• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

christian women who wear head scarfs

Discussion in 'For New Christians' started by Lily76_, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Lily76_

Lily76_ PRO-LIFE ( meaning all life ) Supporter

+2,349
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Labour
    Are there any Christians women here that wear a headscarf full time in church and out of church
    if your in the uk where do you buy scarfs i wish to cover my head full time my husband says wear a beanie hat but i want to go to church and have my head covered but i want to look presentable

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+5,617
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    What's wrong with a beanie hat?

3. Peter J Barban

Peter J Barban Well-Known Member

+684
    Christian
    Married
    A close friend of mine began wearing a headscarf in seminary, due to personal conviction. It was a great way for her to honor God without drawing attention to herself.

4. Phoebe Ann

Phoebe Ann From Mormonism to Christ Supporter

+9,200
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    I don't wear one.

Also known as “kite veil”, “simple veil”, or a million and one other things. This basic idea seems to be the most common sort of headcovering amongst non-denom Christian women at the moment (not that I really hang around much on headcovering sites these days).
    It’s a fairly simple one-piece proposition, and best made out of polycotton knit, lycra, or some other sort of stretchy material – that gives the best drape. An old t-shirt is a good option.

headcovering-kite-veil.png
    5 Headcovering Patterns

Head Covering Pattern 2 Etsy.jpg
    PDF Pattern in Etsy
    ADULT Modest Prayer Veil Pattern Long Veil Head covering Head scarf Tutorial Headcovering Sewing PDF Tutorial Headscarf Bandana DIY Headwrap

5. Phoebe Ann

+9,200
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    Here's alink where women can order them:
    Head Coverings

Headcovering veils Amber Yoder.jpg

Prayer Veils by Amber Yoder

6. Gracia Singh

Gracia Singh Newbie Supporter

+8,895
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I have veiled; at home, in private worship, I still do. I do think more and more Christian women are rediscovering this, and enjoy veiling. Not all do, but some.

You might try a manilla or a shawl.

Veils by Lily - Mantilla Style Chapel Veils

God bless you, Lily!

7. Phoebe Ann

+9,200
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
  8. Phoebe Ann

+9,200
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    I like the Small Starter Veils with Ties.

9. KateforChrist

KateforChrist Koalas are NOT bears

+809
    Australia
    Christian
    Widowed
    I found this helpful Youtube video - Channel - Head Covering Movement,
    Head Covering Styles For Beginners

You can also do a search on YouTube: head covering tutorial

10. sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus is so in love with God Supporter

+8,935
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    There is a woman at my church who wears an head covering but other than her I havent gone to church with one who does.

11. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+17,010
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    It's pretty traditional still for Orthodox women to wear head coverings in church. The practice has largely died out in the West except occasionally.

What is and isn't "presentable" in church varies considerably based on culture as well as by congregation, and person to person. As such, it really boils down to your own personal conscience--on whether you want your head covered or not, and what you want to wear in general, both in and out of worship. Just don't feel pressured one way or another, and let your conscience be free.

-CryptoLutheran

12. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,588
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    I hadn't seen it at my Catholic parish in years, but now I do. Still a small percentage, but growing. I respect them for it.

13. Windir

Windir New Member

+19
    Sweden
    Non-Denom
    Single
    As a man, I find women wearing headscarves in church very modest, humbling and appropriate. Even as a man, I dress modestly in church. That is no short sleeves or vibrant colors. Preferably not jeans although it happens.

14. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,588
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    As a man I am particular about no 'messages' on my clothing, And also long pants; never shorts.

15. Windir

Windir New Member

+19
    Sweden
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Yes, before God, there is clearly right and wrong way to do things.

16. Lily76_

+2,349
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Labour
    Thank you all for replying to me my husband says i dont need to cover my head but i feel like i need to
    at the moment my hair is very short and i need to grow it a bit , beanie hats are good but if i need to go to a wedding or that id like to look presentable

does anyone know any united kingdom places i can buy

17. Gracia Singh

+8,895
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You may be able to veil at home, during quiet time. Grow your hair, dear, and try veiling at home. I'll keep you in my prayers, dear.

Most clothing shops should sell inexpensive scarves or shawls, and those should do.

18. Lily76_

+2,349
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Labour
    Thank you all so much
    Also am unsure if i should go to church when i have short hair ( At the time i cut it i was unwell and not thinking about how i looked ) and am unsure what to wear for church i have dresses but am unsure of length and what is allowed and what isnt av never been to an orthodox church before am looking to go in Jan i dont wish to be disrespectful thank you again

19. JackRT

JackRT OOPS!!! Supporter

+14,318
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    [​IMG]

In this depiction of the crucifixion, Mary is portrayed as wearing a hijab. The hijab is a very elegant female garment.

20. Gracia Singh

+8,895
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Grow your hair, and as it's growing, come to Church in the mean time. God bless you on your journey, Lily. Christ and His Mother be with you.