Christian Deism Faith Group Forum

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
I am formally requesting a Christian Deism Faith Group Forum. There are several of us on the site and we are not represented in either forum or icon.
Not going to happen as the nicene creed which is the standard for faith groups here proclaims Jesus as God and Christian Deists do not do so if I understand the definition of their beliefs. I believe they would fall into the unorthodox theology section of this board.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Your not considered Christian are you?
I currently consider myself a Deist and as such no I do not consider myself a Christian.

Upvote 0

Krissy Cakes

Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 5, 2008
Idaho
✟91,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where would you put yourself?

deism-

The belief, based solely on reason, in a God who created the universe and then abandoned it, assuming no control over life, exerting no influence on natural phenomena, and giving no supernatural revelation.

How can this be?!?! I mean come on? :confused:

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2013
✟19,178.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Where would you put yourself?

deism-

The belief, based solely on reason, in a God who created the universe and then abandoned it, assuming no control over life, exerting no influence on natural phenomena, and giving no supernatural revelation.

How can this be?!?! I mean come on? :confused:

That's not the best definition of deism. At its core, deism is simply a philosophy that considers the idea of the divine solely with rational means and not religious tradition. Many of the founders of the US were deists, such as Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and Thomas Paine.

"Deism is the belief that reason and observation of the natural world are sufficient to determine the existence of a Creator, accompanied with the rejection of authority as a source of religious knowledge. Deism gained prominence in the 17th and 18th centuries during the Age of Enlightenment—especially in Britain, France, Germany, and the United States—among intellectuals raised as Christians who believed in one god, but found fault with organized religion and did not believe in supernatural events such as miracles, the inerrancy of scriptures, or the Trinity."

- Wikipedia

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums