Visit site
✟22,925.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I understand what you are saying.  Know that there are many Christian only forums that you cna post in.  These were set up for Christians to discuss items with  other Christians only.  They might be more to your liking.

Upvote 0

nikolai_42

Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
✟8,446.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Today at 03:32 PM ImSaved said this in Post #1

I'm new to this forum. I am somewhat surprised at how much Christian Bashing is going on. Is this typical? I had assumed, maybe mistakenly, that a forum named ChristianForum would be a fairly "safe" place to ask and have questions answered that pertain to Christians.

Unfortunately, not. Even at a board entitled Christian Forums, human nature is still as it is at large. One need not be an avowed atheist, agnostic or apostate to bash other Christians either.

"But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now."

Galatians 4:29

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have a suggestion. Christians please post in this forum. If you are attacked your attackers will pay. If my lack of attention to this forum is any part of your decision to stay away from it, please accept my apology. I, like you have stayed out of here because of the bashing of my faith, my country, my political leanings and whatever else one can imagine.

I am here, ready to warn, ban, or whatever it takes to bring this back to CF.

Upvote 0

Erwin

May 13, 2015
✟216,037.00
There are forums for Christians-only, and forums open to all.

Christian-bashing is NOT allowed here at CF - it breaks multiple forum rules. If you see a post that is bashing Christians, click on the "Report" link at the bottom, and our mods will deal with this.

Also, I encourage more Christians to post in the Open areas, and not stay in the Christian-only areas too. :)

I do not want to see the day when I have to make all forums Christians-only.

Upvote 0

wildernesse

Use less and live more.
Jun 17, 2002
Georgia
Visit site
✟16,673.00
I don't think that I've seen much Christian bashing in the time that I've been here--and I post mainly in Christian/non-Christian forums.

There is a difference between disagreeing strongