West Coast
✟37,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The way of God is arranged marriage, not dating. I don't mean the parents deciding who you should marry, although God uses that. I mean, He arranges the marriage by choosing your mate for you.

How does that come about? As Pastor Nelson said in his Song of Solomon series, "Run after God as fast as you can, then look to your side to see who is running with you."

Practically that means, be involved with people who are pursuing the Lord and God will have the right one cross your path and will let you know it.
Thank you Alex. I'm not familiar with Paster Nelson, but there's wisdom in obeying God, as Nelson's quote depicts.

2 Timothy 2:22 So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.​

As for a true believer in Christ, I agree that in God's perfect timing He will place a mate into their path or bless them with the gift of singleness.

People are lying to themselves when they put worldly acceptance, personal pleasure, and carnal desires of the flesh above God's plan for His children. Dating doesn't appear to be in God's plan as revealed in His word to us. People who have a checklist of spousal attributes elevate their interests above those of God, and that's idolatry.

Colossians 3:5 Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
It is God who brings the perfect match He has created to you. Going out to search or find a husband or wife is going against God's plan of creation. Remember that after Adam realized his loneliness, God did not give him a chance to look for a companion, but put him in a deep sleep and made him a mate. God did not tell Adam to go look for a partner.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you Alex. I'm not familiar with Paster Nelson, but there's wisdom in obeying God, as Nelson's quote depicts.

2 Timothy 2:22 So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.​

As for a true believer in Christ, I agree that in God's perfect timing He will place a mate into their path or bless them with the gift of singleness.

People are lying to themselves when they put worldly acceptance, personal pleasure, and carnal desires of the flesh above God's plan for His children. Dating doesn't appear to be in God's plan as revealed in His word to us. People who have a checklist of spousal attributes elevate their interests above those of God, and that's idolatry.

Colossians 3:5 Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
It is God who brings the perfect match He has created to you. Going out to search or find a husband or wife is going against God's plan of creation. Remember that after Adam realized his loneliness, God did not give him a chance to look for a companion, but put him in a deep sleep and made him a mate. God did not tell Adam to go look for a partner.

Wow. Very well said, Aabbie!

• Friendly
Reactions: Aabbie James
Upvote 0