May 8, 2006
Brisbane
Visit site
✟27,814.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I don't mind As I Lay Dying. I've seen Fearscape live a few times, they're always good...never disappointing :p

I mostly lean toward hard-rock, alternative type stuff, like Antiskeptic, Jael...and I didn't mind MxPx when I saw them live earlier this year.

Upvote 0

holyrokker

Contributor
Sep 4, 2004
California
Visit site
✟20,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What is "metal"? - What one person calls metal, another will call screamo, etc.

Anyway - I really like Disciple (except for their "self-titled" CD) and Spoken. Most of their songs also focus on worship.

Tourniquet is always great.

I prefer the older stuff - Barren Cross, Holy Soldier, Bloodgood, The Crucified

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2004
Cleveland!
Visit site
✟105,849.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Demon Hunter, Living Sacrifice, Believer, Deliverance, Bride, Tourniquet, Barren Cross, The Brave, New Jerusalem
18.gif

Reactions: holyrokker
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

swingnscream

more music - dance our troubles away
Jan 25, 2004
I roll with the foxes and hunt with the hounds
✟11,702.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
I haven't faithful listened to metal music since Norma Jean lost Josh. ... I know, long time ago. So I'm totally going to have to agree with "What is 'metal'?" cause we all know that genres get redefined like every 5 years and I can't always keep up with it.
Are we just talking hard-pounding music, or breakdowns or what are we talking here?

Upvote 0

TwilightSol

Feb 14, 2007
New Mexico, USA
✟7,754.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Disciple, Fireflight, Wavorly, that one band, that other one band, Flyleaf, and..... [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth]! they have an album called 'Alien Youth' ... I know who they are but i've forgotten their name, again!!!!!! yeah, I'm sure there's more but I don't remember their names. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

holyrokker

Contributor
Sep 4, 2004
California
Visit site
✟20,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What is "metal"? - What one person calls metal, another will call screamo, etc
>>>>

I want to cry. If you can't hear a difference between metal and screamo, then it's really bad.
My point has been proven.

Upvote 0

tigercub

unbelievably fluffy
Site Supporter
May 8, 2006
Brisbane
Visit site
✟27,814.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Disciple, Fireflight, Wavorly, that one band, that other one band, Flyleaf, and..... [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth]! they have an album called 'Alien Youth' ... I know who they are but i've forgotten their name, again!!!!!! yeah, I'm sure there's more but I don't remember their names. :)

Skillet.

They have a few albums that have been released since then...all worth a listen IMO.

Upvote 0

Hoharloth

Wisdom
Apr 4, 2007
In a pub
✟15,132.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
gah seriously ...
Skillet is not metal,
it's not because we're talking about distorted guitars we're talking about metal.

second, breakdowns are core, not metal (unless when talking about 'metal'core)

third, genres do not get redefined every 5 years, seventh angel, tourniquet, deliverance, vengeance rising, they all were thrash in the beginning of the 90s and their albums are STILL thrash metal.

Mortification (scrolls era), Obliteration, Discencumberance, Incubus, all were death metal in the beginning of the 90s and are far from something else.

Upvote 0