Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank You :) It's cool you design fashion.
I like making jewelry although I am still a novice :)
I would love learn more as I just started wearing make-up at 38 years of age. Thank You and God Bless
Ronit

i woudl love to learn to make jewellery. i just been on a thread where a brother informed me how sinful all jewellery is, even wedding bands, so i suppose that is out. but i love the idea of it. woudl love to be able to sew but i am not good at it. i could see myself doing jewellery though. and of course, i paint and draw.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I didn’t restrict participation in this thread. I expected most comments would come from Christian singles and my goal was honesty.

While I didn’t challenge aesthetic preferences. I trusted both parties would have an opportunity to look beyond the obvious and go deeper.

My goal was realized in the Modesty thread.

While I am called to fashion design, I would like to go further than simple attire and leave a positive impact on my clientele and those I encounter.

If I can help someone recognize their beauty and celebrate the imperfections without shame. My desire to impart loveliness and nurture its presence within others will be fulfilled.

That requires more than pretty clothing or empty words. It takes someone speaking to the uncomfortable places within you and leading you towards the truth. One step at a time with gentleness and respect.

And maybe you’ll discover a few style and makeup tips along the way. That’s my aim. :)

~Bella

I had a peek at that thread befpore i joined here. i loved the pics you posted of various styles. so beautiful.

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Lizgee

May 18, 2020
Texas
✟9,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The issue of physical appearance was raised in a different thread and I thought it would be a great one to explore from a godly perspective. This question is open to both sexes. :)

What is your beauty standard?
What does healthy mean in your opinion?
Where are you struggling?

How can you share what you’ve learned without judgment? Are you doing it now?

What a great topic! I’ve loved reading the comments.

what is my beauty standard -
To put it simply, I find southern gentlemen who are on fire for the Lord especially attractive. Physically, of course. The morals, standards, values and manners are what I definitely find value in.

healthy means -
Having a dedicated walk with the Lord. Taking care of your body. Mental strength. Being whole in Christ.

where I struggle -
Currently healing from past hurt. I am climbing the mountain, but not over it quite yet.

I have learned that life groups are so important to the Christian’s life. I was involved in a fantastic group for a little over a year, but the fear of vulnerability set in and I ended up taking a break...I haven’t returned in close to a year. I know I need to, but being vulnerable is not a strength of mine. I’m working on it.

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
i woudl love to learn to make jewellery. i just been on a thread where a brother informed me how sinful all jewellery is, even wedding bands, so i suppose that is out. but i love the idea of it. woudl love to be able to sew but i am not good at it. i could see myself doing jewellery though. and of course, i paint and draw.
Wow! I don't think Jewelry is sinful at all. Unless is is Devilish or it competes in your worship of the Lord.
That's my 2 cents :)
Blessings
Ronit

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Wow! I don't think Jewelry is sinful at all. Unless is is Devilish or it competes in your worship of the Lord.
That's my 2 cents :)
Blessings
Ronit
As for wedding bands they are a must! I mean otherwise it just false advertisement. Know what I mean?

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,834.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
As for wedding bands they are a must! I mean otherwise it just false advertisement. Know what I mean?

Wedding bands are a custom, by no means universal; and there have historically been some Christians who refused to wear them because they're not Biblical.

I haven't worn mine for some time because it no longer fits and I can't afford to get it re-sized, but at some point I look forward to that changing.

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Wedding bands are a custom, by no means universal; and there have historically been some Christians who refused to wear them because they're not Biblical.

I haven't worn mine for some time because it no longer fits and I can't afford to get it re-sized, but at some point I look forward to that changing.
I get it. But As a Single woman, I really see it as false advertisement. A guy may feel the same way too. One day my mom didn't wear rings (arthritis) and she had a couple of guys flirt with her. Which she stopped and I stopped with a "Hey mom, Dad would love this new flashlight or tool etc.
The man wished us a good day and went to another cashier lane.
Embarrassing!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If a woman is fat, I cannot be attracted to her. If she doesn't care about herself, why should I? Just a small amount of cardio every day would put a massive dent in America's massive obesity problem. And it wouldn't be a massive time commitment.
fair enough. i am fat, very, but i completely get it that not everyone goes for that and that is fine! we all have our tastes. i will say i do think eating disorders of any kind, including obesity, the commonest one, are often more complex than simply not caring about oneself, but can se ho wit might come across that way. and there is nothign wrong with thinking that.
Fair enough. But at the end of the day, people are attracted to what they're attracted to. Boil everything else down and what people find attractive is a basic concept of someone who looks "healthy". Studies support this. Actually, they support a lot more than that but no need to fall down a rabbit hole there.

I got honeypotted by someone back in dating app days and I was kind of furious about it. I could only imagine how long she needed to take a picture from the perfect angle to conceal her weight. But people have a right to know who they're meeting. My friends and I eventually agreed to stop meeting women unless they posted a decent head-to-toe picture of themselves instead of the millions of tricks women use to hide in photos. That upset some women but I don't see it as my job to coddle their egos.

Of course, dating a Perfect 10 brings its own challenges.

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Fair enough. But at the end of the day, people are attracted to what they're attracted to. Boil everything else down and what people find attractive is a basic concept of someone who looks "healthy". Studies support this. Actually, they support a lot more than that but no need to fall down a rabbit hole there.

I got honeypotted by someone back in dating app days and I was kind of furious about it. I could only imagine how long she needed to take a picture from the perfect angle to conceal her weight. But people have a right to know who they're meeting. My friends and I eventually agreed to stop meeting women unless they posted a decent head-to-toe picture of themselves instead of the millions of tricks women use to hide in photos. That upset some women but I don't see it as my job to coddle their egos.

Of course, dating a Perfect 10 brings its own challenges.
Nobody is a Perfect 10. We are flawed humans :)

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Attraction can be a difficult topic for both sexes. But I think it’s important they’re willing to listen to one another to understand what each is seeking. Oftentimes we rely on information from our gender. But friends won’t view us in the manner the opposite sex will.
If you mean women going to men for dating advice and vice versa, I don't think I agree with that at all.

I have never received decent dating advice from women. I have never met a man who received decent dating advice from women. I've never heard of a man ever receiving decent dating advice from women.

I'm not sure if women ever seek men out for dating advice. And if they do, I have no idea if the advice they get is useful or not. But sooner will a camel pass through the eye of a needle than a woman will give a man decent dating advice. This I do affirm.

This holds true for both sexes. Accurate images and details is preferable. Both should include recent full length photos. Hopefully, they resemble the person in the image.
Let's hope. But honeypotting is something women do more than men.

More demands and resources.
The Perfect 10 that I was thinking of was not very pleasant to be around. Beauty was truly skin-deep in her case.

Upvote 0

HumbledByFaith

Jul 15, 2020
New Jersey
✟8,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is your beauty standard?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder who is the creator of all that is. I believe every person, animal, plant, etc that was created by God is beautiful and striking in their own way. Unfortunately, most people base beauty standards off of worldly and wicked celebrities, models, fashion designers, and the media.
Everyone is beautiful, but there are certain things that can make a person more “attractive/beautiful” in my opinion, though I am truly nobody to judge anybody’s beauty. I think a man or woman is extremely beautiful when they are modest; they don’t wear tight, revealing, or showy and expensive clothing that begs for attention. I think it’s beautiful when a man or woman keeps themselves clean, such as showering daily, brushing their hair and teeth daily, etc. I think a man or woman is extremely beautiful when they are doing service for God and being loving towards their fellow brothers and sisters. Being humble and not comparing yourself to others, or being proud of the way you look or dress. I also think that a natural and no makeup look is most beautiful. If we were meant to look the way we look with makeup, we would have been born that way and wouldn’t need it to look that way.

What does healthy mean in your opinion?

I often notice many people base health off of whether somebody is “skinny” or “fat”. Of course, weight is one measure of being in good health, but there are so many other things to having good health. Excercising, eating right, having clear skin, protecting your skin from the sun, good hygiene, staying away from stuff that can harm you such as nicotine, drugs, alcohol, etc., having good mental health and being able to handle your emotions and communicate with others, abstaining from sex and avoiding stds and viruses such as hepatitis and HIV/AIDS, being proactive and having yearly physicals and tests done to make sure everything is ok, having strong hair and nails, and many more things are signs of someone being in good health.

Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
My beauty standard is this: Physical attraction depends on where you look... For me, the eyes and face are the most stunning in a person and honestly, if you're looking at any other part of a woman, you're not looking where you should be (from a physical perspective). Obviously, you don't want someone who looks like they just don't care about themselves.

Healthy for me means physically active and diet based (I'm not a health freak but not a junky either)

I struggle with health that ironically, is invisible to the naked eye (which makes it worse for me). I'm fine physically with myself.

Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Honestly looks dont matter much to me at this point. I have been mentally and verbally abused, and ignored. Someone with a sweet and loving personality thats forgiving and not hateful of others would be great. A few things i still wouldnt like are tattoos, especially excessive tattoos. I dont have any and im not a fan of them or needles.

Healthy: To me its someone who is first and foremost committed to God. I know without God i and many others would be wasted away to unholy desires. Then comes physically, id say exercising and doing things outdoor sometimes is great as well as eating fruits and vegetables. Occasionally eating junk food isnt unhealthy to me but eating McDonald's everyday is not a good idea!!

I struggle with vices and addictions, anxiety and depression. I had many vices when i was a little younger...alcohol, weed, lustful thoughts and desires, cocaine, bad rap music, watching bad videos on the internet

The Lord has delivered me from most of them but i feel like hes making sure i learn a few more things before he completely delivers me

How can i share what i have learned without judgement? Well i know if i judge others that will delay the Lord from delivering me. I have had setbacks because of that. Truthfully i really love people and i would just like to let others know not to beat themselves up over their insecurities. We all have them, we all have shortcomings but i tell people never be embarrassed around me about anything

Upvote 0