Christian men tempted by breastfeeding in public? (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
Upvote 0

Skaloop

May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
Close my eyes and leave where? No idea what youre talking about. :confused: Elaborate.

Close your eyes so you don't have to see the horror of breastfeeding, and leave the area where the breastfeeding is happening.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Close your eyes so you don't have to see the horror of breastfeeding, and leave the area where the breastfeeding is happening.

It's very rude and disrespectful for a woman to breastfeed in public with most of her breast exposed. Women (like that Australian college graduate) should cover up. I am NOT complaining about women breastfeeding in public, I'm complaining about women who do it in a non discreet way.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
It's very rude and disrespectful for a woman to breastfeed in public with most of her breast exposed. Women (like that Australian college graduate) should cover up. I am NOT complaining about women breastfeeding in public, I'm complaining about women who do it in a non discreet way.

No you're not. You have repeatedly said that you find breastfeeding to be gross.

And my point is that it is rude and disrespectful to ask a woman to not breastfeed in public.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No you're not. You have repeatedly said that you find breastfeeding to be gross.

And my point is that it is rude and disrespectful to ask a woman to not breastfeed in public.

But if the woman was breastfeeding in a non discreet way? Some people have said, "women who bf in public are exposing no more breast than a woman in a low cut dress", but that woman in Australia exposed most of her breast, which is very rude to do in public, and most people would view it as indecent.

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Some women who breastfeed (like this woman in Australia whos been all over the news) do it in an obviously indiscreet and immodest way way-exposing most of their breast. Why shouldnt women like that be told to cover up or leave? Photo of mom breastfeeding before graduation goes viral - AOL.com
Because what is considered "discreet", "obscene", or "gross" varies from person to person.

BTW, the fact that you are searching out stories with photos of breastfeeding women calls into question you claim that you think it is gross.

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
But if the woman was breastfeeding in a non discreet way?
Define "discreet" that does not include your opinion.

Some people have said, "women who bf in public are exposing no more breast than a woman in a low cut dress", but that woman in Australia exposed most of her breast, which is very rude to do in public, and most people would view it as indecent.
Support your claim that most people would view it as indecent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Because what is considered "discreet", "obscene", or "gross" varies from person to person.

BTW, the fact that you are searching out stories with photos of breastfeeding women calls into question you claim that you think it is gross.

How does it call into question my claim? I saw that story on Yahoo, and I searched it out to prove a point about how some women are non discreet.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Define "discreet" that does not include your opinion.

Support your claim that most people would view it as indecent.

When was the last time you saw a woman walking around in a low cut shirt that exposed almost all of her breast? Never. It is viewed as indecent and taboo. Many women wear revealing low cut shirts and dresses-but I've never seen a woman dress as trashy as that woman in Australia that was mentioned in the yahoo story.

Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm forever amazed that Americans consider breasts solely as sexual organs and not as the mammary glands that provide nourishment for the young.

How the sight of a curve of breast is sexually stimulating - when for millenia women didn't cover their breasts while working any more than the men did.

Get over it guys...close off the little brain and use the larger one - ya know the one with logic - and realize that women aren't going to wear burkahs for your comfort - nor are they going to dress for your comfort - nor are they going to let their babies squall from hunger for your comfort.

Breast feeding is the most natural thing for a mother to do - right along with giving birth - yet one is to be hidden and the other shared and rejoiced?

Get over your excuses for not controlling your own thoughts and minds by blaming women for your "temptation" and man up with the personal accountability of acknowledging the problem isn't the woman's problem

it's yours...and blaming how she is dressed or even not dressed is no more excuse than the male is an animal who has no control of his baser instincts...

You wonder why women have begun to look down on men - there's your clue - you use the excuse of not being human enough to control your instincts and blame the woman's attire or attitude instead of blaming your *OWN* lack of control.

Ladies - breast feed on!

breastfeeding.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm forever amazed that Americans consider breasts solely as sexual organs and not as the mammary glands that provide nourishment for the young.

How the sight of a curve of breast is sexually stimulating - when for millenia women didn't cover their breasts while working any more than the men did.

Get over it guys...close off the little brain and use the larger one - ya know the one with logic - and realize that women aren't going to wear burkahs for your comfort - nor are they going to dress for your comfort - nor are they going to let their babies squall from hunger for your comfort.

Breast feeding is the most natural thing for a mother to do - right along with giving birth - yet one is to be hidden and the other shared and rejoiced?

Get over your excuses for not controlling your own thoughts and minds by blaming women for your "temptation" and man up with the personal accountability of acknowledging the problem isn't the woman's problem

it's yours...and blaming how she is dressed or even not dressed is no more excuse than the male is an animal who has no control of his baser instincts...

You wonder why women have begun to look down on men - there's your clue - you use the excuse of not being human enough to control your instincts and blame the woman's attire or attitude instead of blaming your *OWN* lack of control.

Ladies - breast feed on!

breastfeeding.jpg

I have changed my views on this issue, and what annoys me is not women breastfeeding in public in and of itself, but women doing it in a non discreet way. By non discreet, I mean women who expose most of their breast when they breastfeed. I hate to be rude, but if they naturally cant do it in a modest way because of the way their bodies are, and the baby's head isnt covering most of it up, use a cover or go in a place where nobody can see it.

Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
I have changed my views on this issue, and what annoys me is not women breastfeeding in public in and of itself, but women doing it in a non discreet way. By non discreet, I mean women who expose most of their breast when they breastfeed. I hate to be rude, but if they naturally cant do it in a modest way because of the way their bodies are, and the baby's head isnt covering most of it up, use a cover or go in a place where nobody can see it.

So it's the act of breastfeeding you find offensive?
I suppose we should keep pregnant women at home as well - those rounded figures are offensive after all...
And what about special needs? leave them at home shut up as well?
Bottle or breast there's no difference - if you're that offended - then you should leave and not make an issue of it.

It's the 21st century - and it's high time that misogynists learneed the world isn't going to be the way they want it to be - it's a country of equal rights, liberties, and freedoms - that includes women...

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So it's the act of breastfeeding you find offensive?
I suppose we should keep pregnant women at home as well - those rounded figures are offensive after all...
And what about special needs? leave them at home shut up as well?
Bottle or breast there's no difference - if you're that offended - then you should leave and not make an issue of it.

It's the 21st century - and it's high time that misogynists learneed the world isn't going to be the way they want it to be - it's a country of equal rights, liberties, and freedoms - that includes women...

I am not offended by the act of breastfeeding in public itself. I am offended by women who expose their breasts when they breastfeed. If they cant naturally do it without exposing any more breast than the average low cut dress, then they should just use a cover-up.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.