Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
There is simply to much emphasis placed on how people look in western society instead of how they act .....if all people covered up more would it really be that bad....do young girls really have to walk around semi naked at night .....modesty should be applauded ......

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is simply to much emphasis placed on how people look in western society instead of how they act .....if all people covered up more would it really be that bad....do young girls really have to walk around semi naked at night .....modesty should be applauded ......
Muscles shirts should be covered up too instead of applauded. Same thing.

Upvote 0

andy b

Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2013
uk
✟75,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I agree .....I try to get my daughter's to cover up more but they ignore me there is just to much pressure in pop culture to confirm I see perfectly normal people plastered in ink or lips full of collagen trying to impress people who are not worth impressing

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree .....I try to get my daughter's to cover up more but they ignore me there is just to much pressure in pop culture to confirm I see perfectly normal people plastered in ink or lips full of collagen trying to impress people who are not worth impressing
What did you wear when you were her age?

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes you are correct ...the old covenant was all about the outer and the new covenant is about the inner ..unfortunatley society via hollywood , New York , madison avenue , etc has made women and men think their appearance is important ...i am so sorry we have reached this state of affairs ...christian men nor women are to try to make someone lust after them ...why would they do that ? How is that loving your neighbor ...we are to be hid in Christ so that He gets all the glory ...
Prior to the 1800's , all Godly women wore a head covering ...many ungodly women did too so the covering is only a sign of power on their head ...it does not necessarily reflect the meekness of their heart .. ( "Learn of me , for I am lowly of heart ". How wonderful that the creator of all things is lowly and meek of heart ! )

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums