Christian travel mate: Who wants to travel with me?

philadelphos

Sydney
Jun 20, 2019
Sydney
✟45,144.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Brothers, let's go somewhere!

I'm thinking backpacking/glamping for 1-2 weeks (limited I know). Maybe Jerusalem, Iraq, Eqypt, Saudi Arabia, and surrounds, per sites in Scripture. I want to see the Sodom and Gomorrah sites, Babylon on the Euphrates River in modern day Iraq, Nineveh in Northern Iraq, and Jabal Al Lawz in Saudi Arabia. Literal backpacking: Content with sleeping bag and tent on legal campsites, hostels, and or splitting hotel bills. The more the merrier. Would be great visiting Christian communities in these areas. Messianics and Protestants, maybe colleges also.

I'm in Sydney and pretty flexible on location. Happy to fly anywhere, especially to escape the scorching 50degC heat here in Jan.

As time is limited, anywhere in Europe I also don't mind. I know Greek some French and German. The NT church areas in Asia Minor. Otherwise standard places in Greece and the Mediterranean, or perhaps Germany/Bavaria, the Alpine regions, Switzerland, Northern Italy, Belgium, the wildlife in Serbia/Croatia. Maybe Scandinavia: Denmark, Sweden, Norway.

Alternatively, I may travel Australia in a 4WD or sail somewhere. But again, the heat makes this a little unwise unless in a moderate/cool climate region.

What to expect with me? Early 30s male. Experienced traveller. Cheerful and loyal companion. Passionate cook. Pints of beer and giggles. Bowls of pasta. Constant stock of muesli bars and carbs. Active site-seeing and athletic activities. Trains and buses. Cycling when possible. Scripture reading, exegesis, and theological chats. KJV, TR, and MT. Philosophical chats. Frequent whining about work and family. McGuyver navigation and survival. Photography on demand. Prayerful and faithful.

When? Fri 20th Dec (or Wed 25th Dec) I'm told I'm to take annual leave until Jan Week 1 or 2, depending.

While I believe that travel is to see people not places, also being mindful not to covet after a neighbour's property, I can't stand the silly season here in Sydney... I honestly don't have any/many people worth seeing and I can hardly tolerate them as they're unbelievers. Another Christmas party? Please, no. Not again. Thank you, but no thank you. I'd much rather be doing something purposeful, fun, educational, memorable, and meeting other believers.

[I may return to Sydney in between if work requires, but highly unlikely. I may also delay this entire vacation until the new year, at Fri 17th Jan, to coincide with the Australia Day (Mon, 27 Jan 2020) long weekend. Again, that's if work requires me to stay back, but also highly unlikely.]

Budget? AU $50 per day should be achievable if 4 or more travel together, sharing bills, taking turns cooking etc. $700 for 14 days. Though, personally I would budget for double, as a keep safe.

Sisters? Young ladies are very welcome, but would need to be living separately for appropriateness. We can meet up in the mornings for breakfast and daytime activities.

Married couples? You're very welcome, but naturally you'd best arrange your own separate accommodation etc, for rendezvous with the group as you desire.

PM me! :)

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: AllDayFaith

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
There's only about two guys here who travel a lot.

The rest of us here also loves to travel if it's free! I was only able to travel due to work / business. Otherwise, I can't due to travel restrictions (being a citizen of a 3rd world country). It was terrific while it lasts. I've only been a few places and the state of Georgia is paradise (I have no idea how other places are).

Saudi isn't so friendly to me. Again, as citizen of 3rd world, we are heavily persecuted there, NOT as Christians but because of nationality/race. Ironically, I look Palestinian enough for locals to keep mistaking me for one.

Upvote 0

philadelphos

Sydney
Jun 20, 2019
Sydney
✟45,144.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
There's only about two guys here who travel a lot.

The rest of us here also loves to travel if it's free! I was only able to travel due to work / business. Otherwise, I can't due to travel restrictions (being a citizen of a 3rd world country). It was terrific while it lasts. I've only been a few places and the state of Georgia is paradise (I have no idea how other places are).

Saudi isn't so friendly to me. Again, as citizen of 3rd world, we are heavily persecuted there, NOT as Christians but because of nationality/race. Ironically, I look Palestinian enough for locals to keep mistaking me for one.

Thanks TW. Yes that's true, Australian passport holders are very welcome in most countries. I suppose like Paul, Aquila & Priscilla being Roman citizens. - So are you in Saudi or Palestine? Have you seen the Jabal Al Lawz site?

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Brothers, let's go somewhere!

I'm thinking backpacking/glamping for 1-2 weeks (limited I know). Maybe Jerusalem, Iraq, Eqypt, Saudi Arabia, and surrounds, per sites in Scripture. I want to see the Sodom and Gomorrah sites, Babylon on the Euphrates River in modern day Iraq, Nineveh in Northern Iraq, and Jabal Al Lawz in Saudi Arabia. Literal backpacking: Content with sleeping bag and tent on legal campsites, hostels, and or splitting hotel bills. The more the merrier. Would be great visiting Christian communities in these areas. Messianics and Protestants, maybe colleges also.

I'm in Sydney and pretty flexible on location. Happy to fly anywhere, especially to escape the scorching 50degC heat here in Jan.

As time is limited, anywhere in Europe I also don't mind. I know Greek some French and German. The NT church areas in Asia Minor. Otherwise standard places in Greece and the Mediterranean, or perhaps Germany/Bavaria, the Alpine regions, Switzerland, Northern Italy, Belgium, the wildlife in Serbia/Croatia. Maybe Scandinavia: Denmark, Sweden, Norway.

Alternatively, I may travel Australia in a 4WD or sail somewhere. But again, the heat makes this a little unwise unless in a moderate/cool climate region.

What to expect with me? Early 30s male. Experienced traveller. Cheerful and loyal companion. Passionate cook. Pints of beer and giggles. Bowls of pasta. Constant stock of muesli bars and carbs. Active site-seeing and athletic activities. Trains and buses. Cycling when possible. Scripture reading, exegesis, and theological chats. KJV, TR, and MT. Philosophical chats. Frequent whining about work and family. McGuyver navigation and survival. Photography on demand. Prayerful and faithful.

When? Fri 20th Dec (or Wed 25th Dec) I'm told I'm to take annual leave until Jan Week 1 or 2, depending.

While I believe that travel is to see people not places, also being mindful not to covet after a neighbour's property, I can't stand the silly season here in Sydney... I honestly don't have any/many people worth seeing and I can hardly tolerate them as they're unbelievers. Another Christmas party? Please, no. Not again. Thank you, but no thank you. I'd much rather be doing something purposeful, fun, educational, memorable, and meeting other believers.

[I may return to Sydney in between if work requires, but highly unlikely. I may also delay this entire vacation until the new year, at Fri 17th Jan, to coincide with the Australia Day (Mon, 27 Jan 2020) long weekend. Again, that's if work requires me to stay back, but also highly unlikely.]

Budget? AU $50 per day should be achievable if 4 or more travel together, sharing bills, taking turns cooking etc. $700 for 14 days. Though, personally I would budget for double, as a keep safe.

Sisters? Young ladies are very welcome, but would need to be living separately for appropriateness. We can meet up in the mornings for breakfast and daytime activities.

Married couples? You're very welcome, but naturally you'd best arrange your own separate accommodation etc, for rendezvous with the group as you desire.

PM me! :)

I cannot be a part of this but I love your hospitality and willingness to adventure. I hope you have a blessed trip with whoever joins you!

Upvote 0

VMaeLove

Selbst ist die Frau
Jul 30, 2019
Saxony-Anhalt
✟124,235.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You do not have a person local interested with travel?
I travel a lot but not with strangers.. :confused:
Usually with family or work.
I think nobody does that ? :scratch:
Hope it happens for you I wonder :wave:

Upvote 0

philadelphos

Sydney
Jun 20, 2019
Sydney
✟45,144.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single

Hallo VML, danke fürs urteilen. -- Well, what can I say? This too would be a first for me, I suppose, although I have travelled with large teams of work mates who have been mostly strangers, and large tours with people I hadn't known before signing up.

