Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Christian group pulls support for event challenging homosexuality – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

"All the recent attention to bullying helped us realize that we need to equip kids to live out biblical tolerance and grace while treating their neighbors as they'd like to be treated, whether they agree with them or not," said Alan Chambers, President of Exodus International, the group that sponsored the event this year.

Finally, Someone has remembered love thy neighbor.
Love thy neighbor does not mean condone his actions, it just means you accept them for all their flaws as Christ has accepted us.

May this open more Christians eyes. Embrace the sinner, condemn the sins, that we all have.

P

Phinehas2

May Christians eyes be oponed to the deception. One cant be loving ones neighbour by turning a blind eye to sin that leads to death. One isnt loving an alcoholic by giving him a drink. Too many Christians today are getting sucked into the deception of looking at Bible verses in cultural context and not in the holistic Biblical context.

So in fact this day of truth has as much right to express itself in this way, so much for equality.

Upvote 0

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
May Christians eyes be oponed to the deception. One cant be loving ones neighbour by turning a blind eye to sin that leads to death. One isnt loving an alcoholic by giving him a drink. Too many Christians today are getting sucked into the deception of looking at Bible verses in cultural context and not in the holistic Biblical context.

So, do you support the bullying and harassment of gay students by their peers?

So in fact this day of truth has as much right to express itself in this way, so much for equality.

No one has taken away their right to express themselves. Exodus International has voluntarily decided to no longer participate. How has this harmed equality?

Upvote 0
P

Phinehas2

Glass*Soul,
So, do you support the bullying and harassment of gay students by their peers?
No, not at all, nor do I support removing the day of truth, especially as it highlights that there is no such thing as gay students.

No one has taken away their right to express themselves. Exodus International has voluntarily decided to no longer participate. How has this harmed equality?
accepted, but note it is seen as too provocative, which means one side is too provoked.

Upvote 0

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Glass*Soul,
No, not at all, nor do I support removing the day of truth, especially as it highlights that there is no such thing as gay students.

I would be interested to hear what you mean when you say "there is no such thing as gay students"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Eazy E,
Interesting isnt it that when we come to a topic which we should agree on as almost all Muslims would agree with that, you dont.
I never said homosexuality was acceptable in Islam; I'm merely helping to point out the idiocy you presented in saying there were no gay students. It's the same as Iran's President saying that there are no gays there. I understand deceit and subversion is a tactic you like to use, but don't try and state I'm saying that homosexuality is okay in Islam.

Try and do your best from now on, not to start drawing the post into something about Islam when you see my post. It's best because your ignorance comes to the front, and also shows that you have no evidence to present. Your posts are a subtle attack towards my character, my religion and my beliefs; just subtle enough to bybpass the rules here on CF, but loud enough to show that there is no room for Islam nor Muslims in your universe.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
I am aware of Ajarofmarmalade's speech at the UN, and the fact that the UN rep personally selected and appointed by him parrots his party line doesn't surprise me. However, these two do not speak for the majority of Muslims. Or even the majority of Iranians.

Upvote 0
P

Phinehas2

Eazy E,
The president is absolutely correct in this and the topic is off limits.
but loud enough to show that there is no room for Islam nor Muslims in your universe.
I am very interested in your views on your religion, all I have done is presented what I understand, supported partly by what Muslim scholars, and the Quran says, as opposed to the what the scholars you cite say.
No of course not, I believe Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the life and no-one comes to the Father God except through Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
Lighthorseman,
The evidence I presented seems more convincing than your mere contradiction.
So I suppose that most Muslims think the US committed the 9/11 attacks on themselves? After all, thats what Ahmajarderad said in his speech, right?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.