Miami,Florida
✟899.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wasn't surprised that it is a progressive "Christian" article with a twist.

As someone of Haitian descent, I am especially disappointed that David R Henson' s piece exploits the issue of racism/hate crimes in order to advance his own liberal agenda.

The real Christian persecution is not what he is making it out to be. Ironic that he subtly implies it is the others(this article was a piece pointing to conservatives) making a false claim of persecution. The real Christian persecution is truth becoming the new immorality. For instance, I posted a comment regarding homosexuality, and of course these "Christians" simply do not want to accept the truth.

All that these folks do is falsely portray Christians to be racists or "racism in the name of Christianity" yet these progressive/liberals claim to be Christians themselves or call you a "bigot" for telling the truth about homosexuality.
There is a very bizarre anti-Christian agenda within these progressive groups. And the the piece to me, was very anti-Christian and literally tried to demonize Christian people.

The type of: "How dare you bible thumping, misogynistic, right wing nuts, think Christians are persecuted! You are not because black people have been beaten down in your name and you think the LGBT citizens are icky!" approach. It is very manipulating and exploitative. And as a person of color, it truly bothers me that racism keeps being connected with the LGBT community's "civil rights".

Violence and hate is not a part of the body of Christ. Yet what he tried to do is grab some cases of hate crimes, exploit them, and use them to discredit real Christian persecution.

But of course, I do not expect progressive "Christians" to be honest about the real battle. The exploitation of Hate crimes/Racism, "LGBT bigotry", and the birth control battle, etc are issues that progressive Christianity is establishing as their own religion. It is almost like this is the center of their faith.

Everything is based on adapting/changing scripture with the cultural tide, an insincere overly done emphasis on "diversity", and relativism. Why don't these folks just come out of their agnostic or atheist closet( I mention this because there are progressive pieces you can read out there, that really claims so far out away from scripture, you have to ask if they are just posers)? Or why don't these folks just admit they have a huge "fanbase" among non Christians that they are so desperately conforming with?

I can't put in this bizarre progressive agenda into words as well as I should. But it is very strange and manipulating as well as exploitative.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LovelyGiselle

Jul 19, 2015
Miami,Florida
✟899.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So now we're "No True Scotsman "-ing Christian persecution? Only your preferred brand of Christianity can suffer it? Truly, the mind boggles.

There is no other brand of Christianity

There is only one truth. And that true body of Christ are those who do not seek to change scripture to conform with the world.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There is no other brand of Christianity

There is only one truth. And that true body of Christ are those who do not seek to change scripture to conform with the world.
No one's changing scripture. Different people interpret it differently. And have done so since Nicea.

Upvote 0

LovelyGiselle

Jul 19, 2015
Miami,Florida
✟899.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No one's changing scripture. Different people interpret it differently. And have done so since Nicea.

Be careful. I am already familiar with progressive/liberal "Christianity". Maybe you aren't. But if you actually study what many of these folks are passing off as truth and read their blogs and study their theology, you would see that it is dangerous. Be careful with the relativist approach. The whole "their truth is the truth as long as they believe it to be the truth"

Political correctness does not trump the word of God.These folks are exploiting the high-packed emotions of hate crimes and racism in order to manipulate people and promote their own agenda that has nothing to do with Christianity. Some of them are misled and gullible, whereas others are deliberately aware of what is being done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Be careful. I am already familiar with progressive/liberal "Christianity". Maybe you aren't. But if you actually study what many of these folks are passing off as truth and read their blogs and study their theology, you would see that it is dangerous. Be careful with the relativist approach. The whole "their truth is the truth as long as they believe it to be the truth"

Political correctness does not trump the word of God.These folks are exploiting the high-packed emotions of hate crimes and racism in order to manipulate people and promote their own agenda that has nothing to do with Christianity. Some of them are misled and gullible, whereas others are deliberately aware of what is being done.
I'm sure if it were your church that was vndalised, you'd be fine with is being called persecution.

Upvote 0

LovelyGiselle

Jul 19, 2015
Miami,Florida
✟899.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm sure if it were your church that was vandalized, you'd be fine with is being called persecution.

Do not fall for that.

Re-read my comment. This is being EXPLOITED to promote something else. This is manipulation.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Do not fall for that.

Re-read my comment. This is being EXPLOITED to promote something else. This is manipulation.
I'm sure if it were your church that was vandalized, you'd be fine with calling it persecution.

How would you describe this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LovelyGiselle

Jul 19, 2015
Miami,Florida
✟899.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm sure if it were your church that was vandalized, you'd be fine with calling it persecution.

How would you describe this?

First understand that I am not saying it is good to vandalize or attack anyone's church or any person. All I'm saying is that this is exploitation and manipulation. Pieces like David's article really has nothing to do with focusing on the hate crime itself.
I mentioned this specifically in the previous above comments.

There is a reason why social justice issues are placed in the center of progressive "Christianity". Heck, that is even part of the definition. As human beings we are very emotional and this is what lures us in.

Heated emotional issues like racism, "sexism" and "the evil patriarchy", hate crimes, and LGBT "civil rights" are used to lure people in to something far more bigger than that. Some of these folks are genuinely gullible or unaware of the actual agenda. And some of them pull the strings and are actually aware.

It starts with "diversity". Of course, how can anyone object to that right? All races and ethnicity are equal. This is a good thing. Then they push it to: Men and women are equal. Of course, how can anyone object to that right? This is a good thing.

But then the real game kicks in. They state: There is no difference between men and women. Then they push: "You know what, gender norms are not only "oppressive", but men and women should be able to have sex all they want to. Of course, people will say: "Well adults should be able to do that". But there in comes the rationalization of inappropriate contentography, promiscuity, and pre marital sex. Then they push:
"You know what, people should be able to have sex with whomever they want". Then comes the politics of sexuality all in one. LGBTQ or whatever other letters are now being added.

Look at the state of the transgender movement. Anyone who says common sense things like "A man can never be a woman" is called a "bigot", They even added a new hashtag, trendy, tumblr-social-justice-warrior word called : "Transphobic".

Notice this has NOTHING TO DO with the FOCUS on Jesus Christ. But then they kick in the Christian label and say: Jesus told us to love another and he spoke of peace" It is a distortion of what he really meant. They cherry pick whatever they want to promote because it makes them feel good

Of course, this started out without religion. It was "hijacked" into religion. Wolves in sheep's clothing USING EMOTION to appeal to what they really support. Again, some are not aware but others are.

They pushed more and said: "Hmm, these things are great but I do not think Abraham faiths are open-minded enough to support it. Well it was written by man so I guess It wouldn't hurt to change things up a bit?"

This is why it is called "progressive" Christianity, they want to see how far they can go. It is simply masked as "an emphasis on social injustice".

Again, some of them are genuinely UNAWARE of this agenda. But some are

Thus people think they are part of this cool and well intended rising group because of inequality and they seek to fight it. No.
Dig in deeper into it and you'll find teachings like for example:

• Christ isn't the only way
  • All religions lead to God
  • Morality is whatever we make it up to be/relative no truth/God does not come in the picture
  • Scripture should change with the times
  • Abortion is not killing anyone or "anything"
  • invitation of Atheist "pastors" and their sermons
  • Mask of "tolerance and diversity" (accepting almost everything/very little moral limits)
  • Christianity is a "misogynistic and racist" faith (yet going by the name of Christian)
  • The bible is full of errors, contradictions, and mistakes
  • The bible is not the word of God, it is the word of Man
  • The whole point of the Bible is to just know how to be a good person. Nothing special
  • No virgin birth
  • No Resurrection
  • Pre martial sex is not a sin
  • Homosexual sex is not a sin
  • Promotion of trangenderism even among young kids
  • inappropriate contentography is "fine"as long as a married coupled is watching it
  • etc.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
First understand that I am not saying it is good to vandalize or attack anyone's church or any person. All I'm saying is that this is exploitation and manipulation. Pieces like David's article really has nothing to do with focusing on the hate crime itself.
I mentioned this specifically in the previous above comments.

There is a reason why social justice issues are placed in the center of progressive "Christianity". Heck, that is even part of the definition. As human beings we are very emotional and this is what lures us in.

Heated emotional issues like racism, "sexism" and "the evil patriarchy", hate crimes, and LGBT "civil rights" are used to lure people in to something far more bigger than that. Some of these folks are genuinely gullible or unaware of the actual agenda. And some of them pull the strings and are actually aware.

It starts with "diversity". Of course, how can anyone object to that right? All races and ethnicity are equal. This is a good thing. Then they push it to: Men and women are equal. Of course, how can anyone object to that right? This is a good thing.

But then the real game kicks in. They state: There is no difference between men and women. Then they push: "You know what, gender norms are not only "oppressive", but men and women should be able to have sex all they want to. Of course, people will say: "Well adults should be able to do that". But there in comes the rationalization of inappropriate contentography, promiscuity, and pre marital sex. Then they push:
"You know what, people should be able to have sex with whomever they want". Then comes the politics of sexuality all in one. LGBTQ or whatever other letters are now being added.

Look at the state of the transgender movement. Anyone who says common sense things like "A man can never be a woman" is called a "bigot", They even added a new hashtag, trendy, tumblr-social-justice-warrior word called : "Transphobic".

Notice this has NOTHING TO DO with the FOCUS on Jesus Christ. But then they kick in the Christian label and say: Jesus told us to love another and he spoke of peace" It is a distortion of what he really meant. They cherry pick whatever they want to promote because it makes them feel good

Of course, this started out without religion. It was "hijacked" into religion. Wolves in sheep's clothing USING EMOTION to appeal to what they really support. Again, some are not aware but others are.

They pushed more and said: "Hmm, these things are great but I do not think Abraham faiths are open-minded enough to support it. Well it was written by man so I guess It wouldn't hurt to change things up a bit?"

This is why it is called "progressive" Christianity, they want to see how far they can go. It is simply masked as "an emphasis on social injustice".

Again, some of them are genuinely UNAWARE of this agenda. But some are

Thus people think they are part of this cool and well intended rising group because of inequality and they seek to fight it. No.
Dig in deeper into it and you'll find teachings like for example:

• Christ isn't the only way
  • All religions lead to God
  • Morality is whatever we make it up to be/relative no truth/God does not come in the picture
  • Scripture should change with the times
  • Abortion is not killing anyone or "anything"
  • invitation of Atheist "pastors" and their sermons
  • Mask of "tolerance and diversity" (accepting almost everything/very little moral limits)
  • Christianity is a "misogynistic and racist" faith (yet going by the name of Christian)
  • The bible is full of errors, contradictions, and mistakes
  • The bible is not the word of God, it is the word of Man
  • The whole point of the Bible is to just know how to be a good person. Nothing special
  • No virgin birth
  • No Resurrection
  • Pre martial sex is not a sin
  • Homosexual sex is not a sin
  • inappropriate contentography is "fine"as long as a married couples is watching it
  • etc.....
The irony is, that I have no doubt that if someone were making the same sort of claims and using the same sort of language about your version of Christian belief, you'd claim persecution.

Reactions: muichimotsu
Upvote 0

LovelyGiselle

Jul 19, 2015
Miami,Florida
✟899.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The irony is, that I have no doubt that if someone were making the same sort of claims and using the same sort of language about your version of Christian belief, you'd claim persecution.

Do not try to be politically correct. See things for what they are.

This has nothing to do what what you think it is. The irony is not found within me.

This is about the TRUTH. And there is only ONE TRUTH. This is not about "Someone's else version of Christian belief" because there is no other version.

Those who seek to conform with the world are against God. You are either are with God or not. And when you promote nonsense like transgenderism, homosexual sex "not being a sin" or other rationalizations being pulled out for sin period,then you are not following the path of God.

These cases are being exploited to manipulate human emotion to promote false doctrine

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Do not try to be politically correct. See things for what they are.

This has nothing to do what what you think it is. The irony is not found within me.

This is about the TRUTH. And there is only ONE TRUTH. This is not about "Someone's else version of Christian belief" because there is no other version.

Those who seek to conform with the world are against God. You are either are with God or not. And when you promote nonsense like transgenderism, homosexual sex "not being a sin" or other rationalizations being pulled out for sin period,then you are not following the path of God.

These cases are being exploited to manipulate human emotion to promote false doctrine
So, what YOU believe is the Truth, what anyone else believes is false doctrine. Got it.

Reactions: muichimotsu
Upvote 0

LovelyGiselle

Jul 19, 2015
Miami,Florida
✟899.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
True Christian persecution are those who are being labeled "Bigots"for simply speaking the truth about scripture.
So, what YOU believe is the Truth, what anyone else believes is false doctrine. Got it.

What I believe is not my opinion. It is a fact.

----->True Christians do not see to conform with the world<------

What do you not understand?

Progressive "Christianity" seeks to conform with the world.

When folks are promoting FALSE and DANGEROUS teachings, then they should expect to be called out

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
True Christian persecution are those who are being labled "Bigots"for simply speaking the turht about scripture. Why don;t radica liebrls liek David rwrite an

What I believe is not my opinion. It is a fact.

----->True Christians do not see to conform with the world<------

What do you not understand?

Progressive "Christianity" seeks to conform with the world.

When folks are promoting FALSE and DANGEROUS teachings, then they should expect to be called out
And if folks think yours are false and dangerous teachings?

Upvote 0

LovelyGiselle

Jul 19, 2015
Miami,Florida
✟899.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And if folks think yours are false and dangerous teachings?

You keep going back to the classic "relativist" approach---"The truth is their truth just because they think it is the truth, Whatever the truth is to you, then that is the truth. There is no absolute truth"

This is not about what I think or feel.

There is only one truth--You are either for God or against him

If you are a friend of this world, then you are a enemy of God. The issue I have with progressive "Christianity" stems from the word of God. They seek to conform with this world and try to pass their agenda as "Christian"

Many of them are promoting FALSE teachings--not according to me but God, and they are leading many people astray through manipulation and exploitation of social injustice.

I take this issue very seriously because this is a matter of life and death.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You keep going back to the classic "relativist" approach---"The truth is their truth just because they think it is the truth, Whatever the truth is to you, then that is the truth. There is no absolute truth"

This is not about what I think or feel.

There is only one truth--You are either for God or against him

If you are a friend of this world, then you are a enemy of God. The issue I have with progressive "Christianity" stems from the word of God. They seek to conform with this world and try to pass their agenda as "Christian"

Many of them are promoting FALSE teachings--not according to me but God, and they are leading many people astray through manipulation and exploitation of social injustice.

I take this issue very seriously because this is a matter of life and death.
I'm not going back to anything. I'm pointing out the blinding irony that if anyone else treated you the way you are treating others, you'd decry it as persecution.

Reactions: Greeble
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Upvote 0

AphroditeGoneAwry

Dec 2, 2012
Montana
Visit site
✟9,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Wasn't surprised that it is a progressive "Christian" article with a twist.

As someone of Haitian descent, I am especially disappointed that David R Henson' s piece exploits the issue of racism/hate crimes in order to advance his own liberal agenda.

The real Christian persecution is not what he is making it out to be. Ironic that he subtly implies it is the others(this article was a piece pointing to conservatives) making a false claim of persecution. The real Christian persecution is truth becoming the new immorality. For instance, I posted a comment regarding homosexuality, and of course these "Christians" simply do not want to accept the truth.

All that these folks do is falsely portray Christians to be racists or "racism in the name of Christianity" yet these progressive/liberals claim to be Christians themselves or call you a "bigot" for telling the truth about homosexuality.
There is a very bizarre anti-Christian agenda within these progressive groups. And the the piece to me, was very anti-Christian and literally tried to demonize Christian people.

The type of: "How dare you bible thumping, misogynistic, right wing nuts, think Christians are persecuted! You are not because black people have been beaten down in your name and you think the LGBT citizens are icky!" approach. It is very manipulating and exploitative. And as a person of color, it truly bothers me that racism keeps being connected with the LGBT community's "civil rights".

Violence and hate is not a part of the body of Christ. Yet what he tried to do is grab some cases of hate crimes, exploit them, and use them to discredit real Christian persecution.

But of course, I do not expect progressive "Christians" to be honest about the real battle. The exploitation of Hate crimes/Racism, "LGBT bigotry", and the birth control battle, etc are issues that progressive Christianity is establishing as their own religion. It is almost like this is the center of their faith.

Everything is based on adapting/changing scripture with the cultural tide, an insincere overly done emphasis on "diversity", and relativism. Why don't these folks just come out of their agnostic or atheist closet( I mention this because there are progressive pieces you can read out there, that really claims so far out away from scripture, you have to ask if they are just posers)? Or why don't these folks just admit they have a huge "fanbase" among non Christians that they are so desperately conforming with?

I can't put in this bizarre progressive agenda into words as well as I should. But it is very strange and manipulating as well as exploitative.

Here, here. Great post. :)

It's like what the culture has done with love itself: made biblical abominations and acts of perversion into barometers for love.

Our Culture completely turns biblical commands and truth topsy-turvy and then points to its defenders (true Christians) and calls them bigots and haters. But I suppose it has always been thus for God's people...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.