Christian men tempted by breastfeeding in public? (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If it bothered someone so much, why did the person bothered keep looking? It's not as though someone breast feeding in a restaurant is hugely obvious. You'd have to make some effort of your own to see what she was doing, and then make an issue of it. Here's anidea, why not concentrate on your own meal, and the friends at the table if you have any with you, rather than what someone else is doing?

If some strange women came and sat down at your table and started breast feeding right in front of you, sure, you'd have a point. But is that the sort of thing we're talking about?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Breastfeeding mothers in restaurants are common where I live. I don't stare at them anymore than I stare at an adult eating.

Well, exactly. And while the far higher frequency of tattoos/piercing in the chest area is not directly related to breastfeeding, I think a lot of women today take a very matter of fact attitude.

Put simply, what are the mammary organs primarily for, if not to feed one's child?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hetta said:
The vast majority are not shaking their breasts around to entertain or amuse pedestrians, but simply doing what their breasts were designed, which is feeding their offspring.

When I nursed, I did the same thing.

Well, exactly. It's a practical function, not an entertainment show.

Upvote 0

taxreliever

taxreliever
Oct 16, 2011
Maine
Visit site
✟8,139.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If it bothered someone so much, why did the person bothered keep looking? It's not as though someone breast feeding in a restaurant is hugely obvious. You'd have to make some effort of your own to see what she was doing, and then make an issue of it. Here's anidea, why not concentrate on your own meal, and the friends at the table if you have any with you, rather than what someone else is doing?

If some strange women came and sat down at your table and started breast feeding right in front of you, sure, you'd have a point. But is that the sort of thing we're talking about?

A mother baring discreetly and using the small mammary organ for its primary purpose is rather different from an 'in your face' performance.

Ok, so here's what I've been trying to say for the last few days and I know it morphed a little into the sexual/nudity side of things, but with regards to the responses above, it's not the act of the breastfeeding itself for the umpteenth time....I think most of us are ok with the breastfeeding in public....and to try not and go to extremes, it's not about some woman coming to our table to breastfeed while we're eating...I might even be ok with that if there were no other chairs...I would get up and give the mother my chair and eat standing up and be fine with it....it's about discretion, before, during and after the feed......not the feeding itself.

How many times do I need to post my office story......a woman completely exposed one of her breasts by removing more than half of her shirt in a public professional office setting to feed her child....I've also seen public breastfeedings where 90% of the boob is exposed and the baby is covering only the nipple, then after the feeding the mom is literally hanging out while she takes a moment to set up the child and clean up.....

And for the record, I do take care of my thoughts and don't stare or have problems and all of that jazz.....but I think a little help from the mom would benefit a lot of men and no, I am not including myself in that sentence, with the exception of my wife not being happy that I was witness to another persons nudity (partially myself I suppose, I posted earlier that the only breasts I'd love to see or have seen are my wife's).

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ok, so here's what I've been trying to say for the last few days and I know it morphed a little into the sexual/nudity side of things, but with regards to the responses above, it's not the act of the breastfeeding itself for the umpteenth time....I think most of us are ok with the breastfeeding in public....and to try not and go to extremes, it's not about some woman coming to our table to breastfeed while we're eating...I might even be ok with that if there were no other chairs...I would get up and give the mother my chair and eat standing up and be fine with it....it's about discretion, before, during and after the feed......not the feeding itself.

How many times do I need to post my office story......a woman completely exposed one of her breasts by removing more than half of her shirt in a public professional office setting to feed her child....I've also seen public breastfeedings where 90% of the boob is exposed and the baby is covering only the nipple, then after the feeding the mom is literally hanging out while she takes a moment to set up the child and clean up.....

And for the record, I do take care of my thoughts and don't stare or have problems and all of that jazz.....but I think a little help from the mom would benefit a lot of men and no, I am not including myself in that sentence, with the exception of my wife not being happy that I was witness to another persons nudity (partially myself I suppose, I posted earlier that the only breasts I'd love to see or have seen are my wife's).

Why were you staring that whole time?

Upvote 0

taxreliever

taxreliever
Oct 16, 2011
Maine
Visit site
✟8,139.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why were you staring that whole time?

If you had read my previous posts you wouldn't be asking this question.

The answer is no.

I know this situation doesn't happen a lot and for the most part, women breastfeeding in America based on experiences in my own life are very discreet. But not all and that's my issue.

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you had read my previous posts you wouldn't be asking this question.

The answer is no.

I know this situation doesn't happen a lot and for the most part, women breastfeeding in America based on experiences in my own life are very discreet. But not all and that's my issue.

So your entire empathy is with the supposed emotional sensibilities needs of men, rather than with the need for a baby to be fed by her mother?

Upvote 0

taxreliever

taxreliever
Oct 16, 2011
Maine
Visit site
✟8,139.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So your entire empathy is with the supposed emotional sensibilities needs of men, rather than with the need for a baby to be fed by her mother?

For both.....I think both the mom and responsible man or woman can have some accountability here.....again already stated many many times.

Another subject I've been dealing with on this thread and doesn't have to be rehashed here, but children or teenagers that haven't been exposed to or haven't had good talks with their parents especially in America where keeping private parts private are more practiced than nudity, there could be some negative issues that arise from a child witnessing blatant nudity during the feeding process.

Upvote 0
S

sarxweh

About me: I'm a christian, i am a father of six children, and "the woman" breastfed all our kids.

1. Breastfeeding was designed to be done naked.

2. Breastfeeding is natural.

3. Sin brought an awareness of nakedness, and so (guilty) we covered ourselves with leaves. Then God showed up and made full top grain leather clothes for us. Clothes are part of the world now.

4. Nursing naked is a lot cooler for a guy than for girl. Do you know what a baby does to a second nipple hanging out? That's just dangerous.

5. I love what's left of my wife's breasts after six children.

6. Breast feeding is natural up to a certain age.

7. Breasts are beautiful in general.

8. Breasts are not just for feeding babies

9. Breasts belong to the husband of the wife who has them. Period.

10. The baby should never share its mothers breast. Especially with some creepy guys or lesbians standing around.

Conclusion: Mothers should protect their nakedness. It was covered by God which means breasts are pretty and special and not to be seen by just anyone.

Thanks Adam and eve. Thanks a lot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Another subject I've been dealing with on this thread and doesn't have to be rehashed here, but children or teenagers that haven't been exposed to or haven't had good talks with their parents especially in America where keeping private parts private are more practiced than nudity, there could be some negative issues that arise from a child witnessing blatant nudity during the feeding process.

I'm just going to note that the mother who is breastfeeding her child doesn't have any responsibility for those children lacking exposure/education nor should she be the one who has to worry about it, because she has no control over what other people's children are aware of.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
For both.....I think both the mom and responsible man or woman can have some accountability here.....again already stated many many times.

So this is the nursing mother's fault somehow, because...?

If a parent has neglected to teach their kids about nudity by the time they are teenagers, that's their parents' fault - NOT the nursing mother's. Place the responsibility and blame where it belongs.

Upvote 0

taxreliever

taxreliever
Oct 16, 2011
Maine
Visit site
✟8,139.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm just going to note that the mother who is breastfeeding her child doesn't have any responsibility for those children lacking exposure/education nor should she be the one who has to worry about it, because she has no control over what other people's children are aware of.

I think she does.....I think we all have some sort of responsibility to our fellow men in some regard....I believe there are Christian principles regarding this.....I've said it here a hundred times (maybe a dozen or so), it's not the mom's responsibility entirely....we are simply asking for a little help while also doing our part as men to respect the situation and deal with our own issues.

Second, the child that had bad parents......he/she can still suffer if you're thinking the mom has zero responsibility for anyone else but herself.

So this is the nursing mother's fault somehow, because...?

If a parent has neglected to teach their kids about nudity by the time they are teenagers, that's their parents' fault - NOT the nursing mother's. Place the responsibility and blame where it belongs.

See the post above as well as all the other hundreds of posts that have already addressed this issue.....it is very frustrating for someone to come in at post number 1009 or whatever and start a conversation that has been addressed many, many times.....it's very hard to stay on top of long threads, but I have been trying hard to on this one anyways.

You two above are the 6th and 7th person to ask me if it's the mother's fault.....ugh. Kindly take the time to read the entire discussion please. Thanks.

I got it and agree with it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.