The key difference here I would hope is that the Lord is our core foundation and commonality, as opposed to say binge drinking, material consumerism, clubbing, drug taking, sexual promiscuity, and the plethora of activities dabbled in with others. My 'friends' are also newly married domesticated house kittens, hopelessly unreliable, if that helps your bewilderment. Travel, learning, trying new things, meeting strangers and making new friends isn't something they do. They're narrow-minded bigots. Their greatest anxiety in life is what to make for dinner. My work mates are also much older and in similar situations, aging, inactive, probably senile too. - I'm the odd one out.

There are locals interested in travel, people like myself I suppose, but it's mostly non-Christian local people, or perhaps backpackers, and weird German tourists... :)

They're also mostly heading North to Queensland and the cliche tourist destinations, which is not the best time, not my cuppa tea, and un-wise given the climate imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: VMaeLove
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Funny that did not cross my mind.

I'm a remote worker so I'm mostly alone and most of my friends are on the internet.

In my past travels, I'am always alone. I make friends on the plane and foreign countries and that helps cover it up. I'm just horrible at following up on friendships. I met really nice people on planes.

Something about the fumes getting into the cabin in planes that makes me feel drunk....Airliners should take of that serious problem!!

Upvote 0

VMaeLove

Selbst ist die Frau
Jul 30, 2019
Saxony-Anhalt
✟124,235.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hallo VML, danke fürs urteilen. -- Well, what can I say? This too would be a first for me, I suppose, although I have travelled with large teams of work mates who have been mostly strangers, and large tours with people I hadn't known before signing up.

The key difference here I would hope is that the Lord is our core foundation and commonality, as opposed to say binge drinking, material consumerism, clubbing, drug taking, sexual promiscuity, and the plethora of activities dabbled in with others. My 'friends' are also newly married domesticated house kittens, hopelessly unreliable, if that helps your bewilderment. Travel, learning, trying new things, meeting strangers and making new friends isn't something they do. They're narrow-minded bigots. Their greatest anxiety in life is what to make for dinner. My work mates are also much older and in similar situations, aging, inactive, probably senile too. - I'm the odd one out.

There are locals interested in travel, people like myself I suppose, but it's mostly non-Christian local people, or perhaps backpackers, and weird German tourists... :)

They're also mostly heading North to Queensland and the cliche tourist destinations, which is not the best time, not my cuppa tea, and un-wise given the climate imo.

Most people are fine not seeing past their home town and is understanded. I move a lot since I was young, now with work and my Papa has join citizenship in US so I go there the most summer with him. It is in my blood to not sit still ^_^
If you find yourself near Saxony-Anhalt before spring I will give a tour, Magdeburg is must see :wave: Alles Gute!

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟767,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

This thread has had a cleaning. Please keep posts on topic - looking for friends to travel with. The topic is not income or travel inequality.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

philadelphos

Sydney
Jun 20, 2019
Sydney
✟45,144.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Back from sailing Australia with non-Christian friends. God's creation is beautiful, amazingly so, in terror and calm. I was particularly enthralled by things I saw along the coastline, volcanic rock formations, shrinking marine life, relics from the Great Flood and signs of the decay of this world. I learnt so much this trip, more than expected, spending intimate time with non-Christians for the first time in years, also about life and death, rationing, the unpredictability of wind and sea weather, and God's unfailing love. It amazes me that water as element can take so many shapes and forms, from still mercurial waters to turbulent waves, or delicate wind swept peaks, as cold and damp, or as humidity that keeps the air warm at night. Endless combinations. - Here's some photos from my pov. Hopefully some of you will join me next time. Blessings :)

mono(1).jpg

Hatch2(1).jpg

hatch(1).jpg

laundry(1).jpg

honeymoon bay2(1).jpg

husky sand(1).jpg
sea2(1).jpg
hole in the wall(1).jpg
berth(1).jpg

vicpark(1).jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums