Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Here in the US I'll watch certain TBN programs. I like their Praise Portion when they have Song writers entertainers praise and worship team David and Nicole Binion on. For services I like Jenezen Franklin's messages on TBN. Charles Stanley can be pretty good once you get past his boring choir and just take in his message. On Friday night Hal Lindsay is good for some news, whether or not you get into his end times theme, he does have a biblical perspective on news. The guy that follows him is a whack job. Many of the TBN preachers you can keep quite frankly. I think except for his advertising, that David Jeremiah can give a fairly accurate message. But I watch him on Wed night instead of Sunday because they go straight to the message on Wed.

My wife and I watch the Greater Grace World Outreach service online at 6:30 Sunday evenings. They also have 9 and 11 am services online and Wed night at 7:30. They don't have the money backing of TBN obviously but their messages are pretty dead on most of the time.

The one I get along with best though is Jesus Christ and His bible.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,153.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I have been told to not watch t.v. The Heavenly Father told me "It is being used to harden the hearts of Americans." I know you think TBN is okay, and maybe some things on Netflix. Well, I won't argue about TBN as I don't think that would be fruitful but I have personally seen no "entertainment" on Netflix, or any place associated with Hollywood that is really promoting Christian values, but usually the opposite. MHO.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The only one i watch is TBN UK which is excellent.
So what other christian channels do people here wa
The only one i watch is TBN UK which is excellent.
So what other christian channels do people here watch and would recommend please? I have Sky and Netflix.

tch and would recommend please? I have Sky and Netflix.

Sometimes we find a movie to watch on Pureflix, christian cinema, ParablesTV...
usually I get our christian movies/teachings/devotions/studies/books/music from our local christian bookstore or from online from places like amazon, christianbook, ffoz, sermon index, sermon audio etc.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have been told to not watch t.v. The Heavenly Father told me "It is being used to harden the hearts of Americans." I know you think TBN is okay, and maybe some things on Netflix. Well, I won't argue about TBN as I don't think that would be fruitful but I have personally seen no "entertainment" on Netflix, or any place associated with Hollywood that is really promoting Christian values, but usually the opposite. MHO.

Hi
I think with careful discernment there is plenty useful and enriching in television.
Try the series The Bible, i think its Netflix or Sky. Wonderful. The film The Shack is great.
Msny christian channels i have not yet explored. But choose well, find what you need to keep learning about Jesus. Don't close your mind. Technology is for us to enrich our minds if used positively. Lots of nonsense to avoid!
TBN is excellent and the 700 Club is too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't tend to stick to one channel but instead like certain shows on God TV, TBN, Revelation TV, Inspiration etc, but I've found that it's harder to regularly find the shows unless it's Joyce Meyer which is consistent on TBN. I've had to resort to watching the likes of Chuck Missler and Derek Prince on YouTube.

I've had a nudge again to stop watching most of the terrestrial channels (I don't have Sky or cable). The most is the news but even then it is too much directed by those in power.

But I confess I'll be struggling again when Season 5 of Agents of Shield comes to the UK :)

Upvote 0