Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have just read a disturbing article about the lack of care and love shown in Christian fellowship to those with a disability.
I wonder just how unloving your fellowships are.
What provission is there in your church for wheelchair users to be able to access your church unaided?
How does your church support and help children with learning disabilities?

Study: US Churches Exclude Children with Autism, ADD/ADHD
Is the article.

Jesus said, ' those who cause these little ones to go astray, it would be better for them to hang a millstone around their neck and to hurl themselves into the sea then to stand before God.'

Well how does your church condemn the disabled?

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
All human beings our welcome in our little church and we don't even use duct tape.
I have had parents tell me they do not attend a church because of their children's actions and I say really??? What kind of parenting is that? Isn't that abuse, because it sure seems like it, Or at the very least, A big fat cop out!
I say bring them kiddos to church and let them be kids.

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I attend a small church with less than a 100 members.
Our children's ministry is just starting to grow so we have not had an opportunity to any disabled children.
Also our church is mostly elderly. I am 54 and am one of the younger people in the church. And we always help those who are disabled.
We do have a wheelchair ramp for anyone who wishes to use it.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Its difficult to deal with problem children such as those with ADD. The church should be helping mothers with such a burden. IMO.
Yes They should and we certainly would if any come here. [No Autism yet] They have learning disabilities and need a different approach in some cases, We have a couple of ladies who would love them up and teach them through coloring bible stories to sitting and rocking and singing hymns with them or whatever it took.
We are willing and I hope every other church out there is :]

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0