WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Thank you to everyone for the great suggestions. Now I’ve got lots to listen to when I go out and start snow plowing this morning. Sad that church cancelled all services today but it is terrible weather out there.

You're welcome. Glad to be of help. :)

Sorry about your church services being cancelled due to weather, and hope you will be able to go next Sunday.

Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
You should check “Whosoever South” out. Very unique music but they really tackle some troubling issues. Worth a listening to I think.

I got a chance to listen to a little bit of their music. Sounds like a mixture of hip-hop and country: that's quite a combo! But the styles work well together. I liked what I heard and will listen to more when I get a chance. I'm always on the lookout for unique and unusual sounds in the realm of music. Thanks for the information on them.

And speaking of a unique style blends, here's one for you to check out when you get time. I heard this on a Christian radio station in the '90s. The format of the station was progressive Christian contemporary aimed at teens and young adults (I was a young adult at the time), and it was quite a surprise for me to hear this gem in their lineup! There's even yodeling!! I think you'll like it too! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Eph. 2:10
Upvote 0

Eph. 2:10

Jan 17, 2019
NY
✟8,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I got a chance to listen to a little bit of their music. Sounds like a mixture of hip-hop and country: that's quite a combo! But the styles work well together. I liked what I heard and will listen to more when I get a chance. I'm always on the lookout for unique and unusual sounds in the realm of music. Thanks for the information on them.

And speaking of a unique style blends, here's one for you to check out when you get time. I heard this on a Christian radio station in the '90s. The format of the station was progressive Christian contemporary aimed at teens and young adults (I was a young adult at the time), and it was quite a surprise for me to hear this gem in their lineup! There's even yodeling!! I think you'll like it too! :)

I like how they incorporate the old spirituals in the music as well. Unique for sure.

Reactions: WannaWitness
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: Eph. 2:10
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
The following artist, Andy Landis, has only one album to her credit that I know of and doesn't seem to be too well-known. I bought a tape of it in the '90s, but could not find uploads of any of the separate tracks from the album until a week or two ago. Here are some of my favorite tracks from this album.

There is another song I really like from the album, called Measure of a Man, but unfortunately it has not been uploaded to YT as a separate track. However, it is on an upload of the entire album that I discovered about a year ago, and they were not uploaded as separate tracks. You can easily locate it by putting the words "andy landis stranger" in the YT search bar; it's the first one listed. The song Measure of a Man starts roughly at 11:49 and ends roughly on 15:06.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Hi... here I am again!

I don't know if the OP is still looking for more Christian country; if so, I had another favorite come to my mind. This one, in particular, has a great message in that just when we start complaining about our problems, we stop and think that ours are small compared with others who have it worse.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums