Christian Celebrities - False Prophets or a good Inspiration for Thousands?

Joshua E.

Aug 20, 2019
Cologne
✟3,738.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

This seems to be a a neverending controversial issue between Christian:

Can Celebrities who are working in Hollywood/Music Industry be saved or are they Demon Possessed and Lost automatically.

Check out my newest Video and tell me what you think about this topic.

Be blessed!

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Are we talking about celebrities who happen to be Christians (such as Chris Pratt) or Christian celebrities (such as Kirk Cameron)?

If the former, honestly, I've had my fill of them. If the latter... actually, I've had my fill of them too.

Hollywood Celebrity X- "Oh yes, I'm a Christian. But I also support [Insert popular leftwing cause here] because I [Insert virtue signally comment of the day here]."

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,101.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Can Celebrities who are working in Hollywood/Music Industry be saved or are they Demon Possessed and Lost automatically.

Be blessed!
I think it's quite possible that there is some Christians involved in the movie/music industry and it doesn't mean they are living a decadent hedonistic lifestyle. It's not an industry I would like to be involved in, but in some ways it's no different to the general world we live in which is grossly immoral. It could be a good opportunity to be an effective witness to people, by living a righteous & Godly life. Remember Lot lived in Sodom and was grieved (2 Peter 2:7-8).

Upvote 0

Joshua E.

Aug 20, 2019
Cologne
✟3,738.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It’s a 23 minute and some seconds video. Rather have a rundown. And yes there are people that are Christian celebrities.
Yes, it's more like a documentary. But I wanted to show the way he went trough..like it says in the topic 'from Bad Boy to Christ Follower'..it was important for me to show him confessing not only to God, but to Jesus and that he did that more than once. Because many Christians are judging and I understand that. But shouldn't it be our job to encourage each other and to pray for each other instead of judging?

Upvote 0

Joshua E.

Aug 20, 2019
Cologne
✟3,738.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Are we talking about celebrities who happen to be Christians (such as Chris Pratt) or Christian celebrities (such as Kirk Cameron)?

If the former, honestly, I've had my fill of them. If the latter... actually, I've had my fill of them too.

Hollywood Celebrity X- "Oh yes, I'm a Christian. But I also support [Insert popular leftwing cause here] because I [Insert virtue signally comment of the day here]."
I know what you mean. Well for me personally Chris Pratt seems to be honest and serious in his faith! I don't know about Kirk Cameron - never heard about him being a Christian and confess it. I think there comes the time in which all of them have to decide between worldly desires and God..but this does not only apply for Celebrities but for each of us. This is why we have to stick together as Christians in this hard times that want to ban God out of their life and even out of our lifes!

Upvote 0

Joshua E.

Aug 20, 2019
Cologne
✟3,738.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think it's quite possible that there is some Christians involved in the movie/music industry and it doesn't mean they are living a decadent hedonistic lifestyle. It's not an industry I would like to be involved in, but in some ways it's no different to the general world we live in which is grossly immoral. It could be a good opportunity to be an effective witness to people, by living a righteous & Godly life. Remember Lot lived in Sodom and was grieved (2 Peter 2:7-8).
I totally aggree. Sometimes it is hard to confess the faith. At least I can say that I am sometimes afraid to do. But why? To less trust in God? Like the Bible says: If God is for you, who can be against you? So for me it is powerful to see others confessing to God and see them struggle with some similar problems. It encourages me and I know that I become braver when my relationship to Jesus gets deeper! It is so much better now than it was a few years ago but for me it's a process and I want to be prepared for the last days, because I am sure that Jesus is coming back soon!

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Neither. They can be saved, but at the end of the day celebrities are just people like you and me. And people are apt to let you down. They have their own crosses to bear. Instead, our inspiration should be found in the creator.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
There's nothing inherently evil about acting. I bet most people did it as children at times for fun, or in school plays growing up. Most of us don't make a career out of it, but there's nothing inherently evil about acting.

The same is true for music. Music is actually quite beautiful and touches our hearts and emotions in a powerful way. Most of us aren't talented enough to become musicians, but I suspect virtually all of us enjoy music.

Of course people who work as actors and musicians can love the Lord. They can do it just as well as every other person involved in both blue collar and white collar work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Be blessed!
I don't think being a celebrity disallows a person from being a Christian per se. But as Jesus said to the rich man to give up all his possessions and follow him I think it makes it harder to be a Christian. You cannot serve two masters God and money or power positions or celeb status. All these situations make it harder to not put other distractions before God. It doesn't mean a person cant have self-control and put God first. But the very act of doing so would require a person to give up most of those distractions so it is sort of paradoxical existence.

Reactions: Joshua E.
Upvote 0