Florida
✟324,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'd like to see a forum for the discussion of Christianity with the rules of the general forums relaxed. It can be a registration only forum for adult Christians who want to debate between denominations or communities without fear of trampling on feelings.

No-holds barred theology. The Texas cage match of discussion.

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,834.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Which rules would you want to see relaxed?

Because we have forums where you can debate almost anything, but I'd not be keen on a forum with, say, the flaming rules relaxed.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
It'd be nice, but I don't think it will ever happen, because as the flaming rules we already have show, there is no way to uniformly moderate hurt feelings, and you cannot have a "Don't get offended" rule, since that's even less possible than having an impartial flaming rule. This quite simply isn't an adult website, in that way.

Because we have forums where you can debate almost anything, but I'd not be keen on a forum with, say, the flaming rules relaxed.

I don't see the point of having such a forum if they would not be. It is precisely the feelings vs. honesty equilibrium that is appealed to whenever you've upset your interlocutor and they feel they have some reason on that basis to justify sending the mods after you, and without going into any identifying details I've got a PM box full of interactions with mods (some of whom quite clearly did not understand the nature of the posts they had moderated, in the opinion of the subsequent moderator who dealt with that particular case) that show this quite clearly.

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,410.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
I'd like to see a forum for the discussion of Christianity with the rules of the general forums relaxed. It can be a registration only forum for adult Christians who want to debate between denominations or communities without fear of trampling on feelings.

No-holds barred theology. The Texas cage match of discussion.

Just what we need.

More Christians fighting with each other. :rolleyes:
OB

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

No threats of physical violence and no profanity. Play the rest by ear. Make a complaint form with a single box to check to unregister.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
OP: Do you want to relax rules on acceptable behavior or acceptable content?

Important distinction.

I'd be all for an area where we can call out denominations or theologies as false, but it really boils down to how you communicate it.

I could quickly see a forum like that deteriorating because a) opinions rarely change and b) because of point a, people only become more entrenched in their position and result to unacceptable behaviour.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Agreed. One person's "theology" is another person's "heresy".

And yet it comes down to faith. We choose to believe different things that all require faith. It might be interesting to explore why we believe differentl.

Upvote 0