Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
A scriptural view of christian beauty standards: Scriptures tell us to not get caught up in the things of this world. We are in the world, not of the world. We are vessels of the Holy Spirit of God.

Believing and following the risen Christ, our walk with Jesus, is, above all else, what Almighty God commands, for Jesus is LORD and Savior. God loves His children, the followers of Christ, the Body of Christ, the Bride of Christ, who is beautiful and without flaw:

• Song of Solomon 4:7 - You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you.
Christ looks at the hidden person of our hearts:
  • 1 Peter 3:3-4 - Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.
For the LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart.
  • Psalms 139:14 - I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
Blessed is the man who finds wisdom and gains understanding:
  • Proverbs 31:30 - Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
I totally Agree! Thank You for this Aabbie James :)

Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Besides aren't we supposed to put the flesh to death?
Our ability to recognize beauty in someone else's face or figure has something godly in it. I even think this is one of the most precious gifts we received from God. No, we are not pure spirits, we are not angels - but this very flesh, which may be the sign of our sin, our doom or whatever, is one of the most admirable things we will ever see on this earth. Admiring it, and contemplating beautiful faces is something close to praying to me, as it allows the amazement we feel when we contemplate our Creation. Beauty will never be vain, nor this thread is to me ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLSITD

Conservative Christian
Apr 26, 2020
Tennessee
✟22,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have never noticed myself more beautiful than when i had the first experience of being born again and became a new creation. That day i could see the glow on my face as though I was washed white as snow.

Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

TLSITD

Conservative Christian
Apr 26, 2020
Tennessee
✟22,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
(I had the same experience when I was born again. I had a light in my eyes and a glow to my face that I had never had before, which I can only describe as the light of Life and a holy glow. It was as if a lamp had been lit. I've had it ever since, and other people can see it too. Sometimes I can see the same thing in other people, and I can tell that they're Christians before they tell me.)

For me, a person's spirituality is the most attractive thing about them. I don't have an ideal for the outer man; I can't even imagine what that would be for me. The inside makes the outside attractive as well, for the love of the person inside.

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Our ability to recognize beauty in someone else's face or figure has something godly in it. I even think this is one of the most precious gifts we received from God. No, we are not pure spirits, we are not angels - but this very flesh, which may be the sign of our sin, our doom or whatever, is one of the most admirable things we will ever see on this earth. Admiring it, and contemplating beautiful faces is something close to praying to me, as it allows the amazement we feel when we contemplate our Creation. Beauty will never be vain, nor this thread is to me ;)
True, Ok I get that.

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Why did you reference scars and physical disabilities if the flesh is of no consequence? Why call attention to something that is decaying?

What your opening statement suggests is that physical imperfections diminish ones beauty and that isn’t the aim of this thread. It is the recognition of your loveliness and God’s handiwork inside and out.

The Old Testament gives no examples of heavenly discrimination based on appearance. It makes a point of noting beauty in four women. Which given the whole suggests that physical beauty wasn’t commonplace or a focus.

The decaying of flesh could become a viable excuse for poor nutrition, movement, and the absence of self-care. I don’t think God wants us to fixate on our appearance but neglect is equally grievous. We’re His temples after all.

~Bella
I happen to have surgery scars as well as a physical disabilities and when I saw some people speak about being too fat. Etc. How is that Biblical, yes I know it is fleshly sin to be overweight. I get that. It just seemed and I could be wrong, I beg your pardon. But it seemed to be more focused on the flesh.
It's not all about looks. But yes when the Holy Spirit is in someone it does radiate. :) But to be super focused on the physical I believe is a sin also.
My apologies if I misinterpreted this post.
Thank You
Thank You and Best Wishes

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I didn’t restrict participation in this thread. I expected most comments would come from Christian singles and my goal was honesty.

While I didn’t challenge aesthetic preferences. I trusted both parties would have an opportunity to look beyond the obvious and go deeper.

My goal was realized in the Modesty thread.

While I am called to fashion design, I would like to go further than simple attire and leave a positive impact on my clientele and those I encounter.

If I can help someone recognize their beauty and celebrate the imperfections without shame. My desire to impart loveliness and nurture its presence within others will be fulfilled.

That requires more than pretty clothing or empty words. It takes someone speaking to the uncomfortable places within you and leading you towards the truth. One step at a time with gentleness and respect.

And maybe you’ll discover a few style and makeup tips along the way. That’s my aim. :)

~Bella
Thank You :) It's cool you design fashion.
I like making jewelry although I am still a novice :)
I would love learn more as I just started wearing make-up at 38 years of age. Thank You and God Bless
Ronit

Upvote 0

barefeetonholyground

CF member for 15 years!
Oct 26, 2003
Kitsap County, Washington
✟34,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm happy to hear the Lord provided insight on your struggle and the discipline to address it. Congratulations on your weight loss! How are you progressing?
Still progressing nicely at 71 pounds lost!

God is opening your eyes and making you sensitive to your temple. It's a process and you're doing well. I'm glad to hear your husband supports the change and wish you continued success!

~Bella
Thank you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Answering my own question...

What is your beauty standard?

I prefer a classic feminine style for myself. Tasteful makeup and jewelry with knee length skirts and dresses. I’m a fan of ballet flats and heels. I choose quality over trends and use color analysis for my attire. No tattoos or additional piercings save my ears. I keep my hair shoulder length or longer.

I like a similar look for men. A well-fitting suit or tailored slacks is fine with a neat haircut. No tats or piercings.

I have a calling to fashion and may be more exacting than most. That’s why. ;-)

What does healthy mean in your opinion?

I think it’s a mindset and lifestyle. For me, good nutrition, exercise, beauty treatments, proper rest and weight maintenance. I think it’s important to nurture your spirit and address emotional upsets too. I emphasize peace and joy in my lifestyle. That keeps things balanced.

Where are you struggling?

I’ve been home for a long time and it’s easy to take shortcuts when you’re not going to an office each day. I felt a prod within when I read Lessons from Madame Chic a few years ago. I finally reached the point where I wanted to change.

I started working on a capsule and purging the clothes I never wear (and never will again). I challenged myself to focus on skirts and dresses with light makeup for daily use. I tried a new skincare and beauty line in response. I’m heading in the right direction now.

How can you share what you’ve learned without judgment? Are you doing it now?

There are mixed feelings around this subject. But we all want to look our best and I like to encourage it when possible. I’m happy to share tips too.

Your clothing and jewellery tastes seem a lot like mine. except am more into maxi dresses/skirts than knee length. but the rest of it is pretty much me. hair usually shoulder length but in march i went chin length layered bob. i dont think suits me so am growing to shoulders again.. i cannot usually grow it longer than that, due to texture. i do use a lot of coconut oil on it to help with that though.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If a woman is fat, I cannot be attracted to her. If she doesn't care about herself, why should I? Just a small amount of cardio every day would put a massive dent in America's massive obesity problem. And it wouldn't be a massive time commitment.

fair enough. i am fat, very, but i completely get it that not everyone goes for that and that is fine! we all have our tastes. i will say i do think eating disorders of any kind, including obesity, the commonest one, are often more complex than simply not caring about oneself, but can se ho wit might come across that way. and there is nothign wrong with thinking that.

• Winner
Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hadn’t considered this but I can the same. I’m most attracted to the facial contrasts in gentlemen that I have myself. How uncanny.

I agree. Both are important. But I don’t believe we can neglect our physical form in deference to the inner. I want to honor the Lord inside out. :)

I’m sorry to hear that. Cold brewed coffee is less upsetting to the stomach. I make my own and use a ratio of 1 cup of coarse ground coffee to 3 cups of water. I let it sit for 24 to 48 hours in the refrigerator. You can make it in a French press. The cleanup is easier.

That creates the concentrate. Some dilute with water. I don’t. It has more kick. ;-)

Thank you for the compliment. That’s the Lord’s doing. He’s given me a gift for communication and writing is part of it. I’m happy to hear you’ve enjoyed my thoughts. :)

mmm...cold brewed coffee....mmmm....love it....

agree about your writing style . it is lovely. i am guessing that you blog? or maybe journal? i love to write myself though only really started a couple years back

Upvote 0