Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've recently dreamt of being almost attacked by a dog or wolf that I've barely escaped from. Would like some help with it.

We actually already have a specific forum designated for dream interpretation, Julie (and welcome to CF, btw. :wave:). It's in the Sign Gifts section, as a sub-forum under Spiritual Gifts.
Sign Gifts

Chances are they'll move this thread there for you eventually.

So how about if you describe the dream in more detail, and what makes you think it might be from God, or significant in some way?

Upvote 0

Julie1989

Feb 28, 2018
Fremont
✟8,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's a recurring dream so it's definitely significant. The first one was a dream where I was in my backyard and I had to escape from a large black dog. The second one was a dream where I was outside and I saw a friendly seeming dog then a more vicious dog or wolf came after me and I ran inside. Then the recent one was me stranded on the road outside my house and a black wolf was growling at me and I had to cry out for help and another dog ran over to help but I was stuck in my spot.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Speaking as a psychology major, and someone who's looked into this stuff for the past few years, the main thing I can tell you is to not read too much into it. The recurring part is significant (though probably less so than you think), likely signaling some sort of fear or past experience, but the manifest content (dog, wolf, house, stuck in spot, etc.) is extremely easy to assign a ridiculous amount of perfect-sounding interpretations to.
Sometimes these things just go away, with you never knowing why it was ever there. Look into lucid dreaming, and see if you can "take over" the dream that way.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's a recurring dream so it's definitely significant. The first one was a dream where I was in my backyard and I had to escape from a large black dog. The second one was a dream where I was outside and I saw a friendly seeming dog then a more vicious dog or wolf came after me and I ran inside. Then the recent one was me stranded on the road outside my house and a black wolf was growling at me and I had to cry out for help and another dog ran over to help but I was stuck in my spot.

Ok. The common elements that run through all three dreams are:

A. you are threatened by "dogs," and
B. your "house" is a place of safety you run to.

Presuming these are from God, the question is why are you outside the "house."

Let me ask you:
A. How is your spiritual life; are you seeking spiritual guidance in your life right now?
B. Are you married or seeking a husband?
C. Is there something that you are seeking at all outside the home nowadays, such as a form of employment maybe?

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I've recently dreamt of being almost attacked by a dog or wolf that I've barely escaped from. Would like some help with it.
Perhaps you are not behaving as the Lord wants you to behave, and the dream is a warning.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the manifest content (dog, wolf, house, stuck in spot, etc.) is extremely easy to assign a ridiculous amount of perfect-sounding interpretations to.

Agreed. This is very basic content. Only if it would mesh with actual events taking place in her life could it be interpreted as inspired and having any prophetic meaning.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
B. Are you married or seeking a husband?

The fact that you are "in relationship" seems interesting in this context. But if you think that's too personal to discuss openly, I'll send you a private conversation since you wouldn't be able to do so yourself as a new member. No offense taken if you choose not to respond.

And welcome again to CF. We are glad to have you.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We live in an age of active imagination. Action movies filled with CGI, TV shows about people in capes and comic books dedicated to the zombie apocalypse. I don't think dreams are necessarily the best vehicle for messages from God... if that's what the OP is suggesting.

Back in ancient times, when the most high tech thing anybody had ever seen is a guy riding a horse, dreams of apocalyptic visions probably weren't a bad way to get attention. But these days, I have those when I eat too much chili.

No offense to anybody but this seems a little like a stretch.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But these days, I have those when I eat too much chili.

No offense to anybody but this seems a little like a stretch.

Eating too much chili can result in that. Best to limit oneself, and loosen one's belt buckle before REAL trouble starts.

In all seriousness, I'm still in a learning process when it comes to interpretation. But honestly, I have yet to encounter anyone posting a dream or sending me one in private that didn't end up having a genuine spiritual application to their lives. Occasionally I've missed on the proper application, however, so I tend to take initial interpretations less seriously than I do dreams themselves.

But time has a way of sifting the truth from falsehood.

No offense taken.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Eating too much chili can result in that. Best to limit oneself, and loosen one's belt buckle before REAL trouble starts.

In all seriousness, I'm still in a learning process when it comes to interpretation. But honestly, I have yet to encounter anyone posting a dream or sending me one in private that didn't end up having a genuine spiritual application to their lives. Occasionally I've missed on the proper application, however, so I tend to take initial interpretations less seriously than I do dreams themselves.

But time has a way of sifting the truth from falsehood.

No offense taken.
If it helps, I did hear about one dream somebody I had where I legit had to wonder. Long story short, it was a vision of this person's loved ones the way (I imagine) they might be viewable from Hell... which is where this person was convinced they were going after they had their dream and turned their life around, spiritually speaking.

Movies with hellish imagery were popular at the time so it's totally possible this person's dream was a strange brew mish-mash of movies combined with whatever was lurking around the darker borders of this person's Id.

But that's not the only way of looking at it.

So I guess my point is I should probably think a bit more carefully before posting in the future...

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If it helps, I did hear about one dream somebody I had where I legit had to wonder. Long story short, it was a vision of this person's loved ones the way (I imagine) they might be viewable from Hell... which is where this person was convinced they were going after they had their dream and turned their life around, spiritually speaking.

Movies with hellish imagery were popular at the time so it's totally possible this person's dream was a strange brew mish-mash of movies combined with whatever was lurking around the darker borders of this person's Id.

But that's not the only way of looking at it.

So I guess my point is I should probably think a bit more carefully before posting in the future...

Not at all. I healthy skepticism is good. Insultingly dismissive comments are out of place, but yours seemed pretty respectful to me. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0