tucker58

Jesus is Lord
Aug 30, 2007
✟10,231.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Guys my point is that folks of different religions should have a place to explore each other. And that those that are non religious should have a place where those that are religious can explore the non religious if they wish too.

There is a lot of philosophical controversy between today's world religions. And there is a lot of philosophical controversy between religion and non religion in today's world. Mixing these two things up, because they are two different controversies, may just complicate the problem relative to dialog. Is all.

Anybody?

love,

tuck

PS: moving this topic is ok, I do not mind. I just wanted to involve the non religious because this is where they hang out, and that they as registered and supporting members should be involved :) .

Upvote 0

GrowingSmaller

Muslm Humanist
Apr 18, 2010
✟49,085.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
My initial response would be befuddlement, as I did not know that such a forum existed in the first place.

As for two forums, the response woud be what are their practical objectives of the outreach domain, and could those objectives be better served by adding a division along religious lines.

Upvote 0

tucker58

Jesus is Lord
Aug 30, 2007
✟10,231.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Folks claiming that God is an "imaginary friend" should not be considered productive in a multi religion discussion reality, unless those that are religious wish to explore the non religious. With the understanding that religion exploring the non religious is a productive reality.

Anybody :) ?

tuck

Upvote 0

tucker58

Jesus is Lord
Aug 30, 2007
✟10,231.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This forum isn't public property, so the owners can do as they wish. Seeing as there is already forums dedicated to Evangelism and Witnessing, I'm not sure what the purpose of it would be, but it's up to them.

:) ! But at the same time as a registered member, who is a declared steward of this message board, you are welcome to have an opinion.

tuck

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Exiledoomsayer

Only toke me 1 year to work out how to change this
Jan 7, 2010
✟10,237.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Folks claiming that God is an "imaginary friend" should not be considered productive in a multi religion discussion reality, unless those that are religious wish to explore the non religious. With the understanding that religion exploring the non religious is a productive reality.

Anybody :) ?

tuck

Alright I'll bite.

Why would it not be? It seems to be just as reasonable a conclusion as any other. It fits the data provided and thus should be treated as a valid view of reality for the purpose of discussion.
Unless you are only interested in discussing with those that already agree with you on the basic points. Its rather like having a 9/11 discussion to find out what really happend but you want to exclude anybody that says it was not a inside job. You would rather talk with people that all think it was a inside job and argue about the details of how many pounds of c4 where used. While still calling it a search for the reality of the situation dispite dismissing out of hand a entire line of thought without even looking into it.
Granted that certainly does save you the trouble of proving it was a inside job to begin with. But thats not exactly reasonable if your objective is to find out the reality now is it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tucker58

Jesus is Lord
Aug 30, 2007
✟10,231.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Alright I'll bite.

Why would it not be? It seems to be just as reasonable a conclusion as any other. It fits the data provided and thus should be treated as a valid view of reality for the purpose of discussion.
Unless you are only interested in discussing with those that already agree with you on the basic points. Its rather like having a 9/11 discussion to find out what really happend but you want to exclude anybody that says it was not a inside job. You would rather talk with people that all think it was a inside job and argue about the details of how many pounds of c4 where used. While still calling it a search for the reality of the situation dispite dismissing out of hand a entire line of thought without even looking into it.
Granted that certainly does save you the trouble of proving it was a inside job to begin with. But thats not exactly reasonable if your objective is to find out the reality now is it?

Ok son :) why would someone come on a Christian message board and call themselves "Doomslayer"? And purchase blessings to be here?

Son, what is your motivation as a presented sort of an "ugly" personality (at least negative)? and you also represent anti religion. :)

:cool: :clap: :amen: :kiss: :thumbsup: :pray: :bow: :groupray:

your turn :)

tuck

Upvote 0

tucker58

Jesus is Lord
Aug 30, 2007
✟10,231.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Alright I'll bite.

Hey son you are on line :)

"My objective is to find out the reality as it is now." And yes I am having fun :) !

tuck, totally out of whack as a Christian, if this message board management ever actually allowed me to be a moderator of this forum, there would be rioting in the streets, :) which is why I will never be allowed to moderate this forum :) ! We all know each other :) !

tuck, again! (smile) :kiss:

Upvote 0

Exiledoomsayer

Jan 7, 2010
✟10,237.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Ok son :) why would someone come on a Christian message board and call themselves "Doomslayer"? And purchase blessings to be here?
I would not be able to tell you. After all it is not my name and I do not purchase blessings.

Assuming you missspelled my name however it is meant to be "Exiled Doomsayer" modeled after a trading card from 'magic:the gathering' That I like.

Son, what is your motivation as a presented sort of an "ugly" personality (at least negative)? and you also represent anti religion. :)

:cool: :clap: :amen: :kiss: :thumbsup: :pray: :bow: :groupray:

your turn :)

tuck
I disagree that it is 'ugly' or anti-theist you will have to explain what you mean.

Upvote 0

Exiledoomsayer

Jan 7, 2010
✟10,237.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hey son you are on line :)
Was mildly distracted. Still am in fact.

"My objective is to find out the reality as it is now." And yes I am having fun :) !
Then why would you dismiss out of hand a entire path of possibly reality if your goal is to reach reality as it is. That seems contradictory to me unless your true goal is to reach reality was you want it to be.

tuck, totally out of whack as a Christian, if this message board management ever actually allowed me to be a moderator of this forum, there would be rioting in the streets, :) which is why I will never be allowed to moderate this forum :) ! We all know each other :) !

tuck, again! (smile) :kiss:

I am not sure what your saying here. If your saying that as a moderator you would ban everybody of a different opinion then yourself there are a few christian forums that would welcome a moderator such as that.

I do not feel like you adressed my post though other then to misquote my name and confirm that you seek reality.

Upvote 0

SithDoughnut

The Agnostic, Ignostic, Apatheistic Atheist
Jan 2, 2010
The Death Starbucks
✟18,474.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
:) ! But at the same time as a registered member, who is a declared steward of this message board, you are welcome to have an opinion.

tuck

Of course. I'm not necessarily welcome to actually express it, but I can have one. This is no my forum. There is no freedom of speech here. There's no reason why there should be, as absolute freedom of expression would contradict the aims of the forum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Guys, if "The Christian World Outreach" forum was divided into two forums, one for "religious people only" and one for "the religious and the "non religious" to explore each other", how would you feel about that :) ?

I'm against the idea. It's fine the way it is.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0