• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

christian relationship research

Apr 13, 2005
✟134.00
Faith
Protestant
hello all! i am relatively new to the christianforums but so far, i have been welcomed into your community with open arms. it is nice to see such a supportive environment! i am a relationships researcher and am interested in understanding relationships from a christian perspective. if you are interested in participating in this study please (it will also provide you with direct feedback on how your view your relationship), click on the link in the notice below:

Psychology researchers at the University of Rochester <>are looking for people in romantic relationships (from dating to marriage) to complete a short survey.

The Elements of Relationship Satisfaction Survey is:

--totally anonymous

--completed online (via a secured website)

--takes 15-20 minutes to complete

-- provides direct feedback on how your view your relationship

Simply go to: http://www.couples-research.com

thank you for supporting this very important field of research!

A

Anti Existance

I don't want to be discouraging or anything but, how is this survey supposed to improve the daily quality romance between two people in a relationship again?

STUDY PURPOSE - This page describes a research study that Dr. Ronald D. Rogge, principal investigator from the University of Rochester, is conducting in order to understand what matters most to people in their romantic relationships – what factors help make them happy or unhappy in those relationships.

I can basically already give a clear answer on that. Mind you that all the survey questions are fundamentally flawed.(bear with me as i try to explain) + If you looked carefully before you started this research you wil find that science cannot define/proof religion is right or wrong because its a matter of faith. The flaw resides in the fact that science cannot proof/disprove anything what lies beyond the grave.

The clear answer is that happyness in Christianity isn't defined in materialistical things.
How happyness is defined is explained with The ripple Effect which can also be calculated back towards relationships and your survey.

In which you have to Imagine a clear pond , now when someone puts a druplet of darkness in it (someone, yells or says i hate you or, other verbal abuse of any kind) the effect of this droplet falling will cause a ripple effect into what wil cause domino effect over the entire water. People will be afflicted and react off the anger on other people which cause the effect to be cast over the entire pond. Simular if someone says something nice, or does a good deed or act of love. It's effect will spread onto others and the ripple effect will cause the pond to light up and be filled with love. Other people in their turn will say something nice or do nice things towards others.

It is this effect that causes happyness/unhappyness all over the world, the effect of the things that we do upon others is far more far reaching then we would ever imagine, it can even effect the whole world or beyond what you say or do upon another.

The amount of love and light defines your happynes. The amount of darkness and hatred your unhappynes.

Therefore when for instance the son of the couple constantly yells at the male parent for neglecting him for being at work too long and thus not spending enough time with the adult role that the male should have played. Darkness and hatred is spreaded upon each individual who is afflicted by the sons rage.

Therefore you see that the conclusion of the survey is that Happyness is a spiritual and not a materialistic issue. It doesn't mean a thing wether you have a high position,a car,a house, a diploma. The only thing that matters is your loving interaction with other people, and that you lend a helping hand.

Also multiple relationship surveys have been given in the past. It might help you to know that , couples that complain to eachother, are more likely to be succesfull couples. As they exchange information and thus are able to attempt to solve the problem. Also the amount of children that the couples have it seems that, the more children the couple has the 'less' likely it is that a divorce will occur.

I can tell you that the Christian (true) focus lies on loyalty. That what God has brougth together must NOT be seperated by man. True Christian believers are very strict on this matter. Divorce rates are usually lower with people who daily read their bible towards the family in their homes.

And in all honestly it truelly has to do a lot with the individual, im really not sure how a momentum survey can display a honest and true value of a dynamic relationship or marriage that lasts for years. But i wish you good luck with your survey.

Upvote 0
A

Anti Existance

Anti Existance said:
I don't want to be discouraging or anything but, how is this survey supposed to improve the daily quality romance between two people in a relationship again?

I can basically already give a clear answer on that. Mind you that all the survey questions are fundamentally flawed.(bear with me as i try to explain) + If you looked carefully before you started this research you wil find that science cannot define/proof religion is right or wrong because its a matter of faith. The flaw resides in the fact that science cannot proof/disprove anything what lies beyond the grave.

The clear answer is that happyness in Christianity isn't defined in materialistical things.
How happyness is defined is explained with The ripple Effect which can also be calculated back towards relationships and your survey.

In which you have to Imagine a clear pond , now when someone puts a druplet of darkness in it (someone, yells or says i hate you or, other verbal abuse of any kind) the effect of this droplet falling will cause a ripple effect into what wil cause domino effect over the entire water. People will be afflicted and react off the anger on other people which cause the effect to be cast over the entire pond. Simular if someone says something nice, or does a good deed or act of love. It's effect will spread onto others and the ripple effect will cause the pond to light up and be filled with love. Other people in their turn will say something nice or do nice things towards others.

It is this effect that causes happyness/unhappyness all over the world, the effect of the things that we do upon others is far more far reaching then we would ever imagine, it can even effect the whole world or beyond what you say or do upon another.

The amount of love and light defines your happynes. The amount of darkness and hatred your unhappynes.

Therefore when for instance the son of the couple constantly yells at the male parent for neglecting him for being at work too long and thus not spending enough time with the adult role that the male should have played. Darkness and hatred is spreaded upon each individual who is afflicted by the sons rage.

Therefore you see that the conclusion of the survey is that Happyness is a spiritual and not a materialistic issue. It doesn't mean a thing wether you have a high position,a car,a house, a diploma. The only thing that matters is your loving interaction with other people, and that you lend a helping hand.

Also multiple relationship surveys have been given in the past. It might help you to know that , couples that complain to eachother, are more likely to be succesfull couples. As they exchange information and thus are able to attempt to solve the problem. Also the amount of children that the couples have it seems that, the more children the couple has the 'less' likely it is that a divorce will occur.

I can tell you that the Christian (true) focus lies on loyalty. That what God has brougth together must NOT be seperated by man. True Christian believers are very strict on this matter. Divorce rates are usually lower with people who daily read their bible towards the family in their homes.

And in all honestly it truelly has to do a lot with the individual, im really not sure how a momentum survey can display a honest and true value of a dynamic relationship or marriage that lasts for years. But i wish you good luck with your survey.

Which unfortunatly i could not fill in cuz im still single :sick:

Upvote 0