• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Christian Metal

Discussion in 'Christian Music' started by Christ's Disciple, May 27, 2008.

1. Christ's Disciple

Christ's Disciple Member

+3
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    Everyone needs some Christian metal/rock from time to time. This is by far my favorite in the Christian genre, along with worship music that is. So what are some of your guys' favorite Christian metal bands?:)

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. tigercub

tigercub unbelievably fluffy Supporter

+216
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    I don't mind As I Lay Dying. I've seen Fearscape live a few times, they're always good...never disappointing :p

I mostly lean toward hard-rock, alternative type stuff, like Antiskeptic, Jael...and I didn't mind MxPx when I saw them live earlier this year.

3. Christ's Disciple

Christ's Disciple Member

+3
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    As I Lay Dying is awesome. Anyone like Haste The Day? They are pretty similar.

4. tigercub

+216
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Actually for pretty much solid screamo - they're not bad.

Though, my favourite screamer is still Sean Daly from Antiskeptic :D

5. Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree Veteran

+71
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I bought Antestor - Return of the Black Death, which should be in the mail this week.

6. kmesp86

kmesp86 Guest

+0
    Disciple - Scars Remain

7. holyrokker

holyrokker Contributor

+1,601
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    What is "metal"? - What one person calls metal, another will call screamo, etc.

Anyway - I really like Disciple (except for their "self-titled" CD) and Spoken. Most of their songs also focus on worship.

Tourniquet is always great.

I prefer the older stuff - Barren Cross, Holy Soldier, Bloodgood, The Crucified

8. steverock

steverock Veteran

+41
    Christian
    The Showdown are great.

9. Leader of the Banned

Leader of the Banned Legend

+12,110
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Demon Hunter, Living Sacrifice, Believer, Deliverance, Bride, Tourniquet, Barren Cross, The Brave, New Jerusalem[​IMG]

10. Sonreign

Sonreign Jesus Reigns!

+1
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I'm a fan of the old stuff... Deliverance and Tourniquet both stand out as metal groups I really enjoyed back in the day.

Other retro hard rock/metal groups that I like include Bloodgood, Barren Cross, Whitecross and Rez.

11. holyrokker

holyrokker Contributor

+1,601
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I read recently that Barren Cross is working on some new material.

12. swingnscream

swingnscream more music - dance our troubles away

+176
    Christian Seeker
    I haven't faithful listened to metal music since Norma Jean lost Josh. ... I know, long time ago. So I'm totally going to have to agree with "What is 'metal'?" cause we all know that genres get redefined like every 5 years and I can't always keep up with it.
    Are we just talking hard-pounding music, or breakdowns or what are we talking here?

13. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+7,620
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    Living Sacrifice, Soul Embraced, Mortification.

14. TwilightSol

TwilightSol Member

+7
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Disciple, Fireflight, Wavorly, that one band, that other one band, Flyleaf, and..... [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth]! they have an album called 'Alien Youth' ... I know who they are but i've forgotten their name, again!!!!!! yeah, I'm sure there's more but I don't remember their names. :)

15. Hoharloth

Hoharloth Wisdom

+1
    Non-Denom
    Single
    What is "metal"? - What one person calls metal, another will call screamo, etc
    >>>>

I want to cry. If you can't hear a difference between metal and screamo, then it's really bad.

16. holyrokker

holyrokker Contributor

+1,601
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    My point has been proven.

17. tigercub

+216
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Skillet.

They have a few albums that have been released since then...all worth a listen IMO.

18. Hoharloth

Hoharloth Wisdom

+1
    Non-Denom
    Single
    gah seriously ...
    Skillet is not metal,
    it's not because we're talking about distorted guitars we're talking about metal.

second, breakdowns are core, not metal (unless when talking about 'metal'core)

third, genres do not get redefined every 5 years, seventh angel, tourniquet, deliverance, vengeance rising, they all were thrash in the beginning of the 90s and their albums are STILL thrash metal.

Mortification (scrolls era), Obliteration, Discencumberance, Incubus, all were death metal in the beginning of the 90s and are far from something else.

19. tigercub

+216
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Never said they were :thumbsup: Was just helping TwilightSol out with the band's name ;)

20. Hoharloth

Hoharloth Wisdom

+1
    Non-Denom
    Single
    ah yes, I misread :)