Servatude

Aug 11, 2012
Miami, Fl
✟15,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello Family, I am a young man who is actively looking for a godly christian female to court or date. I have been having a dilemma as for whether or not I should go for women that I have been normally attracted to all my life.

Just to give you a little background of myself, I was recently set free of a 10 year inappropriate contentography and masturbation addiction (almost a year of being free). After watching countless inappropriate content flicks for almost a decade, I have a preference for women with large breasts and a big buttocks. It's very difficult to look past body type. I have been conditioned to like a certain body type almost all my life and it's very difficult to change what I am attracted to. I am afraid that I maybe overlooking the perfect women for me all because she doesn't have the body type I am normally attracted to.

Am I sinning when I only want a female of a certain body type?

*Please, don't judge me or call me shallow. Women reject men for height and looks all the time. Let's face it, dating/courting is very discriminatory.

• Prayers
Reactions: Jordan_cg

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It will take additional time to undo the mentally ingrained body type preferences; transformation and "renewing of the mind" doesn't end after a certain time. Just because you're not engaging in inappropriate content behavior doesn't mean your mind has been wiped clean after 10 years of continuous brainwashing, but rather it would be wise to go before the Lord regarding this. Be honest with Him and He will help you.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We all have preferences, but when the right person comes along your preferences tend to go out the window. If they are the one form you, you will forget about what you wanted. God knows better about who we need instead of what we think we need.

I always pictured myself with a blue-eyed, redhead with an average build. Instead God sent me a very short asian girl from another country. Despite having some flaws (well we all do), shes perfect! I'm glad I didn't marry someone that I thought was right. And lets not forget the person we pick will age and if your into specifics, it all changes over time. Hair turns gray, things begin to wrinkle and sag. Everything changes.

Upvote 0

Shaun Kennedy

Nov 17, 2018
Kelso, WA
Visit site
✟16,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
This is complicated. So, to start, I don't believe in "the one." I was recently lamenting the fact I didn't take an opportunity to move to Canada when I was 21. Someone then commented that I didn't meet my wife until I was 23, and asked if it would have been worth being alone. I said, "No. But I would have met and married someone else."

Remember that when you get married, it's for the long haul. Whatever it is your are marrying her for today, it could change. Marrying her because she has all the right curves in all the right places? That will probably change. Marrying her because she's very conservative? That will probably change. Marrying her because she's the kind of girl no one else wants? That will probably change.

That said, you can't predict what will change, when, or why. You can't predict what will change about her or you. So marry someone for whom the most changes (physical, mental, and spiritual) will have the least impact on your attraction to them. Someone where it's okay if she puts on the weight because she's also got that sense of humor, and it's okay if she loses the sense of humor because she's got the right kind of adventurous spirit, etc.

Upvote 0