Christian Nudists

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Ya, one has to take it slow to get those parts that don't see the light of day often ready for a lot of sun.

I tend to use SPF 50 sunblock, and I don't skimp on any body parts that are usually clothed.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I tend to use SPF 50 sunblock, and I don't skimp on any body parts that are usually clothed.

That's the secret. Lots of high-SPF sunblock, generously applied.

I once saw an albino at a nudist resort. She wasn't outside long, but was apparently OK.

Upvote 0

HermanNeutics13

May 8, 2013
✟32,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's the secret. Lots of high-SPF sunblock, generously applied.

I once saw an albino at a nudist resort. She wasn't outside long, but was apparently OK.
The secret I have found is to reapply every couple hours especially when you have been in the water and you will be fine. I have however seen a lot of older nudists with skin like leather from so much exposure to the sun.

Reactions: James Weir
Upvote 0

HermanNeutics13

May 8, 2013
✟32,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't think I want to see grandparents in the nude.
That seems rather shallow. Why do you not want to see them naked specifically? Are you hoping to see only people with model bodies? That would sound like you have the wrong intentions.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I don't think I want to see grandparents in the nude.

You don't think you'd get any enjoyment out of seeing them in the nude, you mean...

...but they're not doing it for your enjoyment, are they?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Being nude is fine imo if its out of sight of anyone other than God or your partner. Wanting to be naked around other people to feel free..is just odd.

What's wrong with being odd?

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Being nude is fine imo if its out of sight of anyone other than God or your partner. Wanting to be naked around other people to feel free..is just odd.

The feeling of freedom comes from separating nudity from sex. Our society teaches that nudity is always sexual, except for bathing and medical procedures, but the fact is, nudity is not sexual unless people make it sexual. Going about your usual activities without clothes does not make the activities sexual.

Nudists enjoy the same group activities as everyone else: bowling, dancing, playing tennis or volleyball, or just sitting around and talking with friends. They also enjoy solitary activities.
Most of all, they enjoy the freedom to not wear clothes when possible.

And...being odd can be fun!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi is it possible to put sunscreen on your back and all over your body by yourself properly?

It is for some people. When I was younger, I could reach every spot on my back and even shake hands with myself behind my back. Now I'm too old and stiff...

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You can do it if you have the flexibility. I used to do it all the time.

It's why I prefer spray as opposed to lotion... especially if I'm going to the beach by myself.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Justin3.14

Mar 14, 2021
Kansas City
✟9,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi is it possible to put sunscreen on your back and all over your body by yourself properly?

I'm not able to do my back on my own, arms don't reach that far. I usually have to ask a friend to help.

Upvote 0

James Weir

Nov 2, 2021
Riverina
✟19,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
When reading about being naked in revelations 3 and 16 I am inclined to believe John/God is talking about being unfruitful. For example a tree planted beside a river of God yet produces no leaves to provide shade for animals and no fruit and/or seed. I wonder if anyone else agrees with this

Upvote 0

James Weir

Nov 2, 2021
Riverina
✟19,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was stunned to see this headline. More stunned to see the first couple posts and then some... I guess I've never considered a Christian to choose what sinful behaviors he could keep... And to backpack this kind of shamelessness into their Christian walk.

Genesis 3:7

Then the eyes of both were opened, and they knew that they were naked. And they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loincloths.

John 21:7

That disciple whom Jesus loved therefore said to Peter, “It is the Lord!” When Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put on his outer garment, for he was stripped for work, and threw himself into the sea.

Isaiah 47:3

Your nakedness shall be uncovered, and your disgrace shall be seen. I will take vengeance, and I will spare no one.

Exodus 20:26

And you shall not go up by steps to my altar, that your nakedness be not exposed on it.’

Luke 8:27

When Jesus had stepped out on land, there met him a man from the city who had demons. For a long time he had worn no clothes, and he had not lived in a house but among the tombs.

Mark 5:15

And they came to Jesus and saw the demon-possessed man, the one who had had the legion, sitting there, clothed and in his right mind, and they were afraid.

Revelation 16:15

(“Behold, I am coming like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake, keeping his garments on, that he may not go about naked and be seen exposed!”)

Habakkuk 2:15

“Woe to him who makes his neighbors drink— you pour out your wrath and make them drunk, in order to gaze at their nakedness!

Revelation 3:18

I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see.

Revelation 3:17

For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked.

Genesis 9:22

And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father and told his two brothers outside.

Genesis 3:21
And the Lord God made for Adam and for his wife garments of skins and clothed them.

Genesis 3:10
And he said, “I heard the sound of you in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself.”

Leviticus 18:6-18

“None of you shall approach any one of his close relatives to uncover nakedness. I am the Lord. You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father, which is the nakedness of your mother; she is your mother, you shall not uncover her nakedness. You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father's wife; it is your father's nakedness. You shall not uncover the nakedness of your sister, your father's daughter or your mother's daughter, whether brought up in the family or in another home. You shall not uncover the nakedness of your son's daughter or of your daughter's daughter, for their nakedness is your own nakedness. ...

Genesis 9:22-23
And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father and told his two brothers outside. Then Shem and Japheth took a garment, laid it on both their shoulders, and walked backward and covered the nakedness of their father. Their faces were turned backward, and they did not see their father's nakedness.

If nakedness was sinful then what do you make of the parable of the Good Samaritan or David called the friend of God dancing naked in public. I discovered a verse where Paul talks about things that are so bad they should not be talked about. I have heard that in that reference of Noah it was a sexual sin rather than nakedness. If your child was reading the bible and read about a man having sex with a man how would you feel and how would you expect most Christian parents would feel? We know that not everything in the bible is supposed to be taken literally. Prophets agree that their is symbolism in the bible and Jesus spoke in parables. There are many translations of the bible and no body has the original biblical text but we do have the Holy Spirit who can teach us all things. I heard a preacher say that the reason Paul had such a quick turnaround or change when he heard from Jesus is because he was a scholar and knowledgeable of the Old Testament. The Holy Spirit provide us with the correct lense or perspective to reveal the truth of the bible (Jesus). Also experiencing God brings the word of God to life. The bible says God created man and woman naked in the garden of eden and all His creations were good. God created eve for Adam and Adam saw her nakedness and said this is none of my bones and flesh of my flesh ... Revelations is full of symbolism. Animals are naked and have probably always been that way. There are verses were it says no body is good except for God and that God’s thoughts and ways are higher than mans. In the health sector doctors and nurses see naked people all the time and they are doing God’s work of healing. I am happy to continue this discussion but I hope you understand why I and others are okay with nudity.

Upvote 0