I for one will do everything I can (peacefully) to expose the lie of abortion. I will also pray for you Kiwimac that you will come to know the truth. God with you.

Upvote 0

Lively Stone

Jul 2, 2010
✟1,278.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Again Kiwimac "...You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.” (Matthew 23:24 NIV).
Does it make it right to kill the innocent just because pain may not be felt? This type of philosophy will lead to the mass euthanasation of our elderly and those with a disability. We’re going back to the days of Adolph Hitler when it’s ok to murder/kill as long as pain isn’t felt and those being disposed of are a burden to society.

Furthermore, how many abortions take place during and after the 20 week gestation period? I would guess in the millions. Moreover, how many times does the “woman’s life in jeopardy” clause get abused and unnecessarily used in our system? Meanwhile, the fate of the unborn whether it’s their pain level or life in general is constantly being manipulated to suit another’s agenda all at the expense of the innocent unborn child.
The rationalizing mind has become very dangerous in this situation and I for one will do everything I can (peacefully) to expose the lie of abortion. I will also pray for you Kiwimac that you will come to know the truth. God with you.

Amen! His view is due to a secular mindset which is at direct enmity with God.

Upvote 0