Christian RPG's

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
I haven't heard of any console-based RPGs that are Christian-based. Given that most console RPGs come from Japan, this isn't surprising.

There might be PC RPGs based on Christianity, but I haven't heard of any.

Out of curiosity, and slightly off topic, why do you consider existing RPGs out there to be "satanic"? Is it because of things like spell-casting, monster summoning, etc? Just curious...

(And don't worry, I'm not planning on attacking your viewpoint or anything, I'm just really curious as to why you feel this way.)

Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
✟13,683.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
RPG's satanic???

o_O

There are infact - no christian RPG's that I can think of - Pete is right - nearly every single RPG has come from Japan - including *doesn't like it though* final fantasy.

I would also like to see why you consider some to be satanic....

i am heavily into RPG's becuas ethy provide fun - and fun when it isn't harming anyone is good!

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Good posts Pete and S Walch (I never thought all 3 of us would agree on anything! LOL)

I don't see console RPGs as satanic. Some may hint at other religions than Christianity, but that's just owing to the writers and such being non-Christian. Some have symbols that may seem like those used in "religions," but I would bet you dinner out at Bongiovanni's that the writers don't know as much about those symbols as Christians (think they) do, and that the writers see it as mere mythology.

For the record, Final Fantasy is not Satanic. I've played every game in the series until FFX (no PS2) and the closest it ever gets is a few hints at Kabbala or Aum Shinrikyo in FFVII (which I personally didn't like, but it was because of the author's personal beliefs), and one EASILY avoidable sidequest (for the Doomtrain monster) in FFVIII (otherwise a great game, and I know 3 separate ways to win without doing that sidequest) But I digress. These are not "satanism," these are due to the religious syncretism of Japanese culture.

Upvote 0
If you guys are not getting into some of the fantastic treasures of the Word, you're really missing out! Role playing? Wow! Play like a prophet until you get it! Move mountains! Heal the sick!

I'm telling you, God needs some young people who are ready to take on the challenge of spreading the Gospel in these last few days left before Jesus Himself comes back in person. "Will he find faith on the Earth?" Leave the wishy washy namby pamby versions behind and get into the King James Version, that tells it like it is!

Daniel 11, talking about your generation, says "..they that do know their God, shall be strong, and do exploits.." That's from the book recorded by the lion-tamer and the fire-walkers! 1 Chronicles 20 (or 2 Chron?), was where the musicians took the (military) point, and the enemy all killed themselves! "Greater things than these shall ye do", said Jesus, and man, time is really, really, short!

Get to it! Change the world! God's recruiting 'em, and he needs lots more of 'em right now!

Upvote 0

ScottEmerson

I Like Traffic Lights
May 9, 2002
Ocala, FL
✟682.00
Faith
Christian
I don't have a problem with a lot of RPG's, especially ones on gaming consoles. To me, they are a lot like reading a book, but it is interactive. I'm partial to Final Fantasies, as the majority of them (except VII for some reason) were PG rated. In fact, FFX brought up several issues that Christians should face: The nature of faith, the nature of false religion, the consequence of fallen clergy, and all done in a respectful way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Today at 08:21 PM ScottEmerson said this in Post #8

I don't have a problem with a lot of RPG's, especially ones on gaming consoles. To me, they are a lot like reading a book, but it is interactive. I'm partial to Final Fantasies, as the majority of them (except VII for some reason) were PG rated.

Good post, and agreed.

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Today at 10:07 PM truthsayer said this in Post #7

If you guys are not getting into some of the fantastic treasures of the Word, you're really missing out! Role playing? Wow! Play like a prophet until you get it! Move mountains! Heal the sick!

I'm telling you, God needs some young people who are ready to take on the challenge of spreading the Gospel in these last few days left before Jesus Himself comes back in person. "Will he find faith on the Earth?" Leave the wishy washy namby pamby versions behind and get into the King James Version, that tells it like it is!

Daniel 11, talking about your generation, says "..they that do know their God, shall be strong, and do exploits.." That's from the book recorded by the lion-tamer and the fire-walkers! 1 Chronicles 20 (or 2 Chron?), was where the musicians took the (military) point, and the enemy all killed themselves! "Greater things than these shall ye do", said Jesus, and man, time is really, really, short!

Get to it! Change the world! God's recruiting 'em, and he needs lots more of 'em right now!

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
✟13,683.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Today at 04:07 AM truthsayer said this in Post #7

erm.....

What?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh, and here's something for any of you who think that all anime/RPG fans are just unspiritual slugs who don't care about reality or about what God wants with our lives:

On the site, linked to at the main page under "about": (http://www.flying-dreams.com/aa/ )

Become a Christian

To become a Christian a person must first realize that he or she is "lost" -- totally estranged from God. We are separated from God by a sinful nature. In the Bible, a chapter about the history of God's relationship with humankind titled Romans tells us this: Romans 3:23 - "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." A person alone cannot reconcile the lost relationship between himself or herself and God. Because God loves us so much, he sent his only Son, Jesus, to live the perfect life God demands and to die in order to pay the price for our sins. Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
In order to receive this gift, all that God asks is that a man or woman repent of his or her sins, turn from them and accept the sacrifice Christ made on the cross for those sins. Romans 10:9 - "That if you confess with your mouth "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." God promises in the Bible that anyone who accepts Christ as Savior shall be saved. Romans 10:13 - "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." God is waiting for you and he promises that when you are ready to open the 'door' of your heart to God, he will be there. God wants to come and 'eat with you' and be a real part of your life. Revelation 3:20 - "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me."

If you would like to become a Christian and feel the peace and joy of knowing God, all you have to do is pray and let God know that you beleive in him and the sacrifice that Jesus gave to us in the cross. Ask God to forgive you of your sins and for him to come into your heart and be your saviour and Lord.

If you have prayed this prayer and have become a christian as a result, please email me and let me know so that I can pray for you as you grow, you do not have to, but I would love to know if this has had any influence on anyone's life! God Bless!

Also, something the people at this site are planning:

http://www.flying-dreams.com/aa/booth.html

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Posting this after seeing who is looking at the thread:

If I work at it, I can probably find more things elsewhere, and some from RPG fans specifically. Just try to remember: differing cultures and interests from yours or from the average do not automatically make someone a *bad* Christian or a non-Christian.

Upvote 0