North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I like to read Christian biographies as well. Some of my two favorites are "A Chance to Die" by Elisabeth Elliot (biography of Amy Charmichael) and "The Heavenly Man" by Brother Yun. I also like Hudson Taylor, Jonathan Edwards, George Whitefield, and George Muller. I like reading about missionaries a lot.

You might also like Port of Two Brothers by Paul L. Schlener then. The story of two missionary brothers and their families in the Amazon from the 50's-90's. Warning it can be quite 'harrowing' reading.

Upvote 0

Charles Trevier

Sep 11, 2017
Chandler
✟17,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've recently become interested in Christian biographies...I've only read a few so far, but would love to read more..

So...anyone ever read any? Recommendations?

Thanks much!
Charles Treviers WHY? is a good book its about Spiritual gifts and Gods supernatural protection of them.

Upvote 0

Babe Ruth

Nov 10, 2017
Southeastern USA
✟55,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I'm a Protestant, with a lifelong interest in St. Francis of Assisi.

A good read is St. Francis of Assisi by Omer Englebert. I picked up a clean (small sized) paperback version several years back. Thorough accounting of St. Francis' life & beliefs. His life story never gets old to me..

Upvote 0

Athanasius7

Manalive
Mar 1, 2004
Hazard, Kentucky
Visit site
✟16,134.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm a Protestant, with a lifelong interest in St. Francis of Assisi.

A good read is St. Francis of Assisi by Omer Englebert. I picked up a clean (small sized) paperback version several years back. Thorough accounting of St. Francis' life & beliefs. His life story never gets old to me..

Have you read G.K. Chesterton's book on St. Francis?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Babe Ruth

Nov 10, 2017
Southeastern USA
✟55,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Have you read G.K. Chesterton's book on St. Francis?

No,.. should I (?) Is it a good one (?)

My interest in St Francis started with a childhood book. I've admired (& studied) him ever since.. If u see this post, let me know your thoughts on Chesterton's Francis bio.. thanks.

Upvote 0

Athanasius7

Manalive
Mar 1, 2004
Hazard, Kentucky
Visit site
✟16,134.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
No,.. should I (?) Is it a good one (?)

My interest in St Francis started with a childhood book. I've admired (& studied) him ever since.. If u see this post, let me know your thoughts on Chesterton's Francis bio.. thanks.

Nice. :) (Sort of describes how Chesterton also got interested in St. Francis).

As for his book, yes, it is a very good one. BTW, here are some quotes from it (and other interesting facts):

Last edited:
Upvote 0