christian jamband needs musicians

theoneway

Jun 27, 2004
✟127.00
Faith
Working music ministry needs talented, Spirit-filled players of drums/percussion, bass, and possibly others. Influences include: The Grateful Dead, Phish, Allman Brothers, Zappa, 77s, Waterdeep, Phil Keaggy, 2nd Chapter of Acts, reggae, jazz, folk, funk, world music, classical, etc. Need people who are committed to playing, are able to improvise, and put God and His Word first.

If you're interested, PM me and/or post here. Thanks!

GirlDrummer

Drums and Music LOVER!
May 31, 2004
Brandon, Mississippi
✟150.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hey,
I'm a drummer and might be interested in what you're talking about. I have been playing for going on 12 years now. I play for my church and have gone through workshops dealing in music/drums. Jacob Lowery (from Austin Awakening) came this past weekend in a workshop/conference that my church was putting on. I live in Jackson/Brandon Mississippi and attend Church of the Highlands in Ridgeland. www.cothms.org if anyone would like to check the website out. You can contact me at MusicLoverAPS@aol.com I would like to have some more details. Well, talk to you later...look forward in hearing from you.
-God Bless-

Ashley aka **GirlDrummer**

Upvote 0

theoneway

Jun 27, 2004
✟127.00
Faith
No, I meant Deer Creek, the music venue in central Indiana. I'm not looking for another guitarist anyway.

Thanks for your interest, though - I'd like to stay in touch with anyone who is interested in this project, so PM me if you want.

Ashley, I think your age and distance from me might be an issue (I'm 31 and in Indiana; my ex-girlfriend lives in MS, though). It's awesome that you are so obviously committed to your gifts and that you have been playing for so long. I also have to say that female drummers are cool. :)

Upvote 0

stonetoflesh

reformed librarie-keeper
Apr 20, 2004
Round Rock, TX
✟11,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I were living in Indiana I'd be leaping at the opportunity to play drums, vibes, percussion, synth weirdness, whatever ... alas, I'm not! :sigh:

I'm not familiar with 2nd Chapter of Acts... What's the deal with them?

Upvote 0

theoneway

Jun 27, 2004
✟127.00
Faith
Where do you live, spacedout?

2nd Chapter of Acts were one of the first contemporary Christian bands. Phil Keaggy played on a bunch of their mid-'70s stuff (as did Jay Graydon, Michael Been, who later formed The Call, etc. Michael Omartian did all the arrangements and played synthesizer on many of their studio recordings.). They did a big tour of the West Coast in '77 and made a live album (How The West Was One) of both their's and Keaggy's material. Highly recommended. The band eventually went the adult contemporary route, although even the stuff they have done since then is better than most of the music in that genre. 2ndchapterofacts dot com has all the info.

Upvote 0

stonetoflesh

reformed librarie-keeper
Apr 20, 2004
Round Rock, TX
✟11,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
theoneway said:
Where do you live, spacedout?

2nd Chapter of Acts were one of the first contemporary Christian bands. Phil Keaggy played on a bunch of their mid-'70s stuff (as did Jay Graydon, Michael Been, who later formed The Call, etc. Michael Omartian did all the arrangements and played synthesizer on many of their studio recordings.). They did a big tour of the West Coast in '77 and made a live album (How The West Was One) of both their's and Keaggy's material. Highly recommended. The band eventually went the adult contemporary route, although even the stuff they have done since then is better than most of the music in that genre. 2ndchapterofacts dot com has all the info.
I live in California-- Modesto, to be more specific. I'm actually trying to do something here similar to what you're trying to do where you are, without much luck so far. :sigh: One of the biggest influences for what I'd like to do is Paper Bag (http://www.paperbagtheory.com/paperbag/index.htm). They're not Christian, but they have a very unique style of improvised music... Most of their material is difficult to find nowadays (unfortunately) but their website has a lot of really interesting information, especially in the "Theory and Practice" section.

I think I'll have to check 2nd Chapter of Acts out; I'll look for that live album and anything else I can dig up.

Best of luck to you in your project, keep me posted on how things are going! :cool:

Upvote 0

theoneway

Jun 27, 2004
✟127.00
Faith
I remember Paper Bag from when they were on SST. I don't know that I've ever actually heard their music, though. I used to be way into Elliott Sharp, Sonic Youth, Negativland...all of whom released music on SST.

Yeah, let me know how your project goes as well. Obviously if I was having success finding people locally I wouldn't be networking nationally...:cry:

Maybe we will have the opportunity to jam someday...I hope so. Send me a PM.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums