Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Being a genuine "witch" involves a lot more than just what you're saying. If you're referring to Wicca, well, they have a whole set of belief systems that are antithetical to Christianity. I personally have never seen the appeal in it because it presents a spirituality that it's adherents know to be false, yet they enjoy the social aspect of Wicca (i.e. Meeting other Wiccans) and believing themselves to have some control over the world, what with casting spells. And yet in typical postmodern fashion there is a "do no harm" rule. If you are in a religion that has the primary purpose of serving yourself with a connection to nature, spirits and spells, then how long can you go without harming another person to get what you want? Doing no harm doesn't just mean no physical harm.
Forcing someone to fall in love with you, for example. That is harmful to the affected person, assuming it works, because that person is being forced into something they might not want.

And on that subject, God instructs His followers not to dabble in witchcraft, which you have admitted to doing. The reason He says this is because when we do something like that, it's not always harmless fun--assuming that such magic is possible, you are consulting spiritual forces outside of God that are likely malevolent in nature even if they do not appear to be, and we humans are not supposed to have the sort of power that self-professed witches might try to harness, even if they have good intentions.

Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In short, it's impossible to be a Christian and a wiccan at the same time. If you are feeling lonely, talk to God about it and He will help you if you let Him. One thing I've learned is that you have to let Him in (faith) to help you in anything. Such a simple word and yet so difficult for some in this physical realm.

What I do suggest is break ties with anything wiccan, if you have anything related to that already. Trust me, it will be the best thing you've done and actually quite freeing. Hold fast to God. :angel:

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks guys for your replies but I feel as though I can't let go of it. It feels as though it's a part of me just as much as my faith in God is.
Jesus said that no man can serve two masters. We can have hobbies, sure, but we can't believe ourselves to be christians AND something which is antithetical to Christianity.

Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thrash Metalhead

I'm not so Grump
Sep 21, 2015
North Carolina
✟33,472.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus said that no man can serve two masters. We can have hobbies, sure, but we can't believe ourselves to be christians AND something which is antithetical to Christianity.
I get what you're saying but I feel as though it makes sense to me. It's just my own way of worshipping Him and I feel as though I have a gift in it that I don't want to go to waste.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How does casting spells constitute worship? Thanking God for something before doing something doesn't chnage the action. I am not sure if with raft is a sin per se, but that doesn't matter. What does matter is that you've been attempting to tamper with spiritual forces, which Is not what God intends for people.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I get what you're saying but I feel as though it makes sense to me. It's just my own way of worshipping Him and I feel as though I have a gift in it that I don't want to go to waste.

A gift in what, if I may ask?

Upvote 0

Gnostic Guy

Follower of Gnosticism
Sep 23, 2015
USA
✟15,212.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I saw this thread after I cast a few spells before during and after highschool. I have no problem with it because most incantations can be tweaked to be Christian, but I wouldn't call yourself a witch unless you practice the old arcane ways (you seem to have the nature part down though). I advise against summoning though just because you might bring something harmful to you.

Upvote 0