Colombo
✟7,824.00
Country
Sri Lanka
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I personally don't support LGBT since God created man and woman for a reason. As I've learned lesbian and gay relationships are prohibited in Christianity. Since gays and lesbians are born with that status of a mind (psychologically), it seems it's impossible for them to attract themselves towards the opposite gender. I find that it's something like a disorder in them. It's not a Christian characteristic for us to reject/neglect them, or punish them for how they were born. So, what should we do to them?

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, what should we do to them?

Mark 12:31 The second is this: 'Love your neighbour as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

Matthew 7:12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets

Upvote 0

Lucian Hodoboc

I've already read the Bible
Jul 8, 2017
-
Visit site
✟89,082.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I personally don't support LGBT since God created man and woman for a reason. As I've learned lesbian and gay relationships are prohibited in Christianity. Since gays and lesbians are born with that status of a mind (psychologically), it seems it's impossible for them to attract themselves towards the opposite gender. I find that it's something like a disorder in them. It's not a Christian characteristic for us to reject/neglect them, or punish them for how they were born. So, what should we do to them?
What annoys me about the LGBT is that they included asexuality in their group. Asexuality is represented by the small minority of people who don't feel sexual attraction towards anyone. It's a lack of sexuality. According to the Bible, Paul recommends remaining celibate if you have no sexual desires. Why would they include asexuality in LGBT?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fm107

Psalm 19:1-4 and Romans 1:20
May 12, 2009
London, UK
✟60,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry but that excuse that they are born that way is a nonsense.

Babies aren't born with sexual desires. They're born innocent, it what happens as one grows up that has an affect on their sexual appetite.

To say people are born gay, is to point the finger at God and say, "you made me this way!" Totally, not the case.

Romans chapter 1 talks quite a bit about homosexuality and these people give their minds to it until they are given over to it completely.

As far as I understand, between 1990 - 2003, scientists conducted the Human Genomes Project where they went through every human gene. Guess what? They didn't find a single homosexual gene.

Finally, regarding transvestites, God created us all and scripture says our bodies are not our own to do with as we please. So we don't have permission to alter our bodies in that way. Scripture likens God to a pot maker and humans as his pots that he has made. Who are we then to go and alter the way God has designed us? Do we know better than God? No! This, in my view, is yet another group of people "given over" to perverse things that are contrary to nature.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
If you engage in any kind of fornication, no difference in what sex, like Esau before you, you will have sold out your blessings in God.

15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;
16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.
17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears. - Hebrews 12

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Maria.V.H

Feb 1, 2017
Denmark
✟27,019.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think we should treat them with love, treat them like every other human being, because no one is perfect, we all sin. I think we should concentrate on ourselves first, because we for sure are not perfect, but we have no problem pointing at everyone else instead of ourselves, maybe we should think about that for a change!!

Upvote 0

Tomm

Christian
Supporter
Jan 30, 2007
WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

A top researcher with the American Psychological Association and lesbian activist has acknowledged that gays are not "born that way."
Dr. Lisa Diamond, co-editor-in-chief of the APA Handbook of Sexuality and Psychology and one of the APA’s “most respected members," says sexual orientation is "fluid" and not unchangeable.

Researcher explodes myth: Gays aren’t ‘born that way’

Reactions: OwainK
Upvote 0

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is an interesting thread. I believe if you keep approaching the topic and each other with love, compassion, and attempts at understanding, it will be beneficial to all. God bless.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry but that excuse that they are born that way is a nonsense.

Babies aren't born with sexual desires. They're born innocent, it what happens as one grows up that has an affect on their sexual appetite.

To say people are born gay, is to point the finger at God and say, "you made me this way!" Totally, not the case.

Romans chapter 1 talks quite a bit about homosexuality and these people give their minds to it until they are given over to it completely.

As far as I understand, between 1990 - 2003, scientists conducted the Human Genomes Project where they went through every human gene. Guess what? They didn't find a single homosexual gene.

Finally, regarding transvestites, God created us all and scripture says our bodies are not our own to do with as we please. So we don't have permission to alter our bodies in that way. Scripture likens God to a pot maker and humans as his pots that he has made. Who are we then to go and alter the way God has designed us? Do we know better than God? No! This, in my view, is yet another group of people "given over" to perverse things that are contrary to nature.

"Contrary to nature".

There are homosexual animals too, FYI.

And the only thing in the Bible that was ever condemned were acts (which you can control), not attraction(which you can't). Try looking at a random person and forcing yourself to crush on them. You can't.

Also, I REALLY dislike that "potter and the clay" analogy. Clay is not sentient. Clay is not a being with a mind and will and hopes and dreams. We are.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What annoys me about the LGBT is that they included asexuality in their group. Asexuality is represented by the small minority of people who don't feel sexual attraction towards anyone. It's a lack of sexuality. According to the Bible, Paul recommends remaining celibate if you have to sexual desires. Why would they include asexuality in LGBT?

Becasue the purpose of the organization is to include minority groups that they feel are unfairly discriminated against by the majority. One "issue" might be that "family friendly" organizations allow employees to show up late if they explain they had child care issues. So they are late or have to leave early and that's OK. But then single employees are expected to cover for them. "I have to leave early to meet my friends for a concert." doesn't fly so well with the boss.

• Informative
Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fm107

May 12, 2009
London, UK
✟60,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
"Contrary to nature".

There are homosexual animals too, FYI.

And the only thing in the Bible that was ever condemned were acts (which you can control), not attraction(which you can't). Try looking at a random person and forcing yourself to crush on them. You can't.

Also, I REALLY dislike that "potter and the clay" analogy. Clay is not sentient. Clay is not a being with a mind and will and hopes and dreams. We are.

If I understand you correctly, animal behaviour is the standard your setting the human race by. Your saying we can behave like animals?

We're different from the animals. At the beginning, God made us in his own likeness as crown over his creation. Our standard to live by is not that of animals, nor is it the standard of this world. Our standard is Christ.

The original writer referred to homosexual relationships to which I also refer. I agree the temptation can be there and if we don't act on it then good. But not only should it not be acted on the thoughts should not be entertained. 2 Corinthians 10:5

The potter and the clay analogy is what it is. I can't help if you dislike it.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry but that excuse that they are born that way is a nonsense. Babies aren't born with sexual desires. They're born innocent, it what happens as one grows up that has an affect on their sexual appetite.

My wife is a career teacher. "Gay" toddlers get picked on for their odd behavior. Yes, they are gay long before they have sex. And you'll not convince me that
toddlers from the ghetto have gay role models to follow.

Gay boys can have mannerisms that cause them not to fit well in very early. This is why so many gay men are found in theater. They learn to "act" like others even though it is not natural for them.

670044835.jpg
eBzLPIkKGPPf8Ju75wdB6PU2GOxhyXVBOCxighZ9wSvyYjnat-IhMSBMxiv5MygjQXEWfg=s151

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A top researcher with the American Psychological Association and lesbian activist has acknowledged that gays are not "born that way."
Dr. Lisa Diamond, co-editor-in-chief of the APA Handbook of Sexuality and Psychology and one of the APA’s “most respected members," says sexual orientation is "fluid" and not unchangeable.
Researcher explodes myth: Gays aren’t ‘born that way’

This is partly true. Not every girl I've dated looked the same or had the
same personality. If fact one was gay for a while. But we can't force
changes in the sexual interests of other people either, by claiming the
church rules or majority rules.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I understand you correctly, animal behaviour is the standard your setting the human race by. Your saying we can behave like animals?

We're different from the animals, in creation, God made us in his own likeness as crown over his creation. Our standard to live by is not that of animals, nor is it the standard of this world. Our standard is Christ.

Jesus loved both men and women equally.
And with serious conviction. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

fm107

May 12, 2009
London, UK
✟60,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
My wife is a career teacher. "Gay" toddlers get picked on for their odd behavior. Yes, they are gay long before they have sex. Gay boys can have mannerisms that cause them not to fit well in very early. This is why so many gay men are found in theater. They learn to "act" like others even though it is not natural for them.

So what your saying is God is unjust in condemning homosexuals because he made them that way?

What I see in our society today is the corruption of innocent minds from an ever younger age. Children who should be innocent until their teens lose their innocence before even starting school. I think this is why your wife sees "gay" toddlers.

Regarding being gay before having sex, I agree one can be, just like someone can be heterosexual without actually engaging in sex. Sexual appetites can also be warped by the upbringing and sexual abuse as children.

Jesus loved both men and women equally.
And with serious conviction. :oldthumbsup:

I never once said not to love them. I wholly agree to love one neighbours as ones self. And to preach the gospel to them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So what your saying is God is unjust in condemning homosexuals because he made them that way?

I believe you are reading the scriptures wrong.
The Bible frowns on adultery,(stone to death)
but then makes concessions
for divorce and widows to remarry even after
stating it is adultery. This shows that
commitment to one other adult is the
issue by excusing adultery.

In the scriptures you might refer to, multiple partners
is the problem. In the above example, even that is excused.
Sin is in the heart, not in the head of finger pointers.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Like any other person, show the Love of God, walk them through the Word, and give them room to find God for themselves.

So often when we witness, we identify the byproduct of spiritual brokenness, and put alot of emphasis on it, and not address the root of it, that we are all born of sin. Our sinful nature preverses the design and plan God has for us, and everyone is struggling with the pressures of this world to honor it. We cannot do it by our own works, which is why the good news is that God loves us so much that Jesus came to die and give us victory over ANYTHING.As long as we seek Him and believe that he can do the impossible in us. The love of God is greater than anything this world can offer, and eternal life is a greater prize than approval of man.

It would also help to ask them about their experience of how they came to that point. Be a listening ear for them. One way or another, it's most likely an experience that they accepted as a truth at its core, whether through a traumatic experience or identifying with an occurring feeling. We should never reject/neglect them, but guide them through their struggle from cover to cover of the Bible with patience and out of a longing for them to know God for themselves, and not to tell them that they have to change overnight or accepting God is a guarantee that the feelings will disappear. It's an ongoing process, that we overcome them, and not to be ashamed to go to Him because He loves us. God will open their eyes if they do decide to seek Him.

We have to be sensitive when witness, because, for them, this world has crafted it in such of a way that not only forces them to accept it as a truth that cannot change ,but created their own little world that convinces that that is who they are. So remember that while you're seeing as sin, they are seeing as their entire being. It can't be solved by only quoting a few scriptures. Like a baby, you plant seeds slowly, hold their hand when needed, give them space to grow, and trust God will work it out in them. We could be the closest experience of them knowing the truth and Love of God, and the closest thing of finding out the truth about who they really are.

If you're concern that someone would go back to it, if it's a one-on-one talk you're having, be a friend. Check up on them to see if they are okay, give them a scripture sometimes to be an encouragement or to reveal things about God in general. And pray for them, pray with them if they are open. Allow them to have God made real to them.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What I see in our society today is the corruption of innocent minds from an ever younger age. Children who should be innocent until their teens lose their innocence before even starting school. I think this is why your wife sees "gay" toddlers.

Regarding being gay before having sex, I agree one can be, just like someone can be heterosexual without actually engaging in sex. Sexual appetites can also be warped by the upbringing and sexual abuse as children.

That would be worthy of your continued research. And I don't
mean the "Focus on the Family" website.

Upvote 0

Fílos-tou-Iisou

Aug 29, 2017
Brierley Hill
✟8,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The Holy Bible, which is God's Word to the human race, and therefore the ultimate Authority on all matters, is very clear on the issue of homosexuality.

The very first Book of the Bible clearly states that God created man and woman, and told them to multiply, and fill the earth with humans of both sexes, male and female.

The Bible is also very clear that homosexual relations are sinful and therefore wrong before the Holy God of the Bible. In the Book of Leviticus we are told, "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable" (18:22) . In 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, the Apostle Paul writes, "
Do you not know that the unjust will not inherit God's kingdom? Do not be deceived: no sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, prostitutes, homosexuals, thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, or swindlers will inherit God's kingdom". Again, Romans 1:26-32, where we read, "For this cause God gave them up unto vile passions: for their women changed the natural use into that which is against nature: and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men working unseemliness, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was due. And even as they refused to have God in their knowledge, God gave them up unto a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not fitting; being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, hateful to God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, without understanding, covenant-breakers, without natural affection, unmerciful: who, knowing the ordinance of God, that they that practice such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but also consent with them that practice them"

In the passage from Romans we have the Greek word "φυσικός" (natural), which has a far deeper meaning, "natural, produced or caused by nature, inborn, native". "produced by nature, inborn", which says that every human being that is born, has a God-given, in-built desire for the opposite sex, which is exactly what this passage is teaching. This shows beyond any doubt, that no person can ever be "born" as a homosexual, regardless what any medical expert might say! It is very evident, that, as the Bible clearly calls homosexuality a "sin", and condemns it, that it cannot be something that is in a person from birth. As this would make God unfair as He would be punishing someone for something that they could not control. God would not condemn homosexuality and punish homosexuals, if they were born so, nor would it be a sin in the Bible. Evil people who are opposed to everything that the Bible teaches, have promoted this vile life-style, and try to justify their ungodly and wicked ways by appealing to the Holy Bible, with misuse if verses like, "love one another". It is important to note, that the Greek word "Ἔρως", which is the sexual word for "love", is never used in the New Testament.

Jesus, as God on earth, and therefore the highest Authority, says that marriage is between a man and woman, ONLY. "And he answered and said, Have ye not read, that he who made them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh?" (Matthew 19:4-6).

There is not a single verse in the entire Bible that condones either homosexuality, or marriage between people of the same sex. This is something that is from the devil himself.

When the same Bible that condemns homosexuality as sinful and wrong, says "for God so loved the world" (John 3:16), and that "God is willing that none should perish" (2 Peter 3:9), that these words also include homosexuals. We are taught in the Word of God, to LOVE all sinners, even those who are our enemies. There is no place in the Christian world for hate of a person because they are even the worst of sinners, as ALL have the God-given opportunity to be saved from their sins, and have a new, free life in the Lord Jesus Christ!

et gloria Dei est

Upvote 0

fm107

May 12, 2009
London, UK
✟60,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I believe you are reading the scriptures wrong.
The Bible frowns on adultery,(stone to death)
but then makes concessions
for divorce and widows to remarry even after
stating it is adultery. This shows that
commitment to one other adult is the
issue by excusing adultery.

In the scriptures you might refer to, multiple partners
is the problem.

Adultery and remarriage is not the issue at hand.
I don't know why your trying to blend them as a means of justifying homosexuality. It's not a case of me reading the scriptures wrong, it you bending them to suit your own beliefs.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 clearly states homosexuality as immoral behaviour that leads to Hell. You can't sugar coat that even if you tried.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.