Christian support for Jerusalem Third Temple seems to be growing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I personally was greatly encouraged by the fact that 77 percent of people on the Christian Heritage Party of Canada forum who responded to this poll said that Yes, I believe that Jewish freedom to offer sacrifices even in the Messianic era fits with scripture.

Should Christians support the right of Jews to rebuild their Third Temple?

Yes, I believe that Jewish freedom to offer sacrifices even in the Messianic era fits with scripture.
77% [ 7 ]

No, I believe this would cause a Middle Eastern war.
11% [ 1 ]

No, I believe that this will set the stage for the anti-Christ.
11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I personally had to wrestle back and forth a lot with this question but at this time in my life I feel strongly that we Christians should invest some of our time in studying this question and prayerfully consider supporting the ultimate expression of freedom of religion for the Jewish people, which is their right to take control of the Temple Mount and construct a place wherein they can offer sacrifices.

Mr. Boruch Fishman gave an amazing reply in a discussion thread on Facebook recounting an inter-faith miracle that he himself had been involved in. Mr. Fishman is Director of People For a Bill To Build The Bet HaMikdash.

Hi,

I wrote the letter about the Efforts to create architectural plans for the 3rd Temple, and a friend of Denis asked me to enter a comment here. Let me say, first off, that I am an Orthodox Jew, yet, at the same time, I was involved in an interfaith miracle in Baltimore, which is under investigation by the Archdiocese in Baltimore. The miracle and its sequel convinced me that the founder of Catholicism Yoshuah in Hebrew supports his fellow Jews, not to worship him, but to do commandments connected to Israel, including the rebuilding of the Temple.

In 1999, there was a terrible drought in Baltimore, and I went to the Rabbis to determine the proper prayer. After I said the prayer, I had the feeling that I had just talked on the phone to a deceased Roman Catholic named Alfredo DeLeonardo. Alfredo had been blessed by Pope John XXIII that he and his children would go to Heaven for 7 generations. Alfred's daughter converted to Orthodox Judaism, and as a result I had a chance to talk with Alfred, on the telephone, one time before he died. I had a personal experience on the day of Alfred's death, which convinced me that he had, indeed gone to Heaven. So when I made my prayer, and felt that I had just talked with Alfred, I believed that my prayer and Alfred were in Heaven. I went home and told my roommate to expect rain. He told me that it couldn't rain, because he was moving to New Jersey to study Jewish law, and wouldn't be finished until Friday. He believed that he was involved in a holy avocation, and his books and clothes, the appurtenances to his religious life, wouldn't be ruined by rain during the move. He was so insistent, and the atmosphere was so holy, that I believed G-d would listen to him. So I said, because of you, the State will have to wait until Friday for rain. And that's what happened. The first rain came on Friday, and then it was rain after rain after rain. As the rains continued, I contacted Monsignor Kenny of the Archdiocese court, and he listened to my story and then asked me to send him a copy. The connection with Jesus is obvious in that he passed along the key to Heaven to Peter, and it is obvious from this miracle that the key has been passed along to the modern Popes.

When I moved to Israel, I was invited to live in a hostel in the Old City of Jerusalem. I asked permission to build a booth in the hostel, as it was several days before our festival of the booths, when we pray for rain. The Arab manager told me the hostel, (which sits on property owned by King Abdullah), was religiously neutral and I couldn't build a booth. Besides, he said that he knew if I built a booth it would bring rain, and he, (a merchant on the outdoor market), didn't want rain. His words reminded me of the words of my roommate in Baltimore. I felt a parallel connection to the miracle in Baltimore, and believed that G-d would hold off the rains until this Arab did repentance and let me build a Succoth at that Hostel. That was 4 winters ago. Every winter since then, we have had less than the needed amounts of rain. And now, we have a serious drought in all parts of biblical Israel.

The connection with the Temple is that the prayers for rain during the holiday of Succoth, were commandments given to Jews related to the land of Israel, and they include bring sacrifice on the Temple Mount. We have a tradition in Israel that when the Temple is rebuilt that any nation brining a sacrifice on Succoth at the Temple will be blessed with rain the next year.

I would just like to add 2 other facts. We do not wish to "kick the Moslems off the Temple Mount." My organization calls for preservation of the AL Aksa Mosque, the third most important building to Moslems, which sits on the Southern part of the Temle Mount, and not near the location of the Jewish Temple.

Secondly, this very month is an extremely special time for Jews. Every 28 years, we have a blessing we say for the sun, (not to the sun). This year is only the third time in our entire history that the blessing is being said on the day before Passover. The other two times were during the first redemption of the Jews from Egypt and during the second redemption of the Jews from Babylon.
(Boruch Fishman)

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Depends on what you see as being the 3rd Temple - the one in the Book of Revelation or an interim one!

Excellent question!

I personally believe that the Temple elaborated on in the Book of Revelation is at least a fourth if not fifth Jerusalem Temple and is separate and distinct from the Jerusalem Temple described by the prophet Ezekiel!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Dr. Grant Jeffrey certainly made some interesting points regarding the possible location of the Ark of the Covenant.

In a September 1935, article in the National Geographic
magazine, L. Roberts recorded his interviews with various
priests in different parts of Ethiopia who consistently told
the same story. They recounted that the Queen of Sheba had
visited King Solomon and had had "a child", Menelik I. Solomon
educated the lad in Jerusalem until he was nineteen years old.
The boy then returned to Ethiopia with a large group of Jews,
taking with him the true Ark of the Covenant.....

The Ethiopian official national epic known as the Glory of
the Kings (Kebra-Nagasi) contains an amazing story which
offers an explanation of what happened to the Ark of the
Covenant. In addition, there are several Ethiopian murals
which tell how the Ark and the Tablets of the Law were taken
to Ethiopia for safekeeping by Prince Menelik I. ..... The Queen
of Sheba, his mother, had died and the prince prepared to leave
Jerusalem to return twenty-five hundred miles to his native country
to become its king.

Prince Menelik bore an uncanny resemblance in beauty and
regal bearing to his father. King Solomon wanted to give him
a replica of the Ark to take with him to Ethiopia because the long
distance would prevent him from ever again worshipping at the
temple in Jerusalem.

However Prince Menelik was concerned with the growing apostasy
of Israel and the fact that his father, Solomon was now allowing
idols to be placed in the Temple to please his pagan wives. King
Solomon gave the prince a going-away banquet and after the priests
were filled with wine, Menelik and his loyal associates switched arks
and left the replica in its place in the Holy of Holies.(Grant Jeffrey,
[page 115, Armageddon, Appointment with Destiny).

Upvote 0

Temptinfates

Mar 5, 2010
Cartersville, Georgia
✟15,738.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I know that I will see the third temple stand. It will be physical. I don't know the timing. I will be sooooo glad to see it. I often ask the question to my wif: Why should Jews not be allowed to worship (at Temple) in their city, in their country? It would be great to have support from other religions on this. I do question motives of some, though, as some believe that they are hurrying up the timetable. This to me is for the wrong reason. Nowhere in scripture does it give an account of how long this Temple will stand form the time to build until...
The question, I suppose is do you want this to happen just so that Jews will be able to worship as instructed at the place that wil;l be center to their religion or do you think this hurries things along in your understanding of when things have to happen. Have you considered that it is entirely possible that this structure stands at least 200 years? I have just heard too many people that say they are teachers teaching events as if it all has to happen in their lifetime. The truth is that it doesn't. It could, but doesn't have to.
I wonder though. I wonder if certain events such as the Temple being built might cause oil and gas to go up. I wonder how many might stick with the Jews when it might cost them something. I wonder if they will continue to support my Jewish brethren when and if Jews are blamed for something like a war or higher prices. I wonder if some of these folks will put their money where their mouth is when the rubber hits the road. ...when things get hard.....and the Jews are the blame again....
Temptinfates

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I know that I will see the third temple stand. It will be physical. I don't know the timing. I will be sooooo glad to see it. I often ask the question to my wif: Why should Jews not be allowed to worship (at Temple) in their city, in their country? It would be great to have support from other religions on this..........

I wonder though. I wonder if certain events such as the Temple being built might cause oil and gas to go up. I wonder how many might stick with the Jews when it might cost them something. I wonder if they will continue to support my Jewish brethren when and if Jews are blamed for something like a war or higher prices. I wonder if some of these folks will put their money where their mouth is when the rubber hits the road. ...when things get hard.....and the Jews are the blame again....
Temptinfates

Spectacular comments Temptinfates!

An author named Carl Cantrel wrote an amazing article on this subject that played a huge role in getting me around to the point where I care deeply about this issue.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Carl Cantrell reminds me of the statement made of Hananiah, Mishael, Azariah and Daniel that their advice was ten times better than the best advice given by the wise men of Babylon!!!!

Carl Cantrell, hauns.com/~DCQu4E5g/Temple.html

The Temple
One of the hottest topics on the planet is whether the Israeli's or Jews should be given control of the Temple Mount and be permitted to build the third Jewish Temple. I have realized that this discussion is a no brainer and will discuss this from the perspective of the Jews, Biblical Christians, Muslims, Liberal Christians, Atheists, Pagans, and the Occult, including satanists, witches, and those who generally practice Black Magic.

