Visit site
✟485,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Discipleship is about perfecting our walk with Jesus. The primary goal for all believers should be to become a true servant to others as Jesus demonstrated with his life. Of course, we have an enemy who is actively trying to stifle that evolution. The best way to outsmart the devil is to work together in our common goal to serve God by serving others. To that end, I have a concept for your consideration, suggestions, constructive criticism, and further development.

This is a concept I’ve been playing with in my mind for several years. While for the most part I believe it’s a workable idea, there are, without question, some possible problems that could arise if fully implemented; nevertheless, it seems to me that if the right group of people worked together on development, solutions for those problems could be worked out.

I’m posting this here because I sincerely respect and appreciate the many heartfelt Christians who occupy this space and the awesome Godly wisdom many of you have displayed since I’ve joined the discussions. I’m also in awe of the great diversity of faith we have here at the Christian Forums and the beautiful way we all get along and respect each other’s chosen path of worship. I believe this is absolutely the best place to discuss and develop this concept if it is indeed worth developing.

I praise God for all those who are willing to invest the time to read and evaluate this concept.

Thank you!

Please let me know what you like and don’t like; what you think will work or won’t work; what benefits you see and what problems you foresee. Even though the concept below is fairly detailed, it is really just a germ of an idea and this discussion will help it evolve or be put to rest if it’s revealed to be nothing more than a fanciful dream.

Blessings!

Christian Help Network

The Goal

Unleash the full potential of every follower of Jesus Christ in dedicated service to God through service to others.

Technology Solution Concept

The spirit of loving one another, helping those in need, and sharing everything we have, is inside all followers of Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, the complexity of our world makes it difficult to fully realize the awesome power of God’s love each and every day. What’s needed is a tool that will connect those in need with those who have the resources to help. What’s needed is a software system that will unleash the full potential of every Christian believer in dedicated service to God through service to others. We all have the ability to help others in some capacity; it may be something as simple as help with homework or something as difficult as navigating a catastrophic illness. The Christian Help Network will connect those who need help with those who have the ability to help; unleashing an outpouring of God’s love.

Basic Network Rules

All services and items offered through the Christian Help Network are to be made available for free. The Christian Help Network is not to be used as a source to solicit employment or work for a fee, and is not to be used to solicit donations or make requests for financial assistance of any kind.

The goal is to provide opportunities for service to others and/or opportunities to receive needed assistance. This service and assistance can be anything from advice to physical labor; it can include donating useful items or loaning needed tools; it can also include group efforts for things like moving or house painting.

Profile Page

A customizable profile page will allow network members to provide as much information, pictures, or video as they like and to establish connections with their other social media accounts.

In addition, the profile page can be a place to post personal references and comments from those who have been helped by that member. This will help to build trust and credibility. Ideally, each member should have references from a specific church for accountability and team building opportunities.

Help Survey

The Help Survey is the heart of the Christian Help Network system. Here members will select the specific areas they believe they can be of help. When a need for help in that specific area is requested, each member who has indicated the ability to help in that area will be immediately notified by text or email. It will then be up to those members to read the help request and make a decision to contact the person in need or leave the task for someone more qualified.

The system is designed to discourage or eliminate people calling others directly to request help. Members will receive appropriate help request, based on their help survey response, and be able to make a decision if they have the time and talent to be of help.

In addition, members will be able to turn the notification system on or off as they see fit, so as not to be overwhelmed with requests when their schedule is already filled, or they are on vacation, or they simply want to take a break from serving.

Request Board

Members who are in need will make their request known on a searchable request board. Here requests will be tagged with the appropriate help categories that will trigger the automated notification system.

Members will be able to request help from specific churches, specific cities, or the entire network.

Also, those looking to help, who prefer to opt out of the automatic notification system, can come to the request board and use search tags to locate people they may be able to help.

Help Teams

For larger projects that require a number of people to help, the network will include a team building feature that will allow those joining the team to see who has already joined and how many more people are needed. This will be a perfect resource for small group involvement.

Help Offered

Ongoing offers of help, such as free professional advice, will be posted on the help offered page. This section can also be used for those who have household items that they are willing to give away for free or perhaps specialized tools that they are willing to loan.

Service Evaluation

Everyone who receives help from the Christian Help Network will be encouraged to fill out a service evaluation and comment on the quality of the service provided. These evaluations should be included on the Profile Page of the member providing service to help establish their track record as a trusted service provider.

Conclusion

The world we live in wants us to believe we simply don’t have time to help anyone outside of our immediate family and friends; the truth is we all have a little free time that could be used to help others. What’s needed is a simple organizational tool that can be used to seek help or provide help; a tool that can pinpoint the specific kind of help needed and alert those with the appropriate skills and time needed to complete the task.

By making use of today’s technology, we can unleash an unstoppable flow of personalized assistance and circumnavigate all the obstructions placed in our way. Technology provides us the tools needed to open the flood-gates of God’s love and demonstrate to the world what it truly means to follow Jesus.

Reactions: JCFantasy23