La
✟8,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does anyone one know a good dating site with proper Christians on it?
I would stay away from them. I tried them a few years ago. They are not that great. I would not meet people offline either. You can't trust people on the internet. You can do what youayou want but I would not recommend those sites. You have a better chance developing a relationship with God and the holy spirit. Or pray to God and ask him to send you someone right for you. I think being single is better because you can focus on yourself until you finally meet the one for you. You will be ready.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
It has been a long time since I have tried dating sites.

The free or cheap ones seems to just attract people who aren't likely to be a good person to be in a relationship with. I've found that most people on dating sites are either just looking for an easy way to meet up for sex or to play with no serious intentions, or they are so picky no one is good enough for them. This has been true even of Christian sites. I've had Christian men stop talking to me because I was upfront about not wanting sex and not drinking on dates when I don't know someone well.

I think that you could have better luck with ones you pay, and the higher the cost, the more likely the quality of matching and filtering will be good. I didn't have much luck with it either though because my socioeconomic status wasn't good enough or my life wasn't perfect enough. Even a few of those didn't like me because of my sexual or alcohol boundaries.

Some Christian men got bent out of shape because I let them know upfront I'm not looking for someone to take control of my children's upbringing. Some men get kind of weird about that. I'm barely getting to know a guy and trying to figure out if I even like him, and there he is telling me how he's going to "handle" my boys even though he's never met them and sometimes hadn't even been told their names yet.

Yeah, no thanks. I'm good.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟948,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
@Lewalix What do you mean by “proper Christians?”

I think that you could have better luck with ones you pay, and the higher the cost, the more likely the quality of matching and filtering will be good.

I think there’s some truth in that statement. The general populace is too varied. I believe you can find genuine souls if you’re willing to look. But it may take awhile.

There was a time when I considered prospects I encountered on a forum. But I’ve grown a lot and the gulf is too wide. I need someone where I am or where I’m heading. The narrowing happened on its own.

In my experience, there are many men willing to provide for their lady. That’s all I’ve dated and I didn’t require their assistance. I’ve helped women find the same. The constants they sought were respect and kindness. The unspoken was admiration and encouragement.

They didn’t care what you had. Their concern was your attitude and heart and how you used what you’ve been given. Men are wrestling with a lot today. They’re beaten down in society and the butt of jokes. Most need a gentle touch and reassurance of their worthiness and potential.

Women must guard against hardening and jadedness. They can see it and encounter the same elsewhere. They want the difference. A loving and tenderhearted woman. Attracting the sort I described requires softness and agreeableness.

~Bella

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟948,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've yet to find one

You could start a thread for singles with disabilities. I’ve seen good pairings in the past. They didn’t have the same issue. But the empathy and support were usually greater. I wouldn’t limit it to disabilities. I’d include others with physical, mental and medical challenges.

~Bella

Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Does anyone one know a good dating site with proper Christians on it?
Christian Cafe. I found quality Christians there and have gone on dates with depth and have done some bible studies with Christians through there. I've made some deep friendships and also was responsible for one of my friends finding her husband within the first week. The downside is the technology is outdated, you can only post three pictures, and there may be some distance if you're outside of a major city.

Upward is a new one that I heard about this year and seems to be growing. There's potential on that site. I'm sure there are more benefits if you pay membership with either of them but I have been using free days or the free version.

Upvote 0