Feb 24, 2007
✟14,230.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Homosexuals forcing more things down Christians throats.

A Christian counselor in the U.K. was fired after he refused to provide sexual advice to homosexual couples.

Gary McFarlane, a psychosexual therapist for the national counseling service Relate, told his employer his Christian faith prevented him from promoting homosexual sex. Fellow counselors claimed McFarlane was homophobic, and he was suspended and later terminated.

McFarlane is taking his case to court.

Bruce Hausknecht, judicial analyst for Focus on the Family Action, said America already has seen similar situations.

"Counselors, doctors, adoption services — even wedding photographers — have learned the hard way they cannot say 'no' to homosexuality, even though it violates their deeply held religious beliefs," he said. "The erosion of religious liberty in this country will only become more pronounced under an Obama administration, which promises the elimination of the Defense of Marriage Act and the passage of so-called 'nondiscrimination' and 'hate crimes' laws — all of which are high on the wish list of homosexual-activist organizations."

Thanks,
TT

D.W.Washburn

The Artist Formerly Known as RegularGuy
Mar 31, 2007
United States
✟17,408.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
If the counselor was not doing his job according to his employer's standards, then his employer was within its rights to fire him.

If the requirements of his job conflicted with his faith, he should not have taken the job in the first place.

This seems to be about job performance and not discrimination.

It would be interesting to know how many of the counselor's co-workers self-identify as Christians.

Upvote 0

OllieFranz

Jul 2, 2007
✟23,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wonder why a Christian who feels so strongly about certain sexual issues would have taken a job as a relationship counsellor with a title like "psychosexual therapist" in the first place, unless it was specifically to force the issue. Would he have encouraged a non-married heterosexual couple to work out their sexual issues, or would his conscience have balked then, too?

The service must allow anyone who qualifies for its services recieve them. If one of the counsellors is drawing a full salary and refuses to give full service, he is stealing from his employer and should be terminated so that the company can fill the position with someone who keeps his commitments.

• Prayers
Reactions: Salvadore
Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time
Jan 19, 2005
Right in front of you *waves*
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't think this has anything to do with the counselor's faith, or the couple's sexual orientation, but it's simply about an employer refusing to do his job... If some atheist counselor randomly refused to serve heterosexual couples the situation would be identical, I'm sure he would be fired too.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wonder whether the counselor would also refuse to give sexual advice to a divorcee/remarried? I would say not since this is not even regarded an issue by the majority of Christians even though it is anti-Jesus' teaching. As we already know, there is much selectivity and hypocrisy within Christian circles.

I agree wholeheartedly with the previous three posts which have all but debunked the OP and his obsessive anti-homosexual agenda.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Salvadore
Upvote 0

HappyHealthyHolyRoller

Jul 27, 2006
Somewhere over the rainbow
✟352.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
I subscribe to a Christian newsletter. In this newsletter, the editor listed about 50 instances where the gay community persecuted doctors, civil employees, lawyers and so fourth for all kinds of things related to these enemies of God not getting their way.
There was the instance where the doctor was sued because he refused to inseminate a lesbian on his religious grounds. These assaults on our liberty and our freedom by these enemies of God's must stop at once!
There will not be peace until we delouse our society of them.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I subscribe to a Christian newsletter. In this newsletter, the editor listed about 50 instances where the gay community persecuted doctors, civil employees, lawyers and so fourth for all kinds of things related to these enemies of God not getting their way.
There was the instance where the doctor was sued because he refused to inseminate a lesbian on his religious grounds. These assaults on our liberty and our freedom by these enemies of God's must stop at once!
There will not be peace until we delouse our society of them.

Your ungodly and trashy rant above is unworthy of response.

However, I draw your attention to a question I asked of you elsewhere and which you conveniently ignored. I've also alluded to the same issue on this thread. Where do YOU sit from your (self)righteous perch in regard to divorcees/remarrieds? You have thousands of examples within your midst of blatant adultery going on under the noses of some very devout Christians. According to 'the rules' these people - these ADULTERERS! - are most assuredly enemies of God and you and others stand idly by and allow it. It's absolutely shocking and an affront to God!

What do you plan on doing about it, HHHR? Or, is that one too hard for you ...? I DO realize that going after homosexuals is much more popular and a lot more fun, but ...hey . . . :)

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

I would sexual advice to homosexual couples, give it up :)
The guy has honoured God and I trust and pray God will provide him with a better job.
I hope there are enough gays and lesbians to take over all the jobs Christians are starting to have to give up because of them. :) (there are more Christians in the world than gays and lesbians.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

*Starlight*

Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Seems Godly enough to me.
Hmm... So your personal interpretation of "loving your neighbor" is "delousing the society of people who don't share your religious beliefs"? :o

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

To *Starlight*
Hmm... So your personal interpretation of "loving your neighbor" is "delousing the society of people who don't share your religious beliefs"?
I don’t have a personal interpretation of ‘loving your neighbour’, I seek to follow what Jesus taught about who my neighbour is and how to love them. Also my religious beliefs are Christian and Christian views don’t delouse people. Can you be a little specific in what you mean?

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
To *Starlight*
I don’t have a personal interpretation of ‘loving your neighbour’, I seek to follow what Jesus taught about who my neighbour is and how to love them. Also my religious beliefs are Christian and Christian views don’t delouse people. Can you be a little specific in what you mean?[/color]
Well, you said that the post in which HappyHealthyHolyRoller advocated delousing the society of homosexuals was Godly...

Upvote 0
C

catlover

Homosexuals forcing more things down Christians throats.

A Christian counselor in the U.K. was fired after he refused to provide sexual advice to homosexual couples.

Gary McFarlane, a psychosexual therapist for the national counseling service Relate, told his employer his Christian faith prevented him from promoting homosexual sex. Fellow counselors claimed McFarlane was homophobic, and he was suspended and later terminated.

McFarlane is taking his case to court.

Bruce Hausknecht, judicial analyst for Focus on the Family Action, said America already has seen similar situations.

"Counselors, doctors, adoption services — even wedding photographers — have learned the hard way they cannot say 'no' to homosexuality, even though it violates their deeply held religious beliefs," he said. "The erosion of religious liberty in this country will only become more pronounced under an Obama administration, which promises the elimination of the Defense of Marriage Act and the passage of so-called 'nondiscrimination' and 'hate crimes' laws — all of which are high on the wish list of homosexual-activist organizations."

Thanks,
TT

Thanks TT this solidified who I am voting for on the 4th...Obama...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

texastig

The diablo is in the phone booth dialing 911
Feb 24, 2007
✟14,230.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks TT this solidified who I am voting for on the 4th...Obama...

Because of that I'm voting for McCain/Palin.
1Cor 6:9
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,

Thanks,
TT

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I would sexual advice to homosexual couples, give it up :)
The guy has honoured God and I trust and pray God will provide him with a better job.
I hope there are enough gays and lesbians to take over all the jobs Christians are starting to have to give up because of them. :) (there are more Christians in the world than gays and lesbians.

Hallelujah. His situation makes me think about what God's Word says in Matthew 5:11-12 11"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
We need more folks who are willing to take a stand on God's Word.

And frankly,this is religious discrimination. Unless Relate told him before they hired him that he had to provide services for everyone no matter what, then they are in trouble.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,895.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hallelujah. His situation makes me think about what God's Word says in Matthew 5:11-12 11"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

We need more folks who are willing to take a stand on God's Word.

And frankly,this is religious discrimination. Unless Relate told him before they hired him that he had to provide services for everyone no matter what, then they are in trouble.

indeed it is religious discrimination.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟590,115.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
From the Dailymail.co.uk

Fellow counsellors complained about Mr McFarlane's views, alleging he was homophobic, and he was suspended last December by his manager.

After three weeks, he was reinstated and had to promise to abide by Relate's equal opportunities policy, with the proviso, he claims, that he could raise issues in the future.

Following further complaints, however, he was told that he would face a disciplinary hearing because managers at Relate Avon no longer believed he intended to uphold the policy. He was dismissed and his appeal was rejected.
So:

1: His FELLOW counselors complained.
2: He was reinstated on the proviso that he "…promise to abide by Relate’s equal opportunities policy…"
3: Following further complaints, however, he was told that he would face a disciplinary hearing because managers at Relate Avon no longer believed he intended to uphold the policy.
4: Following the disciplinary hearing he was sacked.

This is a straight forward case of someone not doing what he was hired to do and then complaining that he was discriminated against by being sacked for that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0