Sebring, FL
✟657,505.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
<< According to the website of International Christian Concern (ICC), “An autopsy revealed that Suzan was tortured and repeatedly raped over an estimated period of nine hours. She was then stoned to death.” >>

Her full name is Suzan Der Kirkour and her body was found by members of her church.

The news story in the link below quotes three organizations:

International Christian Concern, ICC
SOS Chrétiens d’Orient
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights

I don't know if this story will be reported in the regular news media.

The story in the Jerusalem Post is titled:
Jihadists rape, stone Christian woman to death in Syria

Link

mindlight

See in the dark
Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟816,690.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
<< According to the website of International Christian Concern (ICC), “An autopsy revealed that Suzan was tortured and repeatedly raped over an estimated period of nine hours. She was then stoned to death.” >>

Her full name is Suzan Der Kirkour and her body was found by members of her church.

SOS Chrétiens d’Orient

Link

The sources seem pretty sound and it fits the profile of extreme Islamist groups like al Nusra. She was 60 years old and a virgin and one of only 18 women left in this Christian village. She is a martyr but those who raped her are unlikely to reach paradise. They invoke Takfir to denounce people of the book and even other Muslims as disbelievers with sub human rights to justify behaving themselves like animals. But they do not even know their own religion if they consider this acceptable behaviour as the prophet Muhammad forbade such actions on penalty of losing paradise.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

SOS Chrétiens d’Orient

Link

I don’t even know what to say about this, it’s just too appalling.

Upvote 0

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
In a country that has seen 300,000+ deaths in a 8 year war these tragedies are everyday news.
Sites that follow the news in Syria will have this in the list of other tragic stories of the day. Ambushes, raids, roadside bombs.
There's a reason why the people of Syria have resisted so fiercely. They know the stakes. It is an existential war.
This woman was Armenian and I want to take the opportunity to give credit to the nation of Armenia for being a major provider of aid to Syria during the war. Being a small and relatively powerless country in the region, it took a lot of courage for them to go against the international tide and support Syria during this time.

Reactions: Dale
Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟657,505.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
In a country that has seen 300,000+ deaths in a 8 year war these tragedies are everyday news.
Sites that follow the news in Syria will have this in the list of other tragic stories of the day. Ambushes, raids, roadside bombs.
There's a reason why the people of Syria have resisted so fiercely. They know the stakes. It is an existential war.
This woman was Armenian and I want to take the opportunity to give credit to the nation of Armenia for being a major provider of aid to Syria during the war. Being a small and relatively powerless country in the region, it took a lot of courage for them to go against the international tide and support Syria during this time.

Thanks for this information, Douger. I had not realized that.

• Friendly
Reactions: Douger
Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟657,505.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm glad we're both paying attention to these events and recognizing and the human tragedies behind the headlines.

Several years ago, I was in a local Christian bookstore, looking around. While I was there, a woman came in, looked around a while, and asked the clerk if they had any books on persecution of Christians, in modern times. The clerk looked baffled and said, "It seems like we should ..."

That has been my experience. It seems like American Christians ought to be concerned about the persecution of Christians around the world, but there isn't much sign of it.

Upvote 0

DanishLutheran

Dec 22, 2018
Aarhus
✟25,867.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Don't be so racist against the poor innocent cultural enrichers who just don't like Western Imperialist aggression by Christians living in their territory. We all need to accept diversity.

*cough*

Sorry, I had a "leftball" stuck in my throat. I'm sane again now.

The martyr's crown awaits her. And God will deal with the animals who did this, even if they end up pampered by Western governments in this world.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Too bazaar for my brain to process. Some people do die a violent death and God does seem to have a reason why he allows that. I had a cat that ate a very small bunny and I wonder why did God allow that? What lesson does He have in this for me that He allowed the sweet innocent little bunny to be eaten?

Upvote 0