Christian youth rally in S.F.

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,047.00
Faith
Christian
Harpuia said:
Heh. Here it was the opposite. The popular kids were the Christian crowd. Then again, I did go to a strange magnet school.

They listened to other things besides Christian music and did partying and all, however their listening to Christian music apparently justified everything they did.

Do you know why most my friends were once Christian turned atheist? They too suffered the same fate from this crew in high school and was led to believe that Christianity is the religion of the "popular" crowd. And so they rebelled from God that way.

Sadly I think that a fair amount of this falls back on the church and its leadership too.

Churches need to get over the idea that “youth” won’t come to anything Christian unless there is a skate park and a rock band. In my experience most of the ones who just come for the loud stuff fall away later on, and the daggy ones who actually turn up to the bible study are the ones who will stick around.

There’s nothing wrong with a Christian rock concert of course, but in some churches the emphasis has swung too far to the fun side, and away from the Gospel.

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Ginny said:
.... "Christian" Gone Wild .....

ROFL!! I am sorry but this just cracked me up. Had a flash of A "christian" version of the Girls Gone Wild video series.

am composing myself as I type.

Ginny, you just made my day!

anyhoooos, back to the OP.......

Upvote 0

2LivIsChrist

May 14, 2004
✟9,287.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This battle cry event had a lot of Gospel. It was far from just a concert. It wasn't even about a concert. This event was to also help build youth groups and to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. Our Generation can only be changed through Jesus Christ. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. That means the things that happened in the bible days can still happen today.

Upvote 0

flicka

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 9, 2003
✟36,720.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Servant4God said:
Yes but Batttle Cry wasn't a concert! Also you shouldn't compare your expirence to battle cry. Nothing like that even happened and im sure more people were at Battle cry then your concert. The Christians at Battle Cry actually acted like christians. We were all there for one purpose, God! We are in spiritual warfare here!
One of the most appealing aspects of the modern Christan youth marketing campaign is the idea of spiritual warfare. You actually get to play a real life RPG with your character, THE CHRISTIAN, doing battle against evil while standing up for all things righteous, along with a truckload of your friends! It's fun and exciting and 90% of the kids playing wouldn't be Christan's if wasn't. It goes well with the video game generation who are stuck between childhood and adulthood. It looses it's luster with maturity and you become a go to church on Sunday Christan because you don't need the RPG anymore, real life starts to happen. There is nothing new under the sun but the youth don't have the advantage of knowing that yet ;)

Upvote 0

2LivIsChrist

May 14, 2004
✟9,287.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's not fun are you kidding me. It's depressing to see the generation going down the drains because of spiritual warfare. Feeling an evil presence and seeing demons driven out of people is not fun. Its all around us, but so many people are so blind. You will never understand what im saying unless you become a christian. My eyes have been made open. I have seen the miracles and the blessings. God is more real then anything i know.

Reactions: Kelly
Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Servant4God said:
It's not fun are you kidding me. It's depressing to see the generation going down the drains because of spiritual warfare. Feeling an evil presence and seeing demons driven out of people is not fun . . .

Look what happened to Rhonda Bye. The Chronicle is almost giddy over the help the city's so-called " Human Services" director gave her. Didn't do her a bit on good in the end. Material things rarely do and virtually never do when a person is at the point Rhonda Bye was.

Upvote 0

outlaw

the frugal revolutionary
Aug 22, 2005
✟4,376.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
I <3 Abraham said:
Horribly attacked my aunt fanny. How about the DNC protests? That was getting horribly attacked. Tiannamen square: horribly attacked. Getting dogssicked on you and hoses turned on you in Selma: horribly attacked. Getting ostracized, beat up and maybe killed for being born homosexual: horribly attacked. The worst thing I saw anybody do in response to this highly-profitable rally was yell "boo!".
:clap:

Upvote 0

Nightson

Take two snuggles and call me in the morning
Jul 11, 2005
California
✟5,839.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Nooooooo..... just when I escape it at school it comes to CF......

People, don't think this rally was some great stand for God or anything like that. I live in the area, a lot of my friends went to it. It was closer to what Harpuria described at the begging of the thread.

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nightson said:
Nooooooo..... just when I escape it at school it comes to CF.......

Funny.. oh, the irony of it all...people talking about God-related subjects on a Christian forum...and an atheist being surprised. :D

Get out now while you can.:p

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Nightson said:
Nooooooo..... just when I escape it at school it comes to CF......

Pfft... you should've expected it dude. :D

People, don't think this rally was some great stand for God or anything like that. I live in the area, a lot of my friends went to it. It was closer to what Harpuria described at the begging of the thread.

Finally, some confirmation.

I'm not saying everyone was like that at the Tobymac concert I went to, but a good majority did. There are some who probably went there for the right reasons, like Servant4God did (at least I hope so, anyway).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

molder

May 18, 2005
✟702.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Harpuia said:
Pfft... you should've expected it dude. :D

Finally, some confirmation.

I'm not saying everyone was like that at the Tobymac concert I went to, but a good majority did. There are some who probably went there for the right reasons, like Servant4God did (at least I hope so, anyway).
Confirmation of what? Drugs, booze, and sex at the Battle Cry Rally?

Your confirmation source is a posting on the internet?

Where are your confirmable links or sources such as news articles or first hand eye witness accounts otherwise you are just trying to throw mud on this rally for your own entertainment.

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
molder said:

Where are your confirmable links or sources such as news articles or first hand eye witness accounts otherwise you are just trying to throw mud on this rally for your own entertainment.

It's obvious that you're not gonna be convinced.

Why?

You still believe that Christian teenagers have this sudden magical aura around them that makes them all better. Too bad you haven't been through what I've been through with other Christian teens. Maybe you might have seen things a little differently.

Only the conservatives on this board will think I'm doing this just to throw mud or badmouth this rally because I'm apparently not "Christian enough" to you all. Fine with me. It's obvious that you're so blinded to believe that Christian teens must be so much better than regular teens.

Enjoy your prejudice. I'm starting to see why the liberals on this board say conservatives are so intolerant of other beliefs.

Upvote 0

Nightson

Jul 11, 2005
California
✟5,839.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
molder said:

You don't have to believe me, but these events are usually social things. People go to party, not to get closer to God or anything like that. The people who do want to get closer to God don't go to rallys to do that. The people who went to this rally went there to party and have a good time, and there was definatly alcohol and sex (I didn't hear about drugs, but who knows).

Upvote 0

molder

May 18, 2005
✟702.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Nightson said:
You don't have to believe me, but these events are usually social things. People go to party, not to get closer to God or anything like that. The people who do want to get closer to God don't go to rallys to do that. The people who went to this rally went there to party and have a good time, and there was definatly alcohol and sex (I didn't hear about drugs, but who knows).
Are you saying there was drinking of alcohol and sex in a major baseball stadium which somehow slipped past security.

What are your confirmable sources?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nightson

Jul 11, 2005
California
✟5,839.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
molder said:
Are you saying there was drinking of alcohol and sex in a major baseball stadium which somehow slipped past security.

What are your confirmable sources?

My friends who went to the thing. Over a hundred people from my school went. My sources aren't confirmable (unless you want to fly over here to California). So whether you think I'm a liar or not, whatever.

You honestly think it's that hard to slip alcohol past security? You don't think maybe we teens are pretty skilled about carrying out things without people noticing?

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Nightson said:
My friends who went to the thing. Over a hundred people from my school went. My sources aren't confirmable (unless you want to fly over here to California). So whether you think I'm a liar or not, whatever.

You honestly think it's that hard to slip alcohol past security? You don't think maybe we teens are pretty skilled about carrying out things without people noticing?

From what I remember anyway, in concerts like that, there are usually less security around because they feel as if these religious teens will probably do the right thing, which they usually don't.

But I will agree with the other guys on one thing. The city giving them a letter of condemnation and saying how disgusting they are is ridiculous, considering all the gay pride parades they've had around there that sometimes turn out worse than probably this Christian concert could ever throw out.

Upvote 0

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Harpuia said:
Please... I can guarantee you most of the kids were there for the hidden booze and drugs that were probably in a few of the kids' pockets.

Teens into worship? That'll be the day. I was as devout a Fundie as I was when I was 15 and even I had my own... sinful tastes in life I enjoyed.
You were a "Fundie" once? And you were into dope and booze? Even now? So with that experience, you think all teen Christians are just like you? So you are telling the truth and the teens at the rally are all liers? What shall I call you? You seem to know everything. Are you sitting next to God's right hand, too?

Upvote 0

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Harpuia said:
Enjoy your prejudice. I'm starting to see why the liberals on this board say conservatives are so intolerant of other beliefs.
I think it's the other way around. It's the liberals who is intolerant of others. They will support you as long as you are in line with them. If you stray, they will take your head off. Prime example: Condoleeza Rice.

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
jsn112 said:
You were a "Fundie" once? And you were into dope and booze? Even now? So with that experience, you think all teen Christians are just like you? So you are telling the truth and the teens at the rally are all liers? What shall I call you? You seem to know everything. Are you sitting next to God's right hand, too?

My sinful vices were not dope and booze. It was more like witchcraft. Not really witchcraft, but related things like TCGs (Magic: The Gathering, Pokemon), Video Games, RPGs, etc.

All I'm saying is I don't want to people here to be judging thinking these kids are perfect and actually want to "fight" from mainstream culture when quite a few of them ARE doing exactly what they're fighting against.

Upvote 0