inverness
✟74,329.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
christian films Passion of christ not preachy. games no clue i play violent games. books a good one is the bible. lol i dont read any other books but if you want try searching audio books they might have a lot of books with christian elements in it

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Hey. I was wondering if anyone knew of any films/tv series/games/books/music etc that has christian elements to them, but not too preachy if you know what I mean. More subtle.
A few minutes ago, ran into this quote (about some aspect or all tv/ads/papers) from some expose or whatever it was called:

'You
are television incarnate, Diana, indifferent to suffering, insensitive to joy. All of life is reduced to the common rubble of banality. War, murder, death are all the same to you as bottles of beer. ... You are madness, Diana, virulent madness, and everything you touch dies with you."

Then on several sites, like this one >
www.rottentomatoes.com › network › quotes

Network - Movie Quotes - Rotten Tomatoes

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,329.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A few minutes ago, ran into this quote (about some aspect or all tv/ads/papers) from some expose or whatever it was called:

'You
are television incarnate, Diana, indifferent to suffering, insensitive to joy. All of life is reduced to the common rubble of banality. War, murder, death are all the same to you as bottles of beer. ... You are madness, Diana, virulent madness, and everything you touch dies with you."

Then on several sites, like this one >
www.rottentomatoes.com › network › quotes

Network - Movie Quotes - Rotten Tomatoes
what does it mean

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
what does it mean
As noted by honest sold-out-to-Jesus and in God's Kingdom preachers and teachers ,
it means not good. From the enemy, comes trouble, robbing little children, young children, mid-children, teens, young adults, adults, mid-age adults, older adults, elders,
of family, of soul, of spirit, of Christ, of time, of mental clarity, of emotional stability and honesty,

all the while teaching the falsehoods of a kingdom not God's Kingdom, to as many as possible, dragging them down whenever possible.....

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,329.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
SORRY I STILL CANT UNDERSTAND
As noted by honest sold-out-to-Jesus and in God's Kingdom preachers and teachers ,
it means not good. From the enemy, comes trouble, robbing little children, young children, mid-children, teens, young adults, adults, mid-age adults, older adults, elders,
of family, of soul, of spirit, of Christ, of time, of mental clarity, of emotional stability and honesty,

all the while teaching the falsehoods of a kingdom not God's Kingdom, to as many as possible, dragging them down whenever possible.....
sorry i still cant understand it

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
SORRY I STILL CANT UNDERSTAND

sorry i still cant understand it
I'm not sure most people can understand. In fact, Scripture says most cannot.
The source of wisdom and understanding is Yahweh, the Creator.
He Says to ask Him whenever anyone lacks wisdom , and He Will Grant Wisdom Freely (and He Does!) ,
with some/or one/ conditions. (in James chapter one I think) ....

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,329.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He Says to ask Him whenever anyone lacks wisdom , and He Will Grant Wisdom Freely (and He Does!) ,
wait so a christians evil if they play watch or read stuff with kiling in it? im unsensiive to death war and bad stuff since i was 6yrs old but i believe im going to heaven i got jesus working in my life quite alot i even got a good relationship with him

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,329.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
was i correct

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,329.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible has much killing in it,
yet Yahweh, the Sovereign Creator, says a man is BLESSED if he meditates on Yahweh's Word /Torah/ day and night. (constantly)
so im Alright then ye

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,329.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible has much killing in it,
yet Yahweh, the Sovereign Creator, says a man is BLESSED if he meditates on Yahweh's Word /Torah/ day and night. (constantly)
il say yes lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ann Provence

Jun 27, 2019
Tacoma
✟8,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey. I was wondering if anyone knew of any films/tv series/games/books/music etc that has christian elements to them, but not too preachy if you know what I mean. More subtle.

Oh, yes, I can suggest lots of good stuff!
Adventures in Odyssey is a kids' radio show that has great stories and teaches a biblical principle without being preachy. It's super-popular and kids love it! Even adults love it! Check it out here: Adventures in Odyssey - Focus on the Family

The Chronicles of Narnia are epic, beautiful stories that capture a child's imagination and teach wonderful life lessons without even mentioning God.

You can subscribe to a kids' magazine with fun articles, crafts, stories, features, etc. that are Christian-based, interesting, and not preachy. Go here to select the magazine that corresponds to your child's age: About Clubhouse Magazine - Focus on the Family

Plugged In is a great resource for reading reviews on all the things you asked about: movies, games, books, music, etc. There you can find an endless list of those things! Go to: Plugged In

The website crosswalk.com also has great ideas in their "News & Culture" section for movies, books, etc.

A fantastic podcast is the ReadAloudRevival, which features curated lists of excellent books (most can be found at the library, and most are not Christian per se, but have great values) and interviews with well-known authors.

If you want them to read the Bible in a fun, enticing format, consider the ActionBible (comic book style).

I hope this list of ideas helps!

• Winner
Reactions: POChrist
Upvote 0

POChrist

Mar 30, 2017
Gloucester
✟11,669.00
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh, yes, I can suggest lots of good stuff!
Adventures in Odyssey is a kids' radio show that has great stories and teaches a biblical principle without being preachy. It's super-popular and kids love it! Even adults love it! Check it out here: Adventures in Odyssey - Focus on the Family

The Chronicles of Narnia are epic, beautiful stories that capture a child's imagination and teach wonderful life lessons without even mentioning God.

You can subscribe to a kids' magazine with fun articles, crafts, stories, features, etc. that are Christian-based, interesting, and not preachy. Go here to select the magazine that corresponds to your child's age: About Clubhouse Magazine - Focus on the Family

Plugged In is a great resource for reading reviews on all the things you asked about: movies, games, books, music, etc. There you can find an endless list of those things! Go to: Plugged In

The website crosswalk.com also has great ideas in their "News & Culture" section for movies, books, etc.

A fantastic podcast is the ReadAloudRevival, which features curated lists of excellent books (most can be found at the library, and most are not Christian per se, but have great values) and interviews with well-known authors.

If you want them to read the Bible in a fun, enticing format, consider the ActionBible (comic book style).

I hope this list of ideas helps!

Wow, that was just the sort of answer I was looking for and more! You've been wonderful, thank you kindly! Will definately be checking these out.

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps this isn't what you're looking for, but Martin Scorsese's Silence is excellent for me. It's not a secular movie with hints about Christianity, it's clearly a movie about Catholic priests going on a mission. But it's the exact opposite what you think movies like this are - it's not about preaching or hammering some "correct" doctrine into your face, and if one goes in looking for that experience they're going to be in shock. It's more about dissecting and even destroying religion in the face of suffering and harrowing doubt until there is nothing left except...well I won't spoil it any further. But I sincerely recommend it. Hard watch, but worth it, at least for me. One of my favorite movies ever made, and there's some brutal honesty about it that I admire. I don't think that movie has a hidden agenda, it's not sneaky.

Also Bringing Out the Dead from the same director. Some of it's not subtle, some of it goes by without you ever noticing it. I didn't notice much of it myself until much later.

About music, Sufjan Stevens. A true musician. He's only made one clearly Christian album, but even that is honest and genuine, not preachy or trying to get some message through in a superficial way. Iron&Wine as well, a lot of Biblical imagery, alhtough he's not religious I think, somewhat critical of it at times. And good old Nick Cave, can't forget about him.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0