Country
United States
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
What is the Christian view on dietary restrictions?

In Islam, we have rules about which foods are safe and wholesome to eat (halal) and foods which are forbidden (haram), such as pork products and alcohol. There is Koranic justification for following a halal diet (Surah 2:173), so it transcends tradition and cultural norms and is actually a religious obligation.

The Bible also seems to have writings on the subject of dietary restrictions and what is right or wrong to eat. In Leviticus 11 (in KJV version and ESV version) there are specific injunctions against:
  1. Camels
  2. Rock badgers/coneys
  3. Hares
  4. Pigs
  5. Any marine creature lacking fins and scales, presumably clams, shrimps, eels, sharks, dolphins and that sort of thing.
  6. Eagles, vultures, kites, falcons, hawks, seagulls, many owl species, storks, herons, swans, pelicans, bats and "birds on four legs" (Leviticus 11:20); this looks to include mainly predatory, meat-eating birds.
  7. Four legged winged insects without jointed legs/knees, and any insect that swarms
  8. Mole rats, mice, weasels, ferrets, "creeping things"
  9. Turtles and snails, many lizards and geckos
I am curious to know whether these Biblical dietary restrictions are followed by the majority of Christians today. My grandparents and step-father's parents are Christians of different denominations, and don't follow these injunctions when it comes to pig roasts and fried clams, but I don't know if they are very devout either. Do different denominations have different views on this, or is it mainly left up to place and culture? Also, what do Christians think about dietary restrictions like those in Islam?

Personally I like eating halal because it reminds me throughout the day to be focused on God and not superficial things. It also feels like something I can to do demonstrate my faith. However, I know it can be very taxing for some people. As a revert (convert) to Islam it was an adjustment for sure. However, a lot of the restrictions make sense to me. Organ meats and blood can carry a lot of disease, and intoxicants like alcohol remove your ability to think clearly. The food rules seem to have down to earth value as well as spiritual value. Do many Christians feel the same about Biblical food laws?

TzephanYahu

Sep 9, 2018
Dorset
✟95,699.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do many Christians feel the same about Biblical food laws?

Hi there!

Most Christians do not keep kosher but some do and in fact the group that do, which I count myself a part of, are growing quickly in these last days.

Basically, mainstream Christianity has been poor taught for so long now that the Tanakh (Old Testament) os antiquainted, obsolete or only applies to the Jews. This is contrary to the words of Yahweh (the God of the Bible) and the Messiah Yahushua (commonly known in English as Jesus).

Therefore, even though eating kosher does not attain you salvation for eternal life, it is a requirement for righteous and holy living, as is all the other commandments we can keep today from Torah, like the Sabbath and the Feasts. One of which is here now, that is Passover!

I hope that helps.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi there!

Most Christians do not keep kosher but some do and in fact the group that do, which I count myself a part of, are growing quickly in these last days.

Basically, mainstream Christianity has been poor taught for so long now that the Tanakh (Old Testament) os antiquainted, obsolete or only applies to the Jews. This is contrary to the words of Yahweh (the God of the Bible) and the Messiah Yahushua (commonly known in English as Jesus).

Therefore, even though eating kosher does not attain you salvation for eternal life, it is a requirement for righteous and holy living, as is all the other commandments we can keep today from Torah, like the Sabbath and the Feasts. One of which is here now, that is Passover!

I hope that helps.
Excellent reply.

Reactions: TzephanYahu
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟752,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
In the Orthodox Church fasting is observed among dietary lines similar to what you outlined. These dietary rules are not binding to us on non fasting times.

Our major fasts center on the Nativity of the Lord ( Christmas) & Great Lent ( Easter) & the weekdays of Wednesday & Friday. A concise nature to our diet is traceable to the prophet St. Daniel ( see Daniel 1 ). Individual health concerns are always taken into account.

Some guidelines we must take into account in fasting:

Colossians 2:11-23

Isaiah 58

Our Lord’s instruction on alms giving, prayer, & fasting:

Matthew 6:1-18

An outline of Orthodox fasting:

The Fasting Rule of the Orthodox Church

I would like to include an early Christian witness to fasting in the 8th section of an ancient, 1st c. (AD) manual called: The Didache. Additionally, this document (section 2.2) testifies to the implicit ( but not explicit) pro life stance of the Gospel in the New Testament. Didache. The Teaching of the Twelve Apostles (translation J. B. Lightfoot).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟428,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Biblical food restrictions from the Old Testament are not as important as what the Church actually received and how it has decided to integrate whatever it chose to baptize into Church practice in creating its own rules. Those rules are generally expressed through the fasting restrictions. Fasting rules vary according to tradition, though. That's probably the closest that I can think of to these OT rules. Lukaris has more or less covered those above, and our rules would look similar to those, but more stringent (though I don't mean to imply or establish a competition, since it's very much not about that, we do fast more than the EO, and don't have things like their "cheesefare week", where they the eat dairy products that they have so that they are prepared to go without for the Great Fast of Lent).

The Ethiopian and Eritrean Orthodox Tewahedo churches are the most outwardly 'Hebraic' in their character, eschewing the consumption of pork products, though there are some variations in their diet (I'm told; I don't actually know about the details of their diet, since I'm not EOT) which makes it not kosher according to Judaism. But still they are the closest of all the ancient churches (and have other customs like maintaining Saturday worship in addition to Sunday). The other Christian bodies who advocate a kosher diet are newer 'Messianic' types without significant roots before the 19th century or so. Though I know the other people participating in this thread will dispute that, it bears reminding that from the days of the Apostolic Council in Jerusalem the Church has decided what it would baptize from Judaism and what it would not, and there are more than enough historical examples of canons set up by the Church in many different places that very helpfully mark the dividing line between Christianity and Judaism, even if it was not evenly made in every place, e.g., among the Ethiopians who claim to have Jewish roots, and hence follow some different practices than others while still being in communion with the wider Oriental Orthodox Church to which they belong (Copts, Syrians, Armenians) which makes no similar claim for itself as whole. (Though obviously the Syriac-speaking Christians and also the Syriac Christians of India may claim cultural continuity with the early Church in Jerusalem which was also made up of what we would now recognize as Syriac people, even though Syriac is technically a 1st century AD and onward development from Aramaic, and not the same as the Aramaic that Jesus and His apostles spoke. Just don't tell the Syriacs that. :D It is, if we may, the closest thing that has survived into our times, the Syrian ordinary usage of the Liturgy of St. James, the earliest extant Christian liturgy in the world, being a kind of witness to that.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
What is the Christian view on dietary restrictions?

In Islam, we have rules about which foods are safe and wholesome to eat (halal) and foods which are forbidden (haram), such as pork products and alcohol. There is Koranic justification for following a halal diet (Surah 2:173), so it transcends tradition and cultural norms and is actually a religious obligation.

The Bible also seems to have writings on the subject of dietary restrictions and what is right or wrong to eat. In Leviticus 11 (in KJV version and ESV version) there are specific injunctions against:
  1. Camels
  2. Rock badgers/coneys
  3. Hares
  4. Pigs
  5. Any marine creature lacking fins and scales, presumably clams, shrimps, eels, sharks, dolphins and that sort of thing.
  6. Eagles, vultures, kites, falcons, hawks, seagulls, many owl species, storks, herons, swans, pelicans, bats and "birds on four legs" (Leviticus 11:20); this looks to include mainly predatory, meat-eating birds.
  7. Four legged winged insects without jointed legs/knees, and any insect that swarms
I am curious to know whether these Biblical dietary restrictions are followed by the majority of Christians today. My grandparents and step-father's parents are Christians of different denominations, and don't follow these injunctions when it comes to pig roasts and fried clams, but I don't know if they are very devout either. Do different denominations have different views on this, or is it mainly left up to place and culture? Also, what do Christians think about dietary restrictions like those in Islam?

Personally I like eating halal because it reminds me throughout the day to be focused on God and not superficial things. It also feels like something I can to do demonstrate my faith. However, I know it can be very taxing for some people. As a revert (convert) to Islam it was an adjustment for sure. However, a lot of the restrictions make sense to me. Organ meats and blood can carry a lot of disease, and intoxicants like alcohol remove your ability to think clearly. The food rules seem to have down to earth value as well as spiritual value. Do many Christians feel the same about Biblical food laws?

The fairly basic answer here is that, no, there are no dietary restrictions in Christianity. The biblical dietary laws were given exclusively to the Jewish people as part of their unique covenant with God.

In Christianity there is the idea that the unfolding of history, and of God's work and dealings throughout history, have a particular aim, there is a direction moving forward through history toward an ultimate goal; in Christianity the direction of all things, the goal toward which history has been moving, is Jesus Christ. Thus when Christians read what we call the Old Testament--the Jewish sacred writings from before the time of Jesus which we accept as our own Sacred Scriptures--we do so Christocentrically. Because in Christianity the point of the Bible isn't itself, the Bible isn't self-referential, the Bible itself isn't God's Revelation (with a capital 'R' there); rather God's Revelation, God's Word, is Jesus Christ. And so the point of the Bible--the entire Bible--is Jesus. Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, etc matter because of Jesus. Why does God tell Eve that one day her offspring would crush the head of the serpent which lied to them in the Garden of Eden? Because Jesus is that Offspring who crushes Satan. Why did God call Abraham out of the land of the Chaldeans, promising him that he and his wife Sarah would give birth to a son, and that through this promise Abraham would become the father of many nations? Jesus, Jesus is the Seed of Abraham, through Whom all would be blessed and Abraham a father of all nations through faith in Jesus. Why does God rescue the children of Jacob--Israel--out of Egypt, give them the Torah, make a covenant with them, and then bring them into the land of promise? The answer, again, is Jesus.

But this particular covenant, the one which God makes with the Jewish people after He brings them out of Egypt by giving them the 613 precepts of the Torah, by which they were to be marked and sealed as His covenant nation and people, this covenant was really only for them. This is why, in Judaism even today, Jews never expect non-Jews to follow kashrut (the Jewish dietary laws), or to observe the Sabbath; not only are non-Jews not expected to do these things, these things aren't for them at all. From a Jewish POV for a non-Jew to do these things is a bit like a someone breaking into your home and claiming your possessions as their own.

The first Christians were Jews, and so naturally they continued to live like Jews--they followed the Torah, they followed Jewish customs and traditions like attending the Synagogue on the Sabbath, and so on and so forth. This wasn't controversial. But it didn't take very long until non-Jews--Gentiles--began to convert to Christianity. The inclusion of the Gentiles into the early Christian communities was a very big deal, and raised a lot of questions. For example, do these Gentiles need to formally convert to Judaism in order to be Christians? Did a formerly Pagan Greek, for example, need to become a Jew, to be circumcised, and to begin observing the instructions of the Torah--on what foods to eat or abstain from, to observe the Sabbath, to celebrate the Jewish days of observance, and so on and so forth.

The answer to this question came from the Council of Jerusalem, the apostles and early Christian leaders met in Jerusalem--the Christian Church's base of global operations at the time, if you will--and the answer they came up with was that, well, no. No, Gentiles don't have to become Jews. When St. Peter, Jesus' Apostles, received a vision from God about not calling unclean what God has made clean, and then went to the house of the Roman centurion Cornelius, Peter watched as God worked a powerful sign and wonder, a repeat of what had happened at the very beginning of the Church's ministry, God poured out the Holy Spirit upon all gathered. Peter immediately understood what this meant, and also the meaning of his vision, and so had the entire household of Cornelius baptized as Christians. Not by first having them convert to Judaism, but baptized them as Gentiles. This was the spark that began the meeting of the apostles in Jerusalem previously mentioned in the first place. And so those gathered concluded that it was clear that God was giving a very clear sign saying that Gentiles, not just Jews, were part of God's work and mission.

This becomes very important, as throughout the letters of St. Paul, the most prolific writer of those books which are part of the New Testament, repeatedly and poignantly state that God's work and mission is truly universal, for both Jew and Gentile, without any distinction whatsoever. Jews, who observe Torah (including food restrictions) and Gentiles, who do not observe Torah (and thus the food restrictions). Thus the question of what one eats has nothing to do with God, but is entirely a matter of personal and individual conscience. Some chose to be vegetarians and abstain from eating meat, some had no problem with eating meat, neither was wrong, as long as one was abiding by their conscience then they were in the right equally. Likewise, some observed the Sabbath, some did not; some recognized this or that as important, others didn't. But these didn't didn't really, actually, matter.

It doesn't matter what we eat or don't eat, what matters is that we have faith in Jesus Christ and abide by our conscience in faith.

With the coming of Jesus, the Christ, that is to say the Messiah, fulfillment of God's promises has come. And in and through Jesus God was establishing a new covenant, a new order; the old passing away and the new coming about. The preaching of Jesus that God's kingdom was at hand covers both the inauguration of that kingdom in Himself and His life, death, resurrection and ascension into heaven where He lives and reigns at the right hand of His Father in glory right now; and also the consummation of all things at the conclusion of history when He returns, as Judge, and the dead are raised, and God makes everything new. So that this newness, this renewal of all things, has already begun, is happening even now through the work of God in His Church by the preaching of this Gospel to all nations, and is finally consummated at the End, when God sets all things to rights, creation is restored, and God is all in all.

-CryptoLutheran

• Useful
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mark 7:18-23 (NASB) And He (Jesus) said to them, "Are you so lacking in understanding also? Do you not understand that whatever goes into the man from outside cannot defile him, because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and is eliminated?" (Thus He declared all foods clean.) And He was saying, "That which proceeds out of the man, that is what defiles the man. "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries, deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well as deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride and foolishness. "All these evil things proceed from within and defile the man."

Upvote 0

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Please explain how dietary habits and keeping the Feasts (which Christ fulfilled thus rendering them unnecessary) define and maintain "righteous living"?

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please explain how dietary habits and keeping the Feasts (which Christ fulfilled thus rendering them unnecessary) define and maintain "righteous living"?
I'll chip in my 2 cents. The dietary laws were in place before being being codified in the Mosaic law. Noah for example was aware of the distinction between clean and unclean animals as commanded by God when he took pairs of them aboard the ark. Unclean food is described as an "abomination" in Leviticus 11. Obviously it is a strong word of condemnation meant to warn people against eating unclean food. No where in the NT is the distinction between eating clean and unclean food abolished. It is a "forever" commandment.
As far as keeping the feasts go, Jesus and Paul kept the feasts. Jesus as the Lamb of God fulfilled Passover but not all the feasts are fulfilled. Some are yet to be fulfilled. That is why Col 2:17 states that the feasts, New Moon days and Sabbaths are a shadow of the things to come; but the body is Christ's. If all has already been fulfilled, this verse would instead read were a shadow....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TzephanYahu

Sep 9, 2018
Dorset
✟95,699.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

In order to do so I would need to quote large portions of the Torah, the prophets and the psalms.

If you spend more time in the Scriptures (not just in the letters of Paul), you will find what you're looking for.

Upvote 0

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In order to do so I would need to quote large portions of the Torah, the prophets and the psalms.

If you spend more time in the Scriptures (not just in the letters of Paul), you will find what you're looking for.

I do spend a good deal of time in the OT. I just wanted some clarification from you on how dietary restrictions yield greater spirituality and right standing before God. As far as I know, unless an OT law/prescription is upheld in the NT, it is now null and void. Are you able to provide a response of reasonable length?

Upvote 0

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'll chip in my 2 cents. The dietary laws were in place before being being codified in the Mosaic law. Noah for example was aware of the distinction between clean and unclean animals as commanded by God when he took pairs of them aboard the ark. Unclean food is described as an "abomination" in Leviticus 11. Obviously it is a strong word of condemnation meant to warn people against eating unclean food. No where in the NT is the distinction between eating clean and unclean food abolished. It is a "forever" commandment

What purpose, in a spiritual sense, do OT dietary laws serve now to the believer?

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What purpose, in a spiritual sense, do OT dietary laws serve now to the believer?
Just ask yourself. Do you obey only the commands that Jesus taught in the NT, or do you also obey the commands in the OT? If you say you only believe the NT commands because the law/commands in the OT were done away with and only applied to the Jews, then perhaps you may want to reconsider.

Was the prohibition against eating unclean animal so grievous that God called it an abomination simply done away with via Jesus' atonement? Is homosexuality which is also an abomination now okay via the atonement? I think you can see the contradiction here.

The commands in both the OT and NT are meant to be followed. The NT builds upon the OT so for example we do not only refrain from committing physical adultery (letter of the law) but we now also refrain from committing adultery with our eyes (spirit of the law). It would be senseless to claim that we should not commit adultery with our eyes but are now free to commit physical adultery since the law no longer applies. The law or Torah simply means "instruction." Torah instructs how we should live our lives in obedience to God - in this particular case by what we eat, or don't eat.

The law never justified anyone as only faith in Jesus justifies. However, following the dietary law demonstrates that we live in obedience to God. It demonstrates that we love Him as the scripture states if we love him, we keep his commands. 1 John 5:3

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TzephanYahu

Sep 9, 2018
Dorset
✟95,699.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As far as I know, unless an OT law/prescription is upheld in the NT, it is now null and void.

I don't go by that theology at all. That's effectively asking God to repeat Himself in my eyes.

I go by the whole book as best as I can, by the Spirit. I don't use the NT as a "filter" but as the pinnacle of the whole. Therefore holy and righetous living is detailed throughout, explained in the OT and demonstrated in the NT.

To then deny the holy and righteous instructions of our Father unless He repeats Himself all over again in the NT suggests there are two ways of holy living, which is incorrect according to the Word.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't go by that theology at all. That's effectively asking God to repeat Himself in my eyes.

I go by the whole book as best as I can, by the Spirit. I don't use the NT as a "filter" but as the pinnacle of the whole. Therefore holy and righetous living is detailed throughout, explained in the OT and demonstrated in the NT.

To then deny the holy and righteous instructions of our Father unless He repeats Himself all over again in the NT suggests there are two ways of holy living, which is incorrect according to the Word.
Deleted. mistaken response.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
  1. Camels
  2. Rock badgers/coneys
  3. Hares
  4. Pigs
I am curious to know whether these Biblical dietary restrictions are followed by the majority of Christians today. My grandparents and step-father's parents are Christians of different denominations, and don't follow these injunctions when it comes to pig roasts and fried clams, but I don't know if they are very devout either. Do different denominations have different views on this, or is it mainly left up to place and culture?
Looking at it from a strictly Biblical perspective, the kosher laws were given only to Jews. Ask a learned Jew, who believes they should be followed today: He will tell you that the kosher laws only apply to Jews. Since most of the Christians today are not of Jewish heritage, that command does not fall on us. Now, fast-forward to the New Testament. Jews were believing in Jesus as their Messiah, and did not stop being Jewish. Then God called Peter to expand the Christian message to Gentiles, and the Gentiles believed (Acts 10). This was accepted, but a controversy came up - did Gentiles who believed in Jesus have to be circumcised to become Jews and fully come under the Law in order to truly become Christians? In Acts 15, the Holy Spirit guided the council in Jerusalem to rule, no. There were a few things that they told the Gentile believers to hold to, but a kosher diet was not one of them:

"For it has seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay on you no greater burden than these requirements: that you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from what has been strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell." - Acts 15:28-29
So, we can eat any edible animal. And I thank God for that, especially when I'm eating bacon.

Now, I would never put it upon a Christian of Jewish heritage to do the same. If such a Christian believes in keeping kosher, great - but I expect him to follow the rest of the Law as is possible to keep without denying who Jesus is, and what Jesus did. And to not put it upon me or other Gentile Christians to follow the same practice.

Also, what do Christians think about dietary restrictions like those in Islam?
I'm indifferent to it. Muslims believe in refraining from certain foods and drinks, if they want to do that, no skin off of my nose. I do believe they are missing out, though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Looking at it from a strictly Biblical perspective, the kosher laws were given only to Jews. Ask a learned Jew, who believes they should be followed today: He will tell you that the kosher laws only apply to Jews. Since most of the Christians today are not of Jewish heritage, that command does not fall on us. Now, fast-forward to the New Testament. Jews were believing in Jesus as their Messiah, and did not stop being Jewish. Then God called Peter to expand the Christian message to Gentiles, and the Gentiles believed (Acts 10). This was accepted, but a controversy came up - did Gentiles who believed in Jesus have to be circumcised to become Jews and fully come under the Law in order to truly become Christians? In Acts 15, the Holy Spirit guided the council in Jerusalem to rule, no. There were a few things that they told the Gentile believers to hold to, but a kosher diet was not one of them:

"For it has seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay on you no greater burden than these requirements: that you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from what has been strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell." - Acts 15:28-29
So, we can eat any edible animal. And I thank God for that, especially when I'm eating bacon.

Now, I would never put it upon a Christian of Jewish heritage to do the same. If such a Christian believes in keeping kosher, great - but I expect him to follow the rest of the Law as is possible to keep without denying who Jesus is, and what Jesus did. And to not put it upon me or other Gentile Christians to follow the same practice.

I'm indifferent to it. Muslims believe in refraining from certain foods and drinks, if they want to do that, no skin off of my nose. I do believe they are missing out, though.
A Jew might say that but he be wrong as the Bible does not say that.
“The same law shall apply to the native as to the stranger who sojourns among you.” Ex 12:49
God made no distinction between the gentile and the Israelite as He made it clear that the same law applies to both.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A Jew might say that but he be wrong as the Bible does not say that.
“The same law shall apply to the native as to the stranger who sojourns among you.” Ex 12:49
God made no distinction between the gentile and the Israelite as He made it clear that the same law applies to both.
1) I'm not sojourning in Israel.
2) Exodus 12:49 is in the context of Passover restrictions. It cannot be rightly used to claim the whole Law is upon the Gentiles.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1) I'm not sojourning in Israel.
2) Exodus 12:49 is in the context of Passover restrictions. It cannot be rightly used to claim the whole Law is upon the Gentiles.
The point is God never made a distinction between Jew and Gentile in following the law as it applies to both. Care to cite scripture which states differently? You also forgot to include the part where the gentile needs to be circumcised (Ex 12:48).

Upvote 0