Parts Unknown
✟15,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't want to listen to secular music anymore, but would love to find Christian music that is similar to what I liked in the world.

Any suggestons? My tastes for bands were

Beach Boys

X

Chili Peppers

Kingston Trio

Any hard driving duets with great harmonies

Neil Young

basic punk, rock, and folk

rap and hip hop

Mariachi especially like Pedro Infante or Miguel Aceves Mejias

No ballads please lol.

Last edited:

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
I don't want to listen to secular music anymore, but would love to find Christian music that is similar to what I liked in the world.

Beach Boys

X

Chili Peppers

Kingston Trio

Neil Young

rap and hip hop

No ballads please lol.
If you like punk--check out Tooth and Nail Records (mostly their nineties stuff)
MXPX
Blenderhead
Crux

Rap:
Shai Linn
Lacre

Upvote 0

Kenyon Ledford

Mar 1, 2019
Parts Unknown
✟15,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thousand Foot Krutch
Skillet
Mike's Chair
Toby Mac (Jesus Freak is my favorite)
Francesca Batestelli
Big Daddy Weave

These are just some of the groups/artists I like. YMMV.
You might like these ones too.

I heard Jesus Freak and it blew me away!
I really liked The Deadlines, but I don't think it turns out they are-were Christian

Reactions: JohnDB
Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married

Beach Boys

X

Chili Peppers

Kingston Trio

Neil Young

rap and hip hop

No ballads please lol.
Dude, X is one of my all time favorite bands. I've probably seen them 20 times. Billy Zoom is my guitar hero.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenyon Ledford

Mar 1, 2019
Parts Unknown
✟15,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dude, X is one of my all time favorite bands. I've probably seen them 20 times. Billy Zoom is my guitar hero.

And Billy says he's a Christian and was when with X but not a very good one. Amazing to watch him kick people in the face when they stage rushed without missing a not on the guitar lol. The new one, AlphabetLand sounds a LOT like Wild Gift, but I don't trust myself listening to it. No need to tempt fate

Reactions: Caliban
Upvote 0

Kenyon Ledford

Mar 1, 2019
Parts Unknown
✟15,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if you like hard rock, with a little screaming, but two of my favorite bands are Disciple and Wolves at the Gate. Their lyrics are very scriptural.

lol would love to hear some scriptural rage!

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Beach Boys

X

Chili Peppers

Kingston Trio

Neil Young

rap and hip hop

Mariachi especially like Pedro Infante or Miguel Aceves Mejias

No ballads please lol.
Here's a song I heard a while back:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
av1611.org is not a reliable source for information, let alone analysis. What he has done and believes in doing is twist the facts he can get around to fit whatever narrative he wishes, regardless of what the whole truth is. He would say the same about Disciple and Wolves At The Gate if he were to take the time to because he condemns all Christian rock music for Biblically ignorant reasons.

Find a real source of information that confirms a denial of Christ. I'm sure the rock press would have eaten that up in the 20 years it has been since they hit the mainstream market.

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
av1611.org is not a reliable source for information, let alone analysis. What he has done and believes in doing is twist the facts he can get around to fit whatever narrative he wishes, regardless of what the whole truth is. He would say the same about Disciple and Wolves At The Gate if he were to take the time to because he condemns all Christian rock music for Biblically ignorant reasons.

Find a real source of information that confirms a denial of Christ. I'm sure the rock press would have eaten that up in the 20 years it has been since they hit the mainstream market.
It's possible. I don't really know. That isn't the only place I've read that about them.
Their use of satanic symbols certainly doesn't help them. There are a lot of "Christian" artists who use that. P.O.D, tobyMac, Michael W. Smith, and Amy Grant just to name a few

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's possible. I don't really know. That isn't the only place I've read that about them.
Their use of satanic symbols certainly doesn't help them. There are a lot of "Christian" artists who use that. P.O.D, tobyMac, Michael W. Smith, and Amy Grant just to name a few
They use a Trinity knot, which has been used to symbolize the Trinity, and which pagans have also used for their own purposes. Pagans and Satanists also use crosses, by the way.

Upvote 0