Washington State
✟17,535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are not many of us...and we are often times almost shunned in churches by other Christians...but anyway...just want to see if there are any here?

What do I mean by geek? People who play games, love movies and sci-fi/fantasy. (ie..not the big dumb jock or cheerleader type) :)

5stringJeff

Aug 17, 2005
GA
✟9,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
SteelDisciple said:
There are not many of us...and we are often times almost shunned in churches by other Christians...but anyway...just want to see if there are any here?

What do I mean by geek? People who play games, love movies and sci-fi/fantasy. (ie..not the big dumb jock or cheerleader type) :)

We had a games night in our church for a while. It was excellent. A couple of us used to play Settlers of Catan, which I love, but now I can't find anyone to play it with! :(

Anyway, I guess I am somewhat of a geek, in that sense.

Upvote 0

Nakiah4Yeshua

On your walls, Yerushalayim, I have set Watchmen !
Mar 19, 2006
Santa Maria, California (Central Coast)
Visit site
✟9,717.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
hey I think of myself as a geek LOL
I like Sci-fi, i'm not too good at games but once i start playing i get into it and i love doing stuff on computers!

Jenny
Definately me!!
Geek and proud... my brother too. his CF username is: joel4Jesus

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,462.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

We're not shunned, you're just not looking in the AV Booth :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

shadistarr

Nov 23, 2006
San Francisco
✟8,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
lol does a geek groupy work?? I seem to find myself surrounded by geeks... not that it's a bad thing, but I'm not sure if I'm actually a geek.... more of a nerd... either way I was in Marching Band in high school and that puts me up there in geekdom/nerdom depending on who you talk to

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,462.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
lol does a geek groupy work?? I seem to find myself surrounded by geeks... not that it's a bad thing, but I'm not sure if I'm actually a geek.... more of a nerd... either way I was in Marching Band in high school and that puts me up there in geekdom/nerdom depending on who you talk to
but were you in the D&D Club ? :D

Upvote 0

doglover

Serving my Prince
Dec 8, 2004
✟20,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I just wanted to point out that you said "not the dumb jock or cheerleader type" and someone can be a geek and jock or a cheerleader! The stereotypes for those things can be broken. A good friend of mine was a cheerleader all through Jr. high and high school, and is a huge geek. Was then too. She loves cheerleading, but still is a geek. It IS possible. ;)
Sorry, that was a little off-topic.
I'm not really a geek. I'm not much for sci-fi things or LOTR, etc. lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,462.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
any WoWers out there? I go to Portland community and there are always one or two people playing it in the library. amazing stuff.
Working on getting 64 Human Mage, and a Dnari 24 Mage :D

Upvote 0