Orthodox Jews And Biblical Christians
It should be obvious that anyone who truly reads and believes the ancient Jewish scriptures often referred to as the Bible or any part of it should believe that the Jewish Temple must be rebuilt. This is because those ancient scriptures make it very clear that the Messiah will come to Jerusalem, take control of the Jewish Temple on the Temple Mount, and set up His kingdom. In order for their Messiah to come, the Jews must build the Temple on the Temple Mount with no other structures present.

Only those Jews and Christians who profess a belief in their religion and don't truly believe or even just doubt the coming of their Messiah should resist the building of the Jewish Temple for fear that they will be proved wrong. Therefore, for either Jews or professing Christians to resist the building of the Jewish Temple on the Temple Mount is them saying that they do not really believe what they profess to believe. It shows that their faith is either not real or is very weak.

Muslims
Most people from other religions don't realize that the Muslims have a prophesy from Muhammad stating that Jesus will come, not as a Son of God or diety, but as a man, to Jerusalem, seize control of the Jewish Temple on the Temple Mount, set up his kingdom, and give the order for all Muslims to kill off all non-Muslims. This is supposed to bring about ever lasting paradise for Islam. In other words, for the Islamic Messiah to come, the Jewish Temple must be built on the Temple Mount with no other structures.

Any and all Muslims who resist the building of the Jewish Temple on the Temple Mount are saying, with their actions, that they don't really believe the prophesy of Muhammad and are calling Muhammad a liar. According to the Koran, any one who claims to be a Muslim but does not believe Muhammad is a hypocrite, is to be put to death, and will burn in Hell.

So why do all the Muslims refuse to give the Temple Mount to Israel and permit Israel to build the Temple in exact opposition to Islamic prophesy? Do they not believe Muhammad and Islam? Do they not believe their Messiah will come? Do they not want their Messiah to come?

If I were a Muslim and truly believed Islam and Muhammad, I would personally take a bulldozer on the Temple Mount, level everything on it, give the Mount to the Jews, and say, "Build your Temple so my Messiah can come." To do anything else, in Islam, is to be a hypocrite.

Upvote 0

CrystalB

G-d still hears His children cry.
Feb 28, 2012
Texas
✟15,197.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I have always believed the Temple would be rebuilt, and I have always supported the freedom to rebuild it. No book of the Bible states how long the Temple will be there before a "covenant is confirmed with many". However, believing the Bible, I also know that the Man of Sin will set himself up as G-d in the Temple and will also end sacrifices and oblations. Knowing this, how can I fully support the 3rd Temple? It's not that I don't want our Messiah to return because I do. I just don't want anyone to have to go through the Great Tribulation. Yes, it is an internal conflict with me. But I honestly don't believe there is anything we can do to "hurry prophecy" along. G-d has His own timetable, and I don't think we really affect it. There have been several attempts to rebuild the Temple, even before Israel was re-established. They all failed. Before the Jewish people returned to Israel in significant numbers, there had been attempts in the past to get Jews to return. Those attempts failed. It wasn't time. I also do not believe the mosque on Temple Mount will be destroyed before the Temple is rebuilt. In Revelation, the court outside of the Temple is given to the Gentiles and is not measured as a part of the Temple. The mosque remaining would make sense with this.

Ultimately though, it doesn't matter what I think - especially with there being an internal conflict. What matters is what the Bible says. When the Jewish people in Israel are ready to build the Temple (they already have many things ready for it), I will be supportive. It is their right to build, and if Temple sacrifices and offerings were incompatible in the Messianic age, then it would have been mentioned in the Apostolic Scriptures. Rather, instead, even Paul talks about his keeping the Feasts and his going to the Temple. No matter what happens as a result of the Temple being built, I will stand up for what the Bible says, if it's during my lifetime.

Upvote 0

CrystalB

G-d still hears His children cry.
Feb 28, 2012
Texas
✟15,197.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Depends on what you see as being the 3rd Temple - the one in the Book of Revelation or an interim one!

There are 2 Temples mentioned in Revelation. The first is in chapter 11, and the second is described in chapter 21 with the new heaven and the new earth and Jerusalem and the Temple coming out of heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
I personally was greatly encouraged by the fact that 77 percent of people on the Christian Heritage Party of Canada forum who responded to this poll said that Yes, I believe that Jewish freedom to offer sacrifices even in the Messianic era fits with scripture.

What are your thoughts about these scriptures below?

Psalm 40:6
Sacrifice and offering you did not desire— but a body you have prepared for me — burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.

Psalm 51:16
You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.

Proverbs 21:3
To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

Isaiah 1:11
“The multitude of your sacrifices— what are they to me?” says the LORD. “I have more than enough of burnt offerings, of rams and the fat of fattened animals; I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.

Isaiah 1:14
Your New Moon feasts and your appointed festivals I hate with all my being. They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them.

Zephaniah 3:18
“I will remove from you all who mourn over the loss of your appointed festivals, which is a burden and reproach for you.

Lamentations 2:6
He has laid waste his dwelling like a garden; he has destroyed his place of meeting. The LORD has made Zion forget her appointed festivals and her Sabbaths; in his fierce anger he has spurned both king and priest.

Hosea 2:11
I will stop all her celebrations: her yearly festivals, her New Moons, her Sabbath days—all her appointed festivals.

Amos 5:21
“I hate, I despise your religious festivals; your assemblies are a stench to me.

• Useful
Reactions: miknik5
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I have always believed the Temple would be rebuilt, and I have always supported the freedom to rebuild it. No book of the Bible states how long the Temple will be there before a "covenant is confirmed with many". ......

Crystal...this is an exceptionally interesting point that I had never actually noticed before!!!!!!!!!

I had been assuming that the covenant would be confirmed at the beginning of the offering of sacrifices but I think that you are correct...that this is not necessarily the case at all!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Hosea 2:11
I will stop all her celebrations: her yearly festivals, her New Moons, her Sabbath days—all her appointed festivals.

Amos 5:21
“I hate, I despise your religious festivals; your assemblies are a stench to me.

An impressive list of scriptures GuarianShua!

These last ones in Hosea 2 and Amos 5 for example are probably referring to pagan festivals that the apostate kingdom of Israel had borrowed from foreign nations rather than any attempt at the observance of the laws given through Moshe.

The simple answer though is that God gave the Levitical laws through Moshe/Moses to lay the foundation for a beginning to a relationship with our Creator but it is extremely easy for us to look down upon all who have not yet been guided to perform the same rituals, in the same way, as we do. A sense of superiority over others is certainly NOT the purpose of any of the laws of either the Jewish or the Christian scriptures.

One of the most powerful writings that I have ever ran into that illustrates how easily we humans go off on an ego trip was given to Pastor Rick Joyner in a visionary dream back in 1995. Scroll down to the section entitled The Judgment Seat of Christ if you would like to get a better idea how we humans tend to twist even inspired laws around into something that they were never intended to be!

The Hordes of Hell are Marching

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Psalm 40:6
Sacrifice and offering you did not desire— but a body you have prepared for me — burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.

This Psalm is an exceptionally powerful one which hearkens back to an ancient tradition that the Messiah/Moshiach would eventually come to the earth in human form in order to pay for the sins of humanity.

THE FORGOTTEN BOOKS OF EDEN: The First Book of Adam and Eve
Chapter 14

The earliest prophesy of the coming of Christ ?.

1 Then Adam said to God: "O Lord, take You my soul, and let me not see this gloom any more; or remove me to some place where there is no darkness." 2 But God the Lord said to Adam, "Indeed I say to you, this darkness will pass from you, every day I have determined for you, until the fulfillment of My covenant; when I will save you and bring you back again into the garden, into the house of light you long for, in which there is no darkness*. I will bring you to it -- in the kingdom of heaven." 3 Again said God to Adam, "All this misery that you have been made to take on yourself because of your transgression, will not free you from the hand of Satan, and will not save you. 4 But I will. When I shall come down from heaven, and shall become flesh of your descendants, and take on Myself the infirmity from which you suffer, then the darkness that covered you in this cave shall cover Me in the grave, when I am in the flesh of your descendants. 5 And I, who am without years, shall be subject to the reckoning of years, of times, of months, and of days, and I shall be reckoned as one of the sons of men, in order to save you." 6 And God ceased to commune with Adam.

Chapter 15

Adam and Eve grieve over the suffering of God to save them from their sins.

1 Then Adam and Eve cried and sorrowed by reason of God's word to them, that they should not return to the garden until the fulfillment of the days decreed on them; but mostly because God had told them that He should suffer for their salvation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I always watchout for Gnostic writings.

I don't blame you at all, I have ran into some that were obviously problematic but this Book of Adam and Eve was exceptional and answered many of the questions that I had regarding that time period!

Several apocryphal books that I can recommend are:

The Book of Jasher
Book of Jasher

The Book of Enoch.

The Apocalypse of Moses.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
I don't blame you at all, I have ran into some that were obviously problematic but this Book of Adam and Eve was exceptional and answered many of the questions that I had regarding that time period!

Several apocryphal books that I can recommend are:

The Book of Jasher
Book of Jasher

The Book of Enoch.

The Apocalypse of Moses.

"THE FORGOTTEN BOOKS OF EDEN" did not exsist before the fifth century AD. In other words, the book is garbage. "THE BOOK OF ENOCH" although a inspired work, it also has some Gnostic corruptions in it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.