Tennessee
✟37,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I think most people do not study the fine print of their chosen party but instead go by superficial things. For example, I overheard a teenage girl say "I'm not voting for him, he's old". She seemed to be an airhead who flunked school but yet still passed somehow by playing cute.
And blacks overwhelmingly voted for Obama. Because he is part black. Irregardless of his actual policies.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics is so intrusive today that you cannot separate being a Christian from politics.

And the Democrat party is so openly and actively antiChristian, and has so many policies that are antithetical to Christianity that I don’t see how a Christian can be in the democrat party.
Conservative Protestants don’t have a lock on the word Christian. From a mainline point of view Democratic policies tend to be more Christian and Republicans anti Christian. From a Catholic point of view it’s a mix.

Upvote 0

classical5

Aug 11, 2021
Florida
✟3,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I did not state you
You might want to take a critical look at both of your two major parties and realize neither are Christian and both only want the same thing -money and power, they just go about in different ways.
While there are some hot button topics your Republican party stand for that grab the attention in the bid to win the Christian vote, don't mistake this for Christianity or righteousness in anyway. Is one sin better then another? Some are just more news grabbing and publicly repungent than others.

I did not state a Christian had to be in the Republican Party. I stated a Christian should not be in the Democrat party. Those 2 statements are not the same.

At this point USA political parties are humanist. They are not strictly Christian or Biblical. They all have questionable planks in their platform and all certainly are filled with very sinful politicians who are not Christian.

But of the 2 main parties, the Republican is friendly to Christians while the Democrat is actively and openly antiChristian. There is the possibility the R party can be reformed from within, I don’t see that possibility for the D party.

Upvote 0

classical5

Aug 11, 2021
Florida
✟3,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Conservative Protestants don’t have a lock on the word Christian. From a mainline point of view Democratic policies tend to be more Christian and Republicans anti Christian. From a Catholic point of view it’s a mix.

I disagree. What is Christian about the democrat party?

They support unregulated abortion up to and beyond birth.

They support the “whole life” philosophy of weighting a persons value to society and thereby rationing health care.

In 2012 the DNC removed all reference to God from their platform. Coming under pressure for that they put it back in at the convention under a voice vote, the nays clearly won but session chair Antonio Villaraigosa declared the ayes had 2/3’s needed and God was reinserted - amidst a lot of booing from delegates.

In Christianity charity is voluntary - Christianity and all aspects from it is a voluntary religion - but Democrats believe in forced wealth redistribution and a govt run welfare state.

Democrats believe in forced morality, they force their worldly views on all people. As we have clearly seen over the past 5 years, democrats tolerate no dissent. Those that disagree are censored and cancelled.

Democrats support and encourage same sex marriage and “alternative” - bizarre is a better term - lifestyles and teach those to children. At the same time they denigrate the Biblical family structure.

All of the above are antithetical to Christianity.

• Winner
Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I disagree. What is Christian about the democrat party?

They support the “whole life” philosophy of weighting a persons value to society and thereby rationing health care.

In 2012 the DNC removed all reference to God from their platform. Coming under pressure for that they put it back in at the convention under a voice vote, the nays clearly won but session chair Antonio Villaraigosa declared the ayes had 2/3’s needed and God was reinserted - amidst a lot of booing from delegates.

In Christianity charity is voluntary - Christianity and all aspects from it is a voluntary religion - but Democrats believe in forced wealth redistribution and a govt run welfare state.

Democrats believe in forced morality, they force their worldly views on all people. As we have clearly seen over the past 5 years, democrats tolerate no dissent. Those that disagree are censored and cancelled.

Democrats support and encourage same sex marriage and “alternative” - bizarre is a better term - lifestyles and teach those to children. At the same time they denigrate the Biblical family structure.

All of the above are antithetical to Christianity.
It must be fun kicking that strawman of the Democratic Party you have pieced together. Both parties should focus on the secular and the Constitution. Neither should pander to religion.

• Agree
Reactions: NxNW and tulc
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
It must be fun kicking that strawman of the Democratic Party you have pieced together. Both parties should focus on the secular and the Constitution. Neither should pander to religion.
Indeed. The issues listed are political ones on which Christians can disagree. My problem with the Republican party is that these days it is based on denial of truth. Obama’s citizenship, global warming, the seriousness of Covid, basic principles of public health, that Biden won the election. And they’re trying to continue their power in a county that is majority Democrat by gerrymandering and changing voting rules. Truth is a basic Christian duty. Without it, it’s impossible to make any judgements properly.

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

classical5

Aug 11, 2021
Florida
✟3,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

First, you don't know what a strawman arguement is. Strike 1.

You don't even know what your own party stands for, you have not read the Democrat platform, and you did not bother to check any of the facts I presented. Strike 2.

Finally, you don't even know what the arguement is about - its why Christians cannot be in the Democrat party, its a religious arguement. Strike 3.

You are out.

• Agree
Upvote 0

classical5

Aug 11, 2021
Florida
✟3,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Indeed. The issues listed are political ones on which Christians can disagree. My problem with the Republican party is that these days it is based on denial of truth. Obama’s citizenship, global warming, the seriousness of Covid, basic principles of public health, that Biden won the election. And they’re trying to continue their power in a county that is majority Democrat by gerrymandering and changing voting rules. Truth is a basic Christian duty. Without it, it’s impossible to make any judgements properly.

Really? Use the Bible to refute any of the issues I listed.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did not state you

I did not state a Christian had to be in the Republican Party. I stated a Christian should not be in the Democrat party. Those 2 statements are not the same.

I never said that you did.

I am saying it sounds like you are backing the Republicans over the Democrats, and that all Christians should, because the Republicans are more 'Godly'. Then I am saying you might want to look closer at what both stand for.

At this point USA political parties are humanist. They are not strictly Christian or Biblical. They all have questionable planks in their platform and all certainly are filled with very sinful politicians who are not Christian.

Exactly, so why are so many of you still backing the Republicans?
What I don't understand about US politics is why you all feel so held and tied to only ever vote for those two. You have other parties, why don't you all vote for another party, a Christian party? Saying that doesn't won't work simply continues the status quo. Sure they won't get in, but that isn't the point. If enough people started not voting for either R or D maybe things would shake up over there.

But of the 2 main parties, the Republican is friendly to Christians while the Democrat is actively and openly antiChristian. There is the possibility the R party can be reformed from within, I don’t see that possibility for the D party.

It's friendly to Christians over a couple of issues. It's a dangling carrot. Abortion kills, but so do guns and poor health care, its just less in your face. Forget about either of them. It's time US Christians took a stand and voted for neither of them. Instead you all argue over R and D like either one is worth your time.

Just my foreign opinion. I don't have a horse in this race apart from how it affects those of us from the rest of the world. trust me, Trump was not the representative you wanted for your country, regardless of party.

• Agree
Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First, you don't know what a strawman arguement is. Strike 1.

You don't even know what your own party stands for, you have not read the Democrat platform, and you did not bother to check any of the facts I presented. Strike 2.

Finally, you don't even know what the arguement is about - its why Christians cannot be in the Democrat party, its a religious arguement. Strike 3.

You are out.
I am not registered with any party. Your description of the Democratic Party is still incorrect.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

classical5

Aug 11, 2021
Florida
✟3,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I never said that you did.

I am saying it sounds like you are backing the Republicans over the Democrats, and that all Christians should, because the Republicans are more 'Godly'. Then I am saying you might want to look closer at what both stand for.

Exactly, so why are so many of you still backing the Republicans?
What I don't understand about US politics is why you all feel so held and tied to only ever vote for those two. You have other parties, why don't you all vote for another party, a Christian party? Saying that doesn't won't work simply continues the status quo. Sure they won't get in, but that isn't the point. If enough people started not voting for either R or D maybe things would shake up over there.

It's friendly to Christians over a couple of issues. It's a dangling carrot. Abortion kills, but so do guns and poor health care, its just less in your face. Forget about either of them. It's time US Christians took a stand and voted for neither of them. Instead you all argue over R and D like either one is worth your time.

Just my foreign opinion. I don't have a horse in this race apart from how it affects those of us from the rest of the world. trust me, Trump was not the representative you wanted for your country, regardless of party.

Agree with your comment that neither Republican nor democrat parties are good for the nation or world. But the reality at this point is that the USA is at a critical point and there is not time for a 3rd party. The 2 major parties have so many roadblocks for a 3rd party to get on ballots it will take several election cycles. No time for that worthy endeavor.

Democrats are anti-Christian, anti-free speech, anti-private property, and against the individual. They push for a dictatorial govt that squashed all dissent.

Already they censor, ban, cancel those who oppose them. For years they used the govt to ruin conservatives.

The fight isn’t R versus D, it’s the people versus the Democrats.

<>

On Trump, it’s interesting how foreigners who don’t live here or know the situation tell us Trump was not who we wanted.

Particularly after your earlier comments.

Trump was elected by conservatives as a vote against the Republican Party, in the R primary he was the total outsider in a sea of spineless establishment drones.

And in the 2016 general election he ran against Hilary Clinton, the most dishonest and reviled person in US politics.

In the 2020 election Trump won and the election was stolen. Everyone knows it, even if the won’t admit it. Nobody believes that literally senile shell of a man Biden won and got more votes then Obama.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
In the 2020 election Trump won and the election was stolen. Everyone knows it, even if the won’t admit it. Nobody believes that literally senile shell of a man Biden won and got more votes then Obama.

Heck yes we know it, and we have been waiting for our true President to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue with his loyal mobsters, cops, biker gangs, and the military with Mike the Crack Pillow guy in tow to arrest Biden and be sworn in by the Supreme Court that he mostly picked. It's past the 13th of August people. Where is our orange leader and friends? Why don't the "true" Patriots do anything? Are they chickens? That wasn't the determination I saw when they stormed the Capitol to kill the Vice President and over turn the results. Come on, show us what you got.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First, you don't know what a strawman arguement is. (snip)
uhmmm...actually this:

would most definitely fit the definition of a strawman argument
A variation on the selection form, or "weak man" argument, that combines with an ad hominem and fallacy of composition is nut picking, a neologism coined by Kevin Drum.[18] A combination of "nut" (i.e., insane person) and "cherry picking", as well as a play on the word "nitpicking," nut picking refers to intentionally seeking out extremely fringe, non-representative statements from or members of an opposing group and parading these as evidence of that entire group's incompetence or irrationality.[16]
Straw man - Wikipedia
your entire argument consists of your strawman that "all democrats believe this!" when in fact they don't.
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out)

Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

classical5

Aug 11, 2021
Florida
✟3,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
uhmmm...actually this:

would most definitely fit the definition of a strawman argument

Straw man - Wikipedia
your entire argument consists of your strawman that "all democrats believe this!" when in fact they don't.
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out)

what I listed was the Democrat party platform. That’s their statement of beliefs. If you support the democrat party then those are the positions you promote - knowingly or ignorantly, willingly or unwillingly, Democrat party supporters promote that agenda.

And they are all antithetical to Christianity. You cannot be a Christian and be in the Democrat party, they are mutually exclusive.

• Agree
Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
what I listed was the Democrat party platform. That’s their statement of beliefs. If you support the democrat party then those are the positions you promote - knowingly or ignorantly, willingly or unwillingly, Democrat party supporters promote that agenda.

And they are all antithetical to Christianity. You cannot be a Christian and be in the Democrat party, they are mutually exclusive.

This is the Democratic Party Platform Party Platform - Democrats

What you described is a misrepresentation based on your own biases and opinions.

I don’t care that you disagree with their platform or find it incompatible with your faith, but at least try to be honest with your representation. You can even quote directly from the link I gave you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip) You cannot be a Christian and be in the Democrat party, they are mutually exclusive.
Well that's not true, because I'm both a Christian and in the Democrat Party. Have been for decades.
tulc(is glad to clear up that misunderstanding classical5 had) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And in the 2016 general election he ran against Hilary Clinton, the most dishonest and reviled person in US politics.

What's dishonest about her? If she's so reviled, why did more people vote for her?

He got more votes than Trump, too!

Upvote 0

classical5

Aug 11, 2021
Florida
✟3,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
This is the Democratic Party Platform Party Platform - Democrats

What you described is a misrepresentation based on your own biases and opinions.

I don’t care that you disagree with their platform or find it incompatible with your faith, but at least try to be honest with your representation. You can even quote directly from the link I gave you.

Thanks for the latest DNC platform. Too bad you did not read it. Better go read it.

But thanks for sending the link, as I read it I found I missed one great big item - gun control. It includes the usual platitudes about public safety that they have groaned out for the past 50 years and then repeat the same gun control measures that will form the basis of disarming Americans. Nothing sounds better to wanna-be tyrants than banning guns.

I stand by my previous statements. Democrats want unrestricted abortion, partial birth abortion, disarming America, the removal of Christianity, etc.

• Agree
Upvote 0

classical5

Aug 11, 2021
Florida
✟3,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Well that's not true, because I'm both a Christian and in the Democrat Party. Have been for decades.
tulc(is glad to clear up that misunderstanding classical5 had) :oldthumbsup:

You may have accepted Jesus as your savior, but if you promote Democrat party policies than you are working against Christianity and advancing an agenda that is against Christ. When you stand before Jesus at the Bema Seat you will answer for your actions.

Do you honestly believe Jesus would support unrestricted abortion, the whole life approach to ranking and discriminating against people, same sex marriage, LGBT lifestyles, and racism? Just to name a few items.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the latest DNC platform. Too bad you did not read it. Better go read it.

But thanks for sending the link, as I read it I found I missed one great big item - gun control. It includes the usual platitudes about public safety that they have groaned out for the past 50 years and then repeat the same gun control measures that will form the basis of disarming Americans. Nothing sounds better to wanna-be tyrants than banning guns.

I stand by my previous statements. Democrats want unrestricted abortion, partial birth abortion, disarming America, the removal of Christianity, etc.
I read it. Are you sure you did? You are still putting your own biased spin on it and pretty much making stuff up that is not in there. And really, what is unchristian about gun control laws?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.