London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm wondering if anyone is interested in meeting online to discsuss Christian literature? I'm hoping to read a really broad range of authors.

I'm pretty open to whatever works for eveyone concerned. For me, the important thing is that it all be spiritually nourishing and intellectually stimulating

We could read a book over the course of a month, comparing notes, and then have a long-form discussion at the end of the month.

. I'm not sure what the format should be - again, whatever works!

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Read these.

"The Screwtape Letters". .... CS Lewis

"Foxe's Book of Martyr's"......John Foxe

"Experiencing the Depth's of Jesus Christ". ..... Jeanne Guyon

I've heard of Guyon. I'll look into her work thanks! I haven't read either of the Screwtape books by Lewis. I'm reading through some of his other fiction. He really is an imaginative powerhouse.
I need to read the Foxe also. I've heard that recommended by so many, but am yet to read it.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sidon
Upvote 0

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Maybe. I was thinking of getting american pilgrim by Roosh V, or the Jesse Lee Peterson book, from rage to responsibility. Other than that, I am only awere of Eric Metaxas and Debbie from the former channel truthofication chronicles. Who unfortunately departed earlier this year.

Upvote 0

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe. I was thinking of getting american pilgrim by Roosh V, or the Jesse Lee Peterson book, from rage to responsibility. Other than that, I am only awere of Eric Metaxas and Debbie from the former channel truthofication chronicles. Who unfortunately departed earlier this year.

Hi! Thanks. I'm having some really cool musical discussions with another user. We're listening to an album a week and sharing thoughts and feelings. Would you be interested in that?

Upvote 0

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi! Thanks. I'm having some really cool musical discussions with another user. We're listening to an album a week and sharing thoughts and feelings. Would you be interested in that?
I'm game. I need to interact a bit socially on entertainment, since I am fed up of discussing bad news. Just gotten back into music, so that sounds fun, if we share the taste of course. Did any of the books peak your interest? Or wrong type of authors for you?

• Friendly
Reactions: Eftsoon
Upvote 0

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I haven't heard of either of these two books. I'm definitely going to take a look though. Thanks!

Upvote 0

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I haven't heard of either of these two books. I'm definitely going to take a look though. Thanks!
Nothing happening elsewhere, so I give you a synopsis for them, as the authors say. Roosh v is a former pickup artist who found that lifestyle unfulfilling, and empty, that lead him to search for meaning. He found it in God. Became very christian, I used to follow his vlogs in the past, he was funny. After I became christian, I saw him being interviewed again as a christian, so he kind of gave me some clues I was unawere of regarding the bible. The apostles had their own apostles, which was news to me, and mindblowing. So I read some of his articles about it, and the scripture from the apostles that carried the torch of Jesus after his death, and it shaped my faith somewhat. Still do not know me denomination and cannot define it, but he did point me in the right direction. Then he suspended me from his messageboard for spellingerrors, which was a bit disappointing. 14 spelling errors, and you are out for good. So, not the place for foreigners or dysletics. Anyways, apparently it is about going around america and speaking to other christians, and a journey in faith. Interesting to me. It is what we do now, right?

Jesse Lee Peterson wrote a book about going from being angry, to being responsible, after finding peace and going conservative. I have heard a portion of the book on audio, and it is just very well written, about his feelings about what was lacking, and what he struggled with. The little I heard was about seeking his father and meeting him, and forgiving his mother, and selfconciousness. And he had some issues, that might trouble him, but it never did as he said, which surprised me, and then he read something about thinking his head was to big for his body, and he was insecure about that. And it was just very well written and interesting that it was a big deal. Never noticed it before he said it. So that was a bit interesting regarding peoples hangups about themselves, that others do not recognize till you tell them even.

The first book will not be in audio, which is a bummer, I struggle with books. But they are not in bookstores here, so the first one I will have to order and get shipped over first if you like it, will take like 2 weeks to get it.

Upvote 0

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nothing happening elsewhere, so I give you a synopsis for them, as the authors say. Roosh v is a former pickup artist who found that lifestyle unfulfilling, and empty, that lead him to search for meaning. He found it in God. Became very christian, I used to follow his vlogs in the past, he was funny. After I became christian, I saw him being interviewed again as a christian, so he kind of gave me some clues I was unawere of regarding the bible. The apostles had their own apostles, which was news to me, and mindblowing. So I read some of his articles about it, and the scripture from the apostles that carried the torch of Jesus after his death, and it shaped my faith somewhat. Still do not know me denomination and cannot define it, but he did point me in the right direction. Then he suspended me from his messageboard for spellingerrors, which was a bit disappointing. 14 spelling errors, and you are out for good. So, not the place for foreigners or dysletics. Anyways, apparently it is about going around america and speaking to other christians, and a journey in faith. Interesting to me. It is what we do now, right?

Jesse Lee Peterson wrote a book about going from being angry, to being responsible, after finding peace and going conservative. I have heard a portion of the book on audio, and it is just very well written, about his feelings about what was lacking, and what he struggled with. The little I heard was about seeking his father and meeting him, and forgiving his mother, and selfconciousness. And he had some issues, that might trouble him, but it never did as he said, which surprised me, and then he read something about thinking his head was to big for his body, and he was insecure about that. And it was just very well written and interesting that it was a big deal. Never noticed it before he said it. So that was a bit interesting regarding peoples hangups about themselves, that others do not recognize till you tell them even.

The first book will not be in audio, which is a bummer, I struggle with books. But they are not in bookstores here, so the first one I will have to order and get shipped over first if you like it, will take like 2 weeks to get it.

Thanks or the review. Can't believe he expelled you for spelling. Probably not a community worth joining if the doors are manned by bouncers with dictionaries.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: mindfulzen
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

oliverab

Sep 6, 2021
belfast
✟16,125.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm wondering if anyone is interested in meeting online to discsuss Christian literature? I'm hoping to read a really broad range of authors.

I'm pretty open to whatever works for eveyone concerned. For me, the important thing is that it all be spiritually nourishing and intellectually stimulating

We could read a book over the course of a month, comparing notes, and then have a long-form discussion at the end of the month.

. I'm not sure what the format should be - again, whatever works!
I'm interested if it's still happening

• Friendly
Reactions: Eftsoon
Upvote 0