WesleyJohn

Contributor
Jun 24, 2003
✟8,404.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Persecution in Sudan is something that is very close to my heart. I have a friend (whom I met with this morning) who is a Sudanese Pastor. He fled The Sudan, into the Ethiopian Refugee camps. He was very instrumental there in forming some churches within (and outside) the refugee camps.

He, and many of his people have managed to make it to the United States. One of the cities that the US Immigration Service located the refugees was in Portland, ME...because it was a city, but not so large that they would get lost or couldn't get around.

A number of us, in an effort to help their friends and family members who are still in The Sudan, or in Ethiopia, have recorded a CD. Some of the music is in Nuer (their native tongue), some is English hymns with themes of God's grace and provision. Some of the music was written especially for the Sudan Project. A church underwrote 100% of the production costs, so all of the proceeds go to help Nazarene Compassionate Ministries work in the refugee camps.

You can read more about The Sudan Project at: www.oxfordhillschristian.org/sudan/

Peace,

WJ

(disclaimer: I hope this is not considered spam...even though the site is affiliated with me, it is not my site, and I thought it was relevant to the discussion at hand)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.