Christian Palestinianism? Biblical or not?

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Is this a more recent movement or view? It seems to be since Israel became a nation in 1948, but Palestine was a nation or land that existed long before. Their belief is that the land belongs to the Palestinians, and not the Jews. I keep reading and seeing on the news about the land of the Israelites, including the Jews (tribes of Judah and Benjamin (correct me if I am wrong here)) as being much larger than the current land that Israel occupies? In the view of Christian Palestinianism, Israel are the actual interlopers and occupiers instead of the view that the land belongs to the Jewish people. However, what does the Bible state about the two state solution? Also, what is the real goal of the enemy nations surrounding Israel, and also Russia and Iran? Is Christian Palestinianism biblical or is it the opposite of what the Bible teaches?

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is this a more recent movement or view? It seems to be since Israel became a nation in 1948, but Palestine was a nation or land that existed long before. Their belief is that the land belongs to the Palestinians, and not the Jews. I keep reading and seeing on the news about the land of the Israelites, including the Jews (tribes of Judah and Benjamin (correct me if I am wrong here)) as being much larger than the current land that Israel occupies? In the view of Christian Palestinianism, Israel are the actual interlopers and occupiers instead of the view that the land belongs to the Jewish people. However, what does the Bible state about the two state solution? Also, what is the real goal of the enemy nations surrounding Israel, and also Russia and Iran? Is Christian Palestinianism biblical or is it the opposite of what the Bible teaches?
Here you go:

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
However, what does the Bible state about the two state solution?

Nothing.

Palestinian Christians, like their Muslim countrymen, want national self-determination. That's all there is to it.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

The question you need to ask is WHEN did the Arabs begin calling themselves "Palestinians".

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,704.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Nothing.

Palestinian Christians, like their Muslim countrymen, want national self-determination. That's all there is to it.
There are only two types of people in God's view. Those who are in Christ and those who are not. The apostle Paul said that there is neither Jew nor Greek, male or female in Christ. There is no difference from a Jew, Palestinian, Arab, American, Briton, Australian, or New Zealander in God's eyes. Once a person is in Christ, he or she is a child of God and national identities take second place. If a person is outside of Christ, they are dead in their sinfulness so national identity is nothing in His eyes.

• Agree
Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The entire history of the land called Israel, it documented in the Old Testament, no other country in the entire World has a History like Israel does, the land was given to the Jews by God........Period.

Just owing to the fact it is called Israel, shows who owns it.

I don't care if the Palestinians lived there for 5,000 years, it does not belong to them, and it is not up to the UN to decide who owns it, it's in the Bible.

There will not be a Two Party Solution.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
There are only two types of people in God's view. Those who are in Christ and those who are not. The apostle Paul said that there is neither Jew nor Greek, male or female in Christ. There is no difference from a Jew, Palestinian, Arab, American, Briton, Australian, or New Zealander in God's eyes. Once a person is in Christ, he or she is a child of God and national identities take second place. If a person is outside of Christ, they are dead in their sinfulness so national identity is nothing in His eyes.

The problem is that nowhere in the Bible do we see anything that would confirm your interpretation of these verses, but rather we see the Bible talking about people who Jews, Greeks, slaves, free, men, and women. Paul was clearly not denying the obvious existence of these categories, but rather he was denying that they gave anyone a superior status when it came to being in Christ.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'll tell you what....You answer my questions and I'll tell you all about the problems of Palestine. Fair enough? Ok Here we go....

If you are so sure that “Palestine , the country, goes back through most of recorded history,” I expect you to be able to answer a few basic questions about that country of Palestine :

1) When was it founded and by whom?
2) What were its borders?
3) What was its capital?
4) What were its major cities?
5) What constituted the basis of its economy?
6) What was its form of government?
7) Can you name at least one Palestinian leader before Arafat?
8) Was Palestine ever recognized by a country whose existence, at that time or now, leaves no room for interpretation?
9) What was the language of the country of Palestine ?
10) What was the prevalent religion of the country of Palestine ?
11) What was the name of its currency? Choose any date in history and tell what was the approximate exchange rate of the Palestinian monetary unit against the US dollar, German mark, GB pound, Japanese yen, or Chinese yuan on that date.

And, finally, since there is no such country today, what caused its demise and when did it occur?

• Winner
Reactions: Soyeong
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If a person is outside of Christ, they are dead in their sinfulness so national identity is nothing in His eyes.
When Jews turned against God . . . though they were His chosen people . . . He turned them over to enemy Gentile people. They have claim if they obey God. And obeying God means through our Messiah Jesus Christ who is Lord of all. No promise of safety was given to them while they were not obeying God. Ones were even taken as slaves because of their disobedience.

So, though they had a national identity, what happened to the value of that if they disobeyed the LORD?

It appears to me that declaring Jesus to be Messiah and Ruler and their King is not what some number of Jews in Israel are doing, now.

the land was given to the Jews by God........Period.
Yes, and He warned them of what would happen if they disobeyed Him. So . . . nothing is sure, nothing can work, if they disobey.

However, we have Jews who have obeyed God, and they have started us Gentiles in salvation. But the obedient Jews did not make an obvious effort to change the secular political rulership or the geographic boundaries considered to be Israel, which we can see in the Book of Acts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums