Christianity and Abortion Don't Mix

T

trentlogain2

I'm a human, and I vote Democrat. I do not judge Christians who vote for Republicans, even though I think Jesus' views on wealth clearly stand in opposition to that party. All you see me doing in this thread is pointing out the sin on both sides of the ticket. Until there is a party run by Jesus, all voters will choose someone who is not fully respresenting the Gospel.All sin is sin to God - greed is not a lesser sin than murder.

I don't like Christians claiming that X party is the only one Christians should vote for. And I certainly don't believe that God will hold us accountable for who we voted for at Judgment Day.

As for abortion, it is undoubtedly wrong. But there are many things that are legal that are wrong. Divorce for any reason you like is legal but it's forbidden in Scripture. I don't see Christians marching to ban divorce.
I'm a human, too. I vote for candidates (republican, democrat, independent - it doesn't matter - that will stand for biblical principles.
they may or may not be Christians themselves. that doesn't matter.

i would disagree here because Jesus made it clear that there are differing degrees of punishments for the lost (contrariwise rewards to the righteous in eternal life) [ie: see mark 12:38-40; luke 12:47-48;
1 corinthians 3:13-14; 2 corinthians 5:10]

so shouldn't we as Christians stand up and voice the truths of God? if not by preaching the gospel, at least by voting for people who will put policies in our country that honor and glorfies God?

Upvote 0

trientje

May 23, 2012
✟8,577.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you were truly worried about God's standards, you would not vote for either of the main candidates for president.

It is not a Christian perspective but a partisan one that claims the GOP ticket is more in line with God's views than the Democratic one is. God does not support any political parties. Politics is for man, not God.

the democratic party is supporting a man that is pro abortion and pro gay marriage. Tell me those views are Godly views! God is in ALL the affairs of man.Daniel 4:17, God's sovereignty- Daniel 4:34-35.

Upvote 0

trientje

May 23, 2012
✟8,577.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is purely an American invention that God judges us for who we vote for. Many Christians work for corporations that do evil around the world - practically slave labor, financial irresponsibility that led to recession, environmental destruction, etc. - but all of a sudden voting for the Democrat is a major sin?

The Southern Baptists in the 80s spread the idea that Christians must vote for certain candidates. I did not see Jesus promoting any government.

Vote for who is best for your family and community, and pray. God is not judging our votes, we are guilty of far greater sins on a daily basis.

Oh, so God is not judging our votes? So what else have you deemed a God free zone?

Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oh, so God is not judging our votes? So what else have you deemed a God free zone?

Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and to God what is God's.

Some of us don't weigh our decisions with the hot button social issues. For me, much of my decision had to do with the candidates views on the economy, environment, energy, healthcare, etc. I'm not entirely clear, but it seems like you're insinuating that how we vote in our elections is going to play a role in God's judgment decision, if that is indeed what you're saying then that's a heavy charge to level against anyone and I'd think carefully before doing so.

My mom, who's a staunch conservative unlike myself, has stated over and over that you can't legislate morality. I agree with her. In my opinion, who are WE to demand that people outside of our faith live according to our religious standards? That's no different than if we lived in a predominantly Jewish, Muslim or Buddhist region and even though the government didn't have an official religion, the majority religion in said country demanded that we observe views as our own. That would go against our free will.

I'm sorry but I don't see God forcing others to do his will anywhere in the Scripture or the history of the Church. God invites others do align with him, but if he were to force anybody than he immediately contradicts himself because love demands the freedom to make a choice. So if God doesn't cross that line, who the heck do any of us think that we are that it's okay for us to do so?

Upvote 0

steadfastchristian

steadfastchristiandotcom
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
✟7,760.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Voting doesn't guarantee we will get who we want (as I just found out), rather, it allows us to make a public statement before God and society what we believe in, and that we are willing to make a conscious effort to preserve these values we hold dear to our faith.

God Bless everyone who voted to preserve our Christian values, you will receive your reward. God help all those who turned a blind eye whether through ignorance or in full knowledge.

This time of mourning will pass because God is in control and His great love and justice will prevail...

Upvote 0

trientje

May 23, 2012
✟8,577.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Should Christians meddle in the affairs of government? Romans 13 elaborates on the origin and institution of government as something that God ordains. The function of government is to restrain evil and to maintain, uphold, and protect the sanctity of life and property. The Christian understands that government is ordained of God, and so Christians are called to respect whatever it is that God institutes and ordains. Anytime a civil government requires a Christian to do what God forbids or forbids them to do what God commands, then the person must disobey. Unfortunately, in today's culture separation of church and state means separation of state and God. As if the government didn't have to respond to God. But God monitors governments. God raises them up and brings them down. Every human government is accountable to God and is accountable to maintain its affairs with justice and righteousness. When the government is not longer acting justly and no longer protecting life then it is the task of the church to be a prophetic voice, to call the state to task and tell the state to repent and do what God commands it to do. So yes, Christians are called upon by God to intervene in the affairs of the government. To be the governments spiritual voice.

Upvote 0

trientje

May 23, 2012
✟8,577.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Voting doesn't guarantee we will get who we want (as I just found out), rather, it allows us to make a public statement before God and society what we believe in, and that we are willing to make a conscious effort to preserve these values we hold dear to our faith.

God Bless everyone who voted to preserve our Christian values, you will receive your reward. God help all those who turned a blind eye whether through ignorance or in full knowledge.

This time of mourning will pass because God is in control and His great love and justice will prevail...

You are so right on sister. God does intervene in the affairs of men and he is in control. He has allowed this to bring about his plans.

Upvote 0

steadfastchristian

steadfastchristiandotcom
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
✟7,760.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are so right on sister. God does intervene in the affairs of men and he is in control. He has allowed this to bring about his plans.

Thanks but I am actually your brother in Christ. I only wish more Christians could understand the truth like you do! It would be a much safer place especially for the unborn...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nurbz

Apr 6, 2007
✟8,607.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Just to point out another thing since this thread continues, abortion was legit (beyond killing children of non-believers and God aborting pregnancies to punish parents)

In Numbers 5, a husband who suspected his wife was unfaithful could take her to a priest and be made to drink "bitter water" made from mixing dust on the floor of the tabernacle. If she was innocent of wrong doing she would be healthy, if she got sick it was proof she cheated and would abort any pregnancy.

Of course they didn't have a concept of germs or bacteria being on floors that people walk on, in the tabernacle or not and could cause serious illness. But none-the-less the Lord sanctioned jealous husbands forcing their wives to take this obviously dangerous and flawed "test" which no doubt resulted in false positives and dead unborn children before being put to death for adultery.

Though they would have known if they were given the concept of what disease was and how it spreads on contact with surfaces and could have saved a lot of innocent deaths of women, who of course by being women, weren't allowed any say in the matter or at all really.

But anyway. God allowed people to terminate pregnancies under certain conditions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0