Christian Heavy Metal or Death Metal is not Christian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I Love how you use lots of scripture that is talking about how we walk around communicating, presenting ourselves to the world Ephesians 4:31, Colossians 3:8 and apply it to your point about what 'music tones' are evil???? (diabolus in musica anyone?) But then you get all literal on 1 Cor8. Show me something that proves your point about music specifically. I challenge you.

Yes, music tones can sound evil. People screaming like a demon or monster is evil. Banging a noise that elicits aggresion and rage is contrary to Ephesians 4:31 and Colossians 3:8.

In fact, in Hollywood: They know that their movies, and commercials are more effective if they use certain kinds of music that can effect your emotions. It is why they play sad songs in sad scenes within their movies and or commercials. It is why they play happy songs in happy scenes or commercials. If music (regardless of the lyrics) had no emotional component to it, then watching a movie or commercial would be disjoined mess of listening to background noise that was nuetral. But the real world does not operate like that.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Music without words has an emotional component to it. When you watch a movie from Hollywood, they use a certain kind of music for certain scenes to elicit an emotional response from you. For example: A sad scene in a movie will often use sad music to get you to feel sad. A romance movie will primarily use softer loving music to get you to feel romantic feelings. A romance movie does not use Death Metal music in it's love scenes. Death Metal (which is under the umbrella of Heavy Metal) and general Heavy Metal music that sounds like 80's and 90's rock (which uses screams of agression and heavy beats to gets people to want to head bang or jump in a mosh pit and or punch each other) is based on agression, anger, and pride. Generally Death Metal is used in films where something violent is happening. Violence. So Death Metal is to get you to feel something (even without the words or the lyrics) to be violent. So calling it Christian does not really mean anything. Using Christian lyrics does not mean anything if the beat is based upon the darker side of man's emotions that are ungodly.

Scripture is clear that we are to cast off anger and wrath. Ephesians 4:26 mentions a temporary anger towards our own personal sin so as to overcome it. Ephesians 4:26 is not an anger to be seated in our heart because a few verses below it says we are to put away anger and wrath from our lives. Jesus said to love our enemies, to pray for them, and to do good towards them. We are to forgive. How can one forgive if they are also holding hatred in one's heart?

But what about Jesus? Did not Jesus get angry? Yes, but Jesus is God. We are not God. Only God can control having a perfect righteous anger. For the Scriptures say God is angry at the wicked every day. But only God can do that. For if a person is angry all the time is considered to have an anger problem. So why does Death Metal sound angry in it's beat all the time? Is anger one of the fruits of the Spirit within a believer?

What about when God commanded God's people (Israel) to destroy certain nations? Well this was the time during the Old Testament. God is no longer commanding His people to attack other nations. Back in the Old Testament times, God needed to show that He is a rewarder to those who seek Him and He is a punisher to those who do evil. The Lord our God is a God of justice. But when Jesus came, He showed us a better and more perfect way. Jesus showed us the love of God. Without that love we could not be saved. This love is the foundation of the Christian faith. If we as believers are to act aggressive in the tone of music we play (even without lyrics or words), we are sending forth a communication that plays on man's darker emotions that God does not want us to indulge in (Such as: Anger, hate, despair, and the fear that comes from this world).

My friends. My fellow Christians. I encourage you to pick up your cross, and deny yourselves and follow Jesus. Put away the things of this world that you find familar and build yourself up with things that are good. Anger and aggression (that comes from Heavy Metal and Death Metal music) is the kind of thing that will fill your life with anger, aggression, and possibly even violence. God does not want us to be angry at our enemies. God wants us to love them. It is the way of Christ. The more perfect way under the New Covenant. I pray, that you seek the Scriptures on these things for yourself. Give up this Christian Heavy Metal and Christian Death Metal for at least 1-2 years and then come back to it and see if it is something that is of God or not. For sometimes we cannot see how bad something is unless we give it up.

Anyways, I hope you understand where I am coming from.
I love you all in Christ Jesus;
And may you please be well.

Sincerely,

~ Jason.

The sound music makes is a subjective analysis. You may think it sounds angry, while another person does not. There is no objective morality behind the SOUND of music. Lyrics yes, but music no.
If I think classical music is boring, should I tell others not to listen to it because God is not boring? No, of course not. Classical music being boring is a subjective analysis of it's sound.

Romans 14 is great chapter for this type of topic (and many others). If you think metal is unclean, do not judge the one who listens to metal, and if you listen to metal do not treat the one who does not with contempt.

Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. 2One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. 4Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

5One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. 8If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

10You, then, why do you judge your brother or sistera ? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. 11It is written:

“ ‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,

‘every knee will bow before me;

every tongue will acknowledge God.’ ”b

12So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.

13Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. 14I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean. 15If your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy someone for whom Christ died. 16Therefore do not let what you know is good be spoken of as evil. 17For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval.

19Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. 20Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a person to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. 21It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall.

22So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.c

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I did not interpret anything. Nor did i discuss any of my views on music or anything else you find "worldly"

But you would not be on the defensive for Christian Heavy Metal if you were not in favor in it in some way.

You said:
I dont want the bible to be anything, the bible just IS.

Jesus said, Wisdom is justified by her children.

You said:
It is you who are interpreting it base on your own personal likes and dislikes and calling your views, the word of God. It isnt.

Again, it is not a matter of my personal likes or dislikes. Remember, I used to LOVE this music. But after coming to Jesus, these things no longer make sense to me anymore. I am changed and I am a new creation in Christ Jesus whereby all things have become new.

But even more than that.... we are told to put away anger and wrath out of our lives (Ephesians 4:31, Colossians 3:8). Listening to music that is imbued with the emotion of anger is contrary to these verses in Scripture. You cannot put away anger if you are listening to a music that stirs up emotional anger as a part of it's tone or beat.

That would be like somebody telling you to put away inappropriate content videos and you think it is okay to listen to inappropriate content music with women moaning in the background because it is not actually like a inappropriate content video. But both lead to the same thing. Lust of women.

You said:
You have a view and then find scriptures that you believe match it and then preach your own doctrine.

If anyone disagrees, you try to put them in categories of doctrines and gospel you feel are universally false to discredit them. you are not unique....your behavior is common...and I see nothing wrong with it. I only ask that if you respond to me you only use information I have given and not imply what I believe or doctrines i support.....unless silencing others is the only way for your interpretations to sound like truth.

A tomb is still a tomb no matter how spotless the outside it. It doesnt matter what you listen to if you have hatred and angry in your heart. It is not enough to remove music and angry people from the outside. This does nothing for inside. And God views the contents of the heart....not the contents of your itunes playlist.

And again, I said nothing about the holiness of DM.. Suggesting that I support it or disagree with it would only be an attempt to discredit my words.....with would not be the method of one who has the truth.

Jesus essentially said we will know a tree by it's fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth bad fruit and a bad tree cannot bring forth good fruit. The fruits of Christian Heavy Metal and Death Metal is anger. At one particular church, they had a mosh pit of violence with one another all to the angry beat of Christian Heavy Metal that sounds no different and looks no different than regular Heavy Metal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The sound music makes is a subjective analysis. You may think it sounds angry, while another person does not. There is no objective morality behind the SOUND of music. Lyrics yes, but music no.
If I think classical music is boring, should I tell others not to listen to it because God is not boring? No, of course not. Classical music being boring is a subjective analysis of it's sound.

Romans 14 is great chapter for this type of topic (and many others). If you think metal is unclean, do not judge the one who listens to metal, and if you listen to metal do not treat the one who does not with contempt.

Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. 2One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. 4Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

5One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. 8If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

10You, then, why do you judge your brother or sistera ? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. 11It is written:

“ ‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,

‘every knee will bow before me;

every tongue will acknowledge God.’ ”b

12So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.

13Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. 14I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean. 15If your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy someone for whom Christ died. 16Therefore do not let what you know is good be spoken of as evil. 17For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval.

19Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. 20Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a person to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. 21It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall.

22So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.c

Right. With your way of thinking a Romance movie could use Death Metal in a love scene and use happy sounding music in a sad scene for a film with it elliciting the same kind of emotional response as regular movies employ for these things. What you say here is utter non-sense. You know better than that. When you watch a sad scene in a movie, they use sad music. When you watch a horror movie, they use a type of music to scare you. So there is an emotional component to music even without the lyrics. So please. Let's try not to act like music does not have an emotional component to it (without the lyrics). For if Hollywood thought the way you did, they would be out of business.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right. With your way of thinking a Romance movie could use Death Metal in a love scene and use happy sounding music in a sad scene for a film with it elliciting the same kind of emotional response as regular movies employ for these things. What you say here is utter non-sense. You know better than that. When you watch a sad scene in a movie, they use sad music. When you watch a horror movie, they use a type of music to scare you. So there is an emotional component to music even without the lyrics. So please. Let's try not to act like music does not have an emotional component to it (without the lyrics). For if Hollywood thought the way you did, they would be out of business.

Friend, you are so focused on being right and trying to disprove me, that you completely missed the purpose of my post. If you think Christian metal is unclean, then for you it is unclean. But do no judge others who can listen to Christian metal with a clear conscious. Keep these things between yourself and God, for He is the ultimate judge.

Upvote 0

Idromos247

Standing4Jesus247
May 26, 2017
Michigan
✟16,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You called the music "disgusting" and only proved that your whole attack is based on your own current personal preferences.

Yes, music tones can sound evil. People screaming like a demon or monster is evil. Banging a noise that elicits aggresion and rage is contrary to Ephesians 4:31 and Colossians 3:8.

In your opinion it is. I always imagine gods voice sounds like the roar of thunder and blazing with the heat of his majesty. Gods voice frightened people. Also Eph 4:26 says not to sin in our anger, not "Do not get angry".

In fact, in Hollywood: They know that their movies, and commercials are more effective if they use certain kinds of music that can effect your emotions. It is why they play sad songs in sad scenes within their movies and or commercials. It is why they play happy songs in happy scenes or commercials.

What you described proves nothing except that a director can be good at his job. And claiming that metalheads are angry people listening to angry music just shows to me that you never really understood the music when you were into it and that you had anger issues. Please don't try to blame your past sins on music and push it off onto others.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Friend, you are so focused on being right and trying to disprove me, that you completely missed the purpose of my post. If you think Christian metal is unclean, then for you it is unclean. But do no judge others who can listen to Christian metal with a clear conscious. Keep these things between yourself and God, for He is the ultimate judge.

No. Christian Heavy Metal is evil. For one, even without having a Bible, I would know it is evil by the screaming demonic sounds that the singer makes. To not see this is to become desensitized to this kind of music whereby you think it is normal like the sound of a bird chirping. However, the Bible clearly condemns it with the use of other verses telling us this. Why is it is evil? Because Colossians 3:8 and Ephesians 4:31 tell us to put away anger and wrath out of our lives. Yet, this music is imbued with the emotion of anger. It is not a matter of opinion or debate. How so? Because of it's fruit, too.

There is a small neo-Nazi movement within black metal.

Here is a list of Metal bands who are for the Neo Nazi movement.

We know just in the violent incident in recent news like it in Charlottesville Virginia that these kind of hate groups leads to violence. You really do not get that with people who play the piano or who play loving and peaceful things. People can act violent because they listen to violent music and watch violent things and think about violence. You put violent things in you, and violence will come out of you. It s that simple. Garbage in --- Garbage out.

I mean, nobody punches each other in a mosh pit at pianist concert. Yet, violence is the fruit of Death Metal.

Upvote 0

Jadis40

Sep 19, 2004
Indiana, USA
✟47,145.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You keep repeating yourself, over and over again. Heavy metal to me, is just a genre. To me, I really can't stand to listen to much "softer" music, just because of the way my brain has been wired. I look for complexity, and most Christian music, the safe CCM type stuff doesn't really have what I'm looking for, with exceptions very far apart. Most other stuff sounds one dimensional. There's no depth to it on a compositional level, if that makes sense.

I'm not going to give up listening to melodic death metal and other forms of metal just because some random person on a forum has a problem with it.

I guess what I'm saying is, you think there's anger and wrath behind it. I, on the other hand, hear the complexity and the way all the instruments and vocals come together to make a whole. Besides, listening to metal makes me happier and calmer, which runs counter to your whole argument. I think other people might say the same.

Now, excuse me, I'm gonna go listen to some Be'lakor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Music in and of itself is not "evil". It's the message or intent behind it.

Personally, I used to like Stryper back in "the day"....though I'm not a big fan of heavy metal nowadays. Not because I think it's "evil". As I grew older, my tastes in music have changed.
MI0002104668.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You called the music "disgusting" and only proved that your whole attack is based on your own current personal preferences.

Screaming demonic noises from a singer is not disgusting?
I can only imagine what you do find disgusting in music.

Again, it is not a matter of opinion here.
Ephesians 4:31 and Colossians 3:8 says to put away anger and wrath out of your life.
We know that from watching movies that certain kinds of music elicits a certain emotional response out of you. Sad music is played for sad scenes, etc. So you know that there is an angry emotional style of music.

You said:
In your opinion it is. I always imagine gods voice sounds like the roar of thunder and blazing with the heat of his majesty. Gods voice frightened people. Also Eph 4:26 says not to sin in our anger, not "Do not get angry".

That is the Modern Translation rendering of that verse. I prefer the trusted KJV. But if you hold to the Modern Translation interpretation, then it does not help you but it works against you because it is then not allowing for you to have any anger. It is saying for you to not sin if you ever get angry. Verse 31 says to then put away anger. Why? So as not to sin. So whatever interpretation you take on Ephesians 4:26, it is not helping you here.

You said:
What you described proves nothing except that a director can be good at his job. And claiming that metalheads are angry people listening to angry music just shows to me that you never really understood the music when you were into it and that you had anger issues. Please don't try to blame your past sins on music and push it off onto others.

I was generally a peaceful kid. I used to have moments of intense anger when I was a kid when things did no go right. But I believe this was the result of the music I listened to. I never once thought these things were sinful until I accepted Jesus.

After coming to Jesus, I no longer felt a need for this music because it sounded horrible to me. I was changed spiritually. I also did not have the same fits or anger when things did not go my way after dedicating my life to Christ, as well. I was a new man.

As for movie directors: They know what KIND of music to use to elicit an emotional response out of you.
So this whole idea that many here keep pushing that music is emotional-less or is subjective to the listener is just nonsense. Sad music is played in sad scenes within a movie, etc.

As for metal heads being angry people: Yes, they are very angry people because their musical style is one of anger and rage. You can hear this in the beat of their music. The fruit of this music is associated with mosh pits and fighting (Which has even been known to be used in one church to my knowledge). I mean, a mosh pit and punching each other in a church? Really? That is not of God. You would never see this in a pianist concert or a praise and worship concert. Jesus said we will know them by their fruit. The Bible says avoid having an appearance of evil. Yet, death is glorified in these Christian Heavy Metal bands. You cannot tell them from their secular worldly counterparts. So no. You have things backwards, my friend.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. Christian Heavy Metal is evil. For one, even without having a Bible, I would know it is evil by the screaming demonic sounds that the singer makes. To not see this is to become desensitized to this kind of music whereby you think it is normal like the sound of a bird chirping. However, the Bible clearly condemns it with the use of other verses telling us this. Why is it is evil? Because Colossians 3:8 and Ephesians 4:31 tell us to put away anger and wrath out of our lives. Yet, this music is imbued with the emotion of anger. It is not a matter of opinion or debate. How so? Because of it's fruit, too.

We know just in the violent incident in recent news like it in Charlottesville Virginia that these kind of hate groups leads to violence. You really do not get that with people who play the piano or who play loving and peaceful things. People can act violent because they listen to violent music and watch violent things and think about violence. You put violent things in you, and violence will come out of you. It s that simple. Garbage in --- Garbage out.

I mean, nobody punches each other in a mosh pit at pianist concert. Yet, violence is the fruit of Death Metal.

Friend, this topic will not help your spiritual growth or bring others to Christ. It will only cause anger, which can be clearly seen throughout this thread, from you and from other participants. In starting this thread to bring awareness that Christian metal is evil as it causes anger, ironically, you cause others and yourself to become angry, which is clearly evidenced by the posts on this thread.

Your faith is weak on this topic, as you judge others for listening to Christian metal.

There are certain topics my faith is weak on, so I keep the topics between me and God and do the best I can to praise God through my weak faith.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Personally, I used to like Stryper back in "the day"....though I'm not a big fan of heavy metal nowadays. Not because I think it's "evil". As I grew older, my tastes in music have changed.
MI0002104668.jpg

Oh good. Then you believe that Hollywood does not use sad music in sad scenes for it's movies and they do not use happy music in happy scenes within their films or commercials. Come on now.

Upvote 0

Idromos247

Standing4Jesus247
May 26, 2017
Michigan
✟16,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

There are gross people in every sub-culture on the planet. Just because some metalheads are neo-Nazis or Satanists proves absolute nothing.... What did the KKK listen to in the 1800s?? They probbaly formed because someone time traveled and gave Nathan Bedford Forrest a Slayer CD:p:rolleyes: . We can waste our time worrying about symptoms or we can battle the cause which is that people need Jesus.... Not different music tastes. We spend so much time worrying about our brothers speck in their eye and forget about our own planks.

We are not talking about secular neo Nazi bands anyway. We are talking about music that has God/biblical based lyrics that you don't like because its sounds scary, evil, and angry to you.... That's why music has different genres! Go listen to what you like and edifies your soul and I will as well.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Friend, this topic will not help your spiritual growth or bring others to Christ. It will only cause anger, which can be clearly seen throughout this thread, from you and from other participants.

I am not angry at you or anyone. If anger is to be had, it is by those who listen to music that is angry in it's tone.

You said:
In starting this thread to bring awareness that Christian metal is evil as it causes anger, ironically, you cause others and yourself to become angry, which is clearly evidenced by the posts on this thread.

I can get passionate with my words about how the murder and rape of people is wrong, it does not mean I am angry.

You said:
Your faith is weak on this topic, as you judge others for listening to Christian metal.

I do not judge them. God's Word does the judging. Jesus says if one do not receive the Lord's words, those very words will judge them on the last day (John 12:48).

I have already given you Colossians 3:8 and Ephesians 4:31 that tells us believers to put away anger and wrath out of our lives. One cannot do this if they are listening to something that is imbued with anger.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GeorgeJ

Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Oh good. Then you believe that Hollywood does not use sad music in sad scenes for it's movies and they do not use happy music in happy scenes within their films or commercials. Come on now.
INTENT

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are gross people in every sub-culture on the planet. Just because some metalheads are neo-Nazis or Satanists proves absolute nothing.... What did the KKK listen to in the 1800s?? They probbaly formed because someone time traveled and gave Nathan Bedford Forrest a Slayer CD:p:rolleyes: . We can waste our time worrying about symptoms or we can battle the cause which is that people need Jesus.... Not different music tastes. We spend so much time worrying about our brothers speck in their eye and forget about our own planks.

We are not talking about secular neo Nazi bands anyway. We are talking about music that has God/biblical based lyrics that you don't like because its sounds scary, evil, and angry to you.... That's why music has different genres! Go listen to what you like and edifies your soul and I will as well.

Biblical based lyrics does not mean anything if one's actions speak contrary to what God's Word says. A man can be an axe murdering rapist and it does not change anything in his life if he were to quote Scripture while doing so. The problem is the FRUIT. The fruit of Christian Heavy Metal is not good but it is bad. The fruit shows us that it is:

#1. Angry in tone and or sound (A violation of Colossians 3:8, and Ephesians 4:31).
#2. An imitation or carbon copy of it's secular counterparts (A violation of Romans 12:2).
#3. A promotion of violence because one can be involved in a mosh pit (A violation of John 18:36).
#4. A glorification of death in it's look and not life (A violation of 1 Thessalonians 5:22).

As for the point I made about Neo Nazi bands in Death Metal:
You do not see this prevalent among pianists or within regular Praise and Worship music.
The fruit of Death Metal music leads people to tap into the darker emotions of man that are negative.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angel_Stewart
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Not sure how that word helps you.

Have you ever watched a movie before?
Please pay close attention the next time you do.
Sad scenes within a film are used with sad music and not happy music or music of aggression generally?
Why? Because music has an emotional component to it without any words.

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Not sure how that word helps you.

Have you ever watched a movie before?
Please pay close attention the next time you do.
Sad scenes within a film are used with sad music and not happy music or music of aggression generally?
Why? Because music has an emotional component to it without any words.

...and that's the INTENT behind that music.
Let me repeat my quote for you:
Since you're so intent in talking down to folks, let me put this in a way that you just may be able to understand:
Genres of music can be used with the intention of portraying sadness, happiness, or other emotions or ideas. The genre itself is not "good" or "evil".

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Paul says, "Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue." (1 Corinthians 14:19).

Yet, in Christian Death Metal it does not matter if you can understand their words or not.

Reactions: Angel_Stewart
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.