Christian Nudists

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Nudity in public is very non sexual and I don't see it as a temptation to take another man's wife. Ya, we appreciate each other's bodies that God gave us but that is a far cry from wanting to take another man's wife, which is what Jesus is taking about in Mt.5:28, the topic is adultery and the 10 commandments not what your eyes see.

And if it was a temptation beyond your ability to handle, then clearly the nude beach is not for you.

Which makes it less crowded for the rest of us, so... win-win.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,067.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
And if it was a temptation beyond your ability to handle, then clearly the nude beach is not for you.

Which makes it less crowded for the rest of us, so... win-win.

It's not a sexual temptation for me.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It's not a sexual temptation for me.

Not being a Christian myself, I suppose I deal with temptation differently.

The nude beach doesn't tempt me any more than the regular beach does -- at the regular beach, I'm wondering what they look like under their swimsuits; at the nude beach, I know.

Not much difference, actually.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,067.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Not being a Christian myself, I suppose I deal with temptation differently.

The nude beach doesn't tempt me any more than the regular beach does -- at the regular beach, I'm wondering what they look like under their swimsuits; at the nude beach, I know.

Not much difference, actually.

Yes, in the end, clothes make a woman seem more sensual than complete nudity. So clothes actually end up being worse than nudity.
Then there is the fact that once you have seen a lot of woman nude in a public setting, a lot of the mystery is gone and so it doesn't have the temptation it did when the mystery was there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, in the end, closes make a woman seem more sensual than complete nudity. So clothes actually end up being worse than nudity.
Then there is the fact that once you have seen a lot of woman nude in a public setting, a lot of the mystery is gone and so it doesn't have the temptation it did when the mystery was there.

It's all about the lure of the forbidden... I remember a skit from the old Benny Hill show that took place on a beach. A group of pervy old men (led by Hill himself) kept trying to peek up the dress of a young woman arriving at the beach. After she went into a changing booth and changed into a skimpy bikini, they lost interest... it wasn't naughty anymore.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

Learning & Growing

Jan 13, 2022
USA
✟27,298.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The feeling of freedom comes from separating nudity from sex. Our society teaches that nudity is always sexual, except for bathing and medical procedures, but the fact is, nudity is not sexual unless people make it sexual. Going about your usual activities without clothes does not make the activities sexual.

Nudists enjoy the same group activities as everyone else: bowling, dancing, playing tennis or volleyball, or just sitting around and talking with friends. They also enjoy solitary activities.
Most of all, they enjoy the freedom to not wear clothes when possible.

And...being odd can be fun!
I can agree with you there Black Horse. If it's innocent and non-sexual, what's the big deal

Upvote 0

Learning & Growing

Jan 13, 2022
USA
✟27,298.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, in the end, clothes make a woman seem more sensual than complete nudity. So clothes actually end up being worse than nudity.
Wow this makes so much sense! It removes the temptation of inappropriate content too (for men)? I think for us ladies it's different anyway.

Upvote 0

Learning & Growing

Jan 13, 2022
USA
✟27,298.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It's all about the lure of the forbidden... I remember a skit from the old Benny Hill show that took place on a beach. A group of pervy old men (led by Hill himself) kept trying to peek up the dress of a young woman arriving at the beach. After she went into a changing booth and changed into a skimpy bikini, they lost interest... it wasn't naughty anymore.
Oh my gosh! I used to sneak to watch that show when I was a kid in the early 80s I think. That's hilarious. Such a forbidden show from what I remember. I TOTALLY forgot about until you mentioned it here. And by the way, an excellent point. Sensationalizing things only makes it worse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Learning & Growing

Jan 13, 2022
USA
✟27,298.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I guess you have never heard of hippies with hairy armpits and legs

I love this perspective because if I were out there, it would be just like that :p Believe me, no one would be lusting, more like thinking "ugh the hippies are back." ;) LOL That's kind of how I imagine Eve and Adam looked...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

James Weir

Nov 2, 2021
Riverina
✟19,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Apologies for the trite post. But I just wanted to see what a 6+ year thread with 90,000+ views was about. Yep, as most advertisers knows, nudity sells!
I believe sex and material things sell a lot more than nudity. I can not think of a major brand that sells nudity

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I believe sex and material things sell a lot more than nudity. I can not think of a major brand that sells nudity

Although it would do wonders for the sunblock industry...

rimshot.png

Upvote 0

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
This may be strange to most people, but I would almost always rather be completely nude, especially in nature. I'm 27 and I've been somewhat of a closet nudist for the last 10 years of my life. Theres nothing sexual about it for me, it just makes me feel happy and free. I'm never naked in front of anyone who is offended by it. It's usually just my wife and close friends who aren't bothered by nudity.

My question is, do you think there's something wrong with me? Is this sinful behavior, or do you find nothing wrong with it? Thanks.

Joel

Well considering before the fall of Adam, they walked around completely nude.
Considering the thousands of years various cultures, if not all at some point in time, walked around partially nude, if not full nude. And there are a handful of cultures that still do.
Nudity is a part of man and always has been.
Me personally, I couldn't be around my friends or family members other than spouse nude. That comes from generational teachings.
Uncivilized is what tribes were called who were nude and that wasn't that many years ago _ Generational teaching!
And many people after a work day one of the first things they do when they come home is get undressed _ they may put on something else a little bit more comfortable or they may walk around nude.

Upvote 0

Learning & Growing

Jan 13, 2022
USA
✟27,298.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Considering the thousands of years various cultures, if not all at some point in time, walked around partially nude, if not full nude. And there are a handful of cultures that still do.
Nudity is a part of man and always has been.
Me personally, I couldn't be around my friends or family members other than spouse nude. That comes from generational teachings.
Uncivilized is what tribes were called who were nude and that wasn't that many years ago _ Generational teaching!
And many people after a work day one of the first things they do when they come home is get undressed _ they may put on something else a little bit more comfortable or they may walk around nude.
I agree with you Sheila. Even God asked Adam and Eve, "Who showed you that you are naked?" Hahaha. And like you said it's "generations" that have told us that we're naked. I give props to all those who seek a deeper relationship with God in nature like in the days of Eden. Good for you guys and I think I'd be willing to maybe try it in the right circumstances, who knows. Blessings

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

...which was exactly as God made them and turned them loose in the garden. So if nudity were inherently wrong, that would mean that God dropped the ball big time.

Not being a Christian, I see the nudity as allegory -- they "had nothing to hide," literally and figuratively, until their act of disobedience. Only then did they attempt to... "cover up."

On a side note, I find Genesis 3:8-10 funny for some reason... They hid from God because of what they had done, but as soon as God calls out "where are you?" Adam answers, "I'm hiding over here..."

Clearly Adam hadn't grasped the entire point of "hiding."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alistair_Wonderland

Apr 14, 2018
New Philadelphia
✟28,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This may be strange to most people, but I would almost always rather be completely nude, especially in nature. I'm 27 and I've been somewhat of a closet nudist for the last 10 years of my life. Theres nothing sexual about it for me, it just makes me feel happy and free. I'm never naked in front of anyone who is offended by it. It's usually just my wife and close friends who aren't bothered by nudity.

My question is, do you think there's something wrong with me? Is this sinful behavior, or do you find nothing wrong with it? Thanks.

Joel

God never said anything about nudity in a non-sexual context being even remotely sinful. In fact, there were instances of prophets and such going nude as a symbol of humility, and David danced in the streets with little or nothing on when praising God, and his wife was smitten with barrenness for chastising him.

As for the folks who say "you cannot be naked without sexual thoughts"... congratulations, you just admitted where your mind is.
maxresdefault.jpg

Upvote 0

Alistair_Wonderland

Apr 14, 2018
New Philadelphia
✟28,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nudity is immodest outside bathing and other appropriate situations. Just you and your wife? Not a problem. But you shouldn't seek to be naked around strangers.

To treat the nude body as solely sexual is degrading to God's intent for it. In the presence of those who cannot respect you, you may do better to hide yourself, but if you just treat the nude body as a solely sexual thing... well, y'all just said a lot about where your mind is. Send in Cheems!
maxresdefault.jpg

Upvote 0

Alistair_Wonderland

Apr 14, 2018
New Philadelphia
✟28,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Frying bacon or similar things is not a good idea, but a person is actually safer from liquid burns while nude than while clothed. The clothes hold the hot liquid against the skin longer than would be the case if it just splattered and ran off.

I wouldn't want to push that point, though. Either way is bad.

When it's warm, I do just about everything nude unless it's too risky or the neighbors would see.

*thinks of hot oil splashing on my no-no spots* I think I'm gonna stick to an apron in these situations.:hhh:

Upvote 0

Forest_Garden

Dec 7, 2020
Houston
✟3,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
so yall like to hangout with a bunch of naked people, thats strange, I never thought to go to a nude beach, just thought it be weird. I remember some comedian making jokes about how not everyone you see at a nude beach is going to be uhm, flattering? But I mean this isn't too far of a stretch from showering at a fitness gym, I guess the discomfort from being around nude people would wear off but I'd still have to keep my shorts on. Thank you.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
so yall like to hangout with a bunch of naked people, thats strange, I never thought to go to a nude beach, just thought it be weird. I remember some comedian making jokes about how not everyone you see at a nude beach is going to be uhm, flattering?

It's funny because it's true -- such beaches are not inhabited by Playboy bunnies and fitness trainers.... they're visited by average people -- and sometimes, less than average people.

Funny story, the first time I went to one, it was a very body-positive experience... "If that guy is okay with being nude, what am I self-conscious about?"
Now it's my weekly trip in the summer.

But I mean this isn't too far of a stretch from showering at a fitness gym, I guess the discomfort from being around nude people would wear off but I'd still have to keep my shorts on. Thank you.

You're welcome. The preferred term is "clothing optional" for a reason. Some people keep their suits on, some ladies go topless but keep their bottoms, and others go full monty. It's all about what you feel comfortable with.

Upvote 0