Servatude

Aug 11, 2012
Miami, Fl
✟15,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello Family, I am a young man who is actively looking for a godly christian female to court or date. I have been having a dilemma as for whether or not I should go for women that I have been normally attracted to all my life.

Just to give you a little background of myself, I was recently set free of a 10 year inappropriate contentography and masturbation addiction (almost a year of being free). After watching countless inappropriate content flicks for almost a decade, I have a preference for women with large breasts and a big buttocks. It's very difficult to look past body type. I have been conditioned to like a certain body type almost all my life and it's very difficult to change what I am attracted to. I am afraid that I maybe overlooking the perfect women for me all because she doesn't have the body type I am normally attracted to.

Am I sinning when I only want a female of a certain body type?

*Please, don't judge me or call me shallow. Women reject men for height and looks all the time. Let's face it, dating/courting is very discriminatory.

DarkSoul999

Aug 5, 2017
New Britain
✟37,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You would be really sinning if you started looking at other women because you didn't marry exactly who you wanted...am I right or am I right? :sorry:

God states very clearly that you get to choose one woman and then you don't ever get to have sexual desire for any other or it will qualify as adultery and/or fornication. So the answer is pretty clear: keep your standards high!

Upvote 0

Servatude

Aug 11, 2012
Miami, Fl
✟15,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You would be really sinning if you started looking at other women because you didn't marry exactly who you wanted...am I right or am I right?

Exactly! If I were to choose someone that I wasn't attracted to, I'm afraid that can open unwanted doors of temptation in my life, not that I would cheat (im a 25 year old virgin) but it can be a stumbling block. After marrying, I don't want to look back and regret that I didn't marry my "type". Or I don't want to keep looking at my "type" and wish that my wife had the same figure. I don't want to make my wife feel less than because she doesn't have the body that I am normally attracted to. I want her to feel beautiful.

Upvote 0
Nov 25, 2018
Gloversville
✟7,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Separated
Would you be sinning if The Lord had prepared an amazing woman suited specifically for your spiritual needs? Maybe, maybe not but it could be severely crippling to be outside of God's will.
I also have been delivered from adultery,lust, inappropriate contentography. In my infancy stages of Deliverance I found it an amazing blessing to not concern myself with looking for a woman period, instead focusing on building God's Kingdom, surrounding myself with men of God that are on fire for The Lord and passionate about people, and letting Him redevelop my thinking.
Be not confirmed to the world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

You said it yourself, your preference has been developed by inappropriate content. Dig deep into the word and let God redevelop you. Let your desires become His desires. Read and see what is His desire for your helpmate

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟149,066.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord.
1 Cor 7:39

You can marry anyone you wish, the only condition is that your partner must belong to the Lord (and she must not be divorced). Your preferences are not sin. On the other hand, as somebody said, your preferences can change in time.

• Agree
Reactions: S.O.J.I.A.
Upvote 0

Servatude

Aug 11, 2012
Miami, Fl
✟15,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Would you be sinning if The Lord had prepared an amazing woman suited specifically for your spiritual needs? Maybe, maybe not but it could be severely crippling to be outside of God's will.
I also have been delivered from adultery,lust, inappropriate contentography. In my infancy stages of Deliverance I found it an amazing blessing to not concern myself with looking for a woman period, instead focusing on building God's Kingdom, surrounding myself with men of God that are on fire for The Lord and passionate about people, and letting Him redevelop my thinking.

You said it yourself, your preference has been developed by inappropriate content. Dig deep into the word and let God redevelop you. Let your desires become His desires. Read and see what is His desire for your helpmate

Your right, I just got delivered that is probably the reason I cling to those desires. It will take time for God to transform and renew my mind.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Servatude

Aug 11, 2012
Miami, Fl
✟15,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
...she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord.
1 Cor 7:39

You can marry anyone you wish, the only condition is that your partner must belong to the Lord (and she must not be divorced). Your preferences are not sin. On the other hand, as somebody said, your preferences can change in time.

Yes, and I am open for change.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sinning? Probably not. Missing God's best for you? Quite possibly.

Even when you are finally married, you will still find other women to be very appealing. You will need more than just her initial appeal to have a deep and abiding marriage, though.

If you let God lead in that area, you won't be disappointed by her looks (even if she isn't a cheerleader). That's just how God rolls.

Upvote 0

JesusYeshuaisLord

Jun 7, 2018
Auckland
✟15,257.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello Family, I am a young man who is actively looking for a godly christian female to court or date. I have been having a dilemma as for whether or not I should go for women that I have been normally attracted to all my life.

Just to give you a little background of myself, I was recently set free of a 10 year inappropriate contentography and masturbation addiction (almost a year of being free). After watching countless inappropriate content flicks for almost a decade, I have a preference for women with large breasts and a big buttocks. It's very difficult to look past body type. I have been conditioned to like a certain body type almost all my life and it's very difficult to change what I am attracted to. I am afraid that I maybe overlooking the perfect women for me all because she doesn't have the body type I am normally attracted to.

*Please, don't judge me or call me shallow. Women reject men for height and looks all the time. Let's face it, dating/courting is very discriminatory.

I find this very helpful and enlightening: The Mingling of Souls (2015) Matt Chandler - RightNow Media I tried to find a youtube version but couldn't. I got free access to right now media through my church maybe you can find more through your church?
One of the basic things I remembered from this is: Physical attraction is good but you've gotta go past it too. If the girl is just pretty but has no godly character or even moral values, especially close to your values then it's a red flag.
I would also recommend this: TVC: Resources from A Beautiful Design It will be ESPECIALLY HELPFUL if you think you are going to stop loving your wife if you don't marry the type you like. This is a heart issue not a type issue.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No. The more body types you like, the more options you have, but that's not a moral duty. Don't try and force it.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟906,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is nothing wrong with having a preferred body type, but I hope you will keep your heart open while waiting and searching for the woman you will want to marry.

When you do finally fall in love with the right woman you will find her more and more attractive even if she didn't hit all the marks on you body type dream list If you limit yourself to that one body type you may be overlooking a wonderful match.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Also remember that her body (and yours) aren't guaranteed to stay in the same shape for the rest of your lives, so you better connect on a deeper level at some point.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married

When it comes to women and marriage, body types have nothing at all to do with happiness. One chooses a woman for her body type only if one is self-centered and ego driven. And the marriage won't last.

The best woman for marriage is one you can talk to and with, share similar interests, and trust your kingdom and life with. What she looks like pales in comparison to these things.

In this day and age, one can have all the sex they want without having to marry anyone. Marriage is now an institution in which people enter into not just for the sex, but because they want to share their entire lives with each other.

Upvote 0

DarkSoul999

Aug 5, 2017
New Britain
✟37,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

It's more about looking at the overall picture. If she is 700 lbs or missing teeth due to a meth addiction then we can be pretty sure that this person is not capable of good spiritual guidance at this current time in her life. Looks are not everything but sometimes they give hints and red flags.

However, if we are rejecting a woman because her breast size isn't what we hope for then we are being childish and really need to get some sense of perspective.

• Agree
Upvote 0