Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do not get this--I know it feels good when I'm alone and it's hot--but that's it! Even if I looked like Sophia Loren at her very best--nope. :blush1:Soooo, did a word search--there are many, many verses these are just a few. It is not looked upon with kindness by God. In Leviticus, there are many, many verses. First thing Adam and Eve did, when they realized they were naked, was to cover up!---I don't know---I mean, there are certainly far worse things, and it is not one of the 10 commandments, but, come judgment day, and God asks me why I went contrary to these instructions----somehow, "It felt good" doesn't seem like an awfully good defense! If it had been OK with Him, He wouldn't have mentioned not doing it soooo many times, if at all. Plus, that's a part of that unique intimacy between husband and wife, and to be shared with no other. No getting around having to deal with a naked baby, there comes a time when they naturally do not want to be seen naked anymore--it's an invasion of their privacy. There is no one that I want to know that well, outside my husband.:flatt:

(Gen 3:7) And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

(Gen 9:22) And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.
(Gen 9:23) And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness.

(Exo 20:26) Neither shalt thou go up by steps unto mine altar, that thy nakedness be not discovered thereon.

(Exo 32:25) And when Moses saw that the people were naked; (for Aaron had made them naked unto their shame among their enemies:)

(Lev 18:6) None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the LORD.

(2Ch 28:14) So the armed men left the captives and the spoil before the princes and all the congregation.
(Isa 20:4) so shall the king of Assyria lead away the captives of Egypt, and the exiles of Ethiopia, young and old, naked and barefoot, and with buttocks uncovered, to the shame of Egypt.
(Isa 58:7) Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him, and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
(Hab 2:15) Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness!
(Rom 8:35) Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
(Rev 3:17) Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

(Rev 16:15) Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

(Rev 3:18) I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

My thought EXACTLY! Nudity and Christianity go together about as well as Christ and Satan. They don't.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To me it seems a little weird but in the right environment, I don't think it would be sinful.

I don't think I want to see grandparents in the nude.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If I looked like a bodybuilder, you might have a point.

But even when I was young and thin, I didn't look like a bodybuilder, and I'm not young and thin anymore.

So when I'm nude, I HAVE to be modest. No one with a body like mine would brag about it!

;) :p :D

I know what you mean, though; the modern usage of "modest", which is "covering skin with clothes"

Is it immodest for friends to be nude together?

Is it immodest for family members to be nude together?

Since these people aren't strangers, it sounds like this is OK :)

I think it would be immodest for some girl in a bikini to show up in a nudist camp.

Point being, if you can do it without lust for the fairer sex, .....

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think it would be immodest for some girl in a bikini to show up in a nudist camp.

I agree.

Sometimes ladies will arrive at a nude beach wearing a bikini, and they get quite a bit of attention.

But if they take it off later, they look pretty much like all the other ladies, so the attention vanishes.

Upvote 0

Justin3.14

Mar 14, 2021
Kansas City
✟9,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't think I want to see grandparents in the nude.

The point of nudism isn't to go and get eye candy. it is about (amongst many other things) body positivity and haven't a healthy body image, not sexualizing other people. If you are only going so that you can look at beautiful people, it is kinda shallow and objectifying the other person. Nudism is in contrast to that.

Upvote 0

Justin3.14

Mar 14, 2021
Kansas City
✟9,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Divorced
I agree.

Sometimes ladies will arrive at a nude beach wearing a bikini, and they get quite a bit of attention.

But if they take it off later, they look pretty much like all the other ladies, so the attention vanishes.

I agree, as a Christian who has lived in many countries and cultures, women frequently wear clothes that draw attention to themselves, or swimwear that draws attention. topless beaches in Europe, as well as nude swimming areas, tend to have much less problems that the clothed counter parts.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
My thought EXACTLY! Nudity and Christianity go together about as well as Christ and Satan. They don't.

Sounds like God's creation (the human form) is inherently sinful.

What does that tell us about God?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I agree.

The clothing optional beach I frequent in the summertime is just that: clothing optional.

Some people (particularly first timers) perfer to keep their suits on, some women will go topless but keep their bottoms*, and the rest (including myself) will go fully nude. There's nothing sinful of sexual about it; I, for one, simply hate tan lines.

Nobody seems to mind one way or the other... it's a very relaxed atmosphere.

*my friend explained to me that she once got sunburned on her... *ahem* derriere, and never wants that to happen again!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sounds like God's creation (the human form) is inherently sinful.

What does that tell us about God?

It tells us that those who consider God's creation to be inherently sinful are wrong.

(1) It would violate the law of non-contradiction, since God cannot sin, and therefore His creation cannot be sinful;

(2) It contradicts God's declaration in Genesis that His entire creation (including nudity) is "very good".

Those people like to say "Nudity may have been innocent in the beginning, but after the Fall it became sinful".
Nonsense! Every child born into the world arrives nude; if that were sinful, God could change it.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It tells us that those who consider God's creation to be inherently sinful are wrong.

(1) It would violate the law of non-contradiction, since God cannot sin, and therefore His creation cannot be sinful;

(2) It contradicts God's declaration in Genesis that His entire creation (including nudity) is "very good".

Those people like to say "Nudity may have been innocent in the beginning, but after the Fall it became sinful".
Nonsense! Every child born into the world arrives nude; if that were sinful, God could change it.

I've always found this an interesting quote on the topic, from the late Hugh M. Hefner, no less:

"It was disconcerting when we first discovered that many of those who consider nudity and obscenity nearly synonymous often drag God’s name into the act—this struck us, and strikes us still, as a particularly blatant bit of blasphemy. The logic that permits a person to call down God’s wrath on anyone for displaying a bit of God’s own handiwork does, we must admit, escape us. If the human body—far and away the most remarkable, the most complicated, the most perfect and the most beautiful creation on this earth—can become objectionable, obscene or abhorrent, when purposely posed and photographed to capture that remarkable perfection and beauty, then the world is a far more cockeyed place than we are willing to admit." -- Hef, 1962.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,346.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I've always found this an interesting quote on the topic, from the late Hugh M. Hefner, no less:

"It was disconcerting when we first discovered that many of those who consider nudity and obscenity nearly synonymous often drag God’s name into the act—this struck us, and strikes us still, as a particularly blatant bit of blasphemy. The logic that permits a person to call down God’s wrath on anyone for displaying a bit of God’s own handiwork does, we must admit, escape us. If the human body—far and away the most remarkable, the most complicated, the most perfect and the most beautiful creation on this earth—can become objectionable, obscene or abhorrent, when purposely posed and photographed to capture that remarkable perfection and beauty, then the world is a far more cockeyed place than we are willing to admit." -- Hef, 1962.

Mmm. I'm sure we could all appreciate the 'artistic value' of the pictures he used to publish. Heffner was always full of it.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟907,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ya, one has to take it slow to get those parts that don't see the light of day often ready for a lot of sun.
I'm to shy to "let it all hang out" which is a good think because my near translucent, Scandinavian skin will take on a shade of "lobster" in minutes.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Mmm. I'm sure we could all appreciate the 'artistic value' of the pictures he used to publish. Heffner was always full of it.

They were quite beautiful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I can't really comment. I only read the articles...

Well, take my word for it. ;)

Funny story: The Library of Congress, under their "National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped," paid for braille editions of many popular periodicals... yes, including Playboy.
That didn't sit too well with the GOP, and in 1985, the House of Representatives voted on a budget amendment to the Library of Congress intended to get rid of braille Playboy.

Leave it to the Reagan administration to take Playboy away from the only people who really do "only read the articles."

(The story has a happy ending; after a lawsuit by several First-Amendment and Disabled Rights groups, a federal judge in 1986 declared the budget amendment unConstitutional, calling it "a back door method of censorship," and braille Playboy was once again available...and remained available until Spring of 2020, when Playboy stopped printing altogether and went completely online.)

• Haha
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I'm to shy to "let it all hang out" which is a good think because my near translucent, Scandinavian skin will take on a shade of "lobster" in minutes.
Be careful! Our department secretary tried it one weekend and had to come to work in nothing but a mumu for several days the following week.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

A long time ago during the Korean war, our Episcopal Priest, Father George, and his wife Grace had a son who was serving in that conflict. The son was of sufficient rank to be of interest to a news organization and he sent word when he would be on television. Came the day they had the television on but Fr. George, seeing it would be a while, decided to take a shower. While he was doing that and unbeknownst to him, the ladies of St. Cecilia's Guild (including my mother, who told me about it) gathered in the living room with Grace to contemplate good works and drink tea, as was their custom. After a while it was time for their son to appear on the TV and Grace called out, “George, come quick! Teddy’s on the television!” Fr. George came running into the room stark naked, saw the gathered ladies, laughed, and said “Well, ladies, if you see anything God didn’t make, throw your hat at it.” and then stepped out and got a towel and all assembled watched the interview (and enjoyed telling the story afterwards)

Upvote 0