ewells36

Nov 11, 2013
Lansing, Michigan
✟15,608.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Plumb, Morella's Forest, Dakota Motor Co, Sometime Sunday, Stavesacre, Fold Zandura, Mortal, Klank, The Prayer Chain, Poor Old Lu - that is all I can think of at the moment as well. A lot of these bands are from the mid to late 90's to early 2000's

Also, check out Five Iron Frenzy's new one Engine Of A Million Plots - good stuff

Upvote 0

Ivyblue

Nov 24, 2013
✟7,683.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Wow, thanks! I have a lot to check out now!

I don't care what year the music came out as long as it's good. I love the Celtic progressive Christian band Iona, who released lots of awesome music in the 1990s.

Are there any good classic-style jazz singers, especially female?

Upvote 0

jbsimmons

Christian Author
Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
✟7,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great question! I'm a big Sufjan fan as well. I highly recommend High Street Hymns. Some of their music is akin to those you listed. Excellent quality.

I also suggest checking out Indelible Grace. Their song "From the Depths of Woe (Psalm 130)" has been one of my favorites lately. It's hard to find banjo that good in contemporary Christian music.

Hope to see more suggestions here!

J.B.

-----------------

jbsimmons.com

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

janxharris

Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Essex, UK
Visit site
✟36,397.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
My taste in music is secular and not top 40. I've been looking for cool, different Christian music--unique, creative, very talented musicians that don't imitate anyone else.

So far, I really like: Iona, Sufjan Stevens, Sara Groves, and The Welcome Wagon.

Any other suggestions?

Red Sonnet: Red Sonnet - YouTube

Upvote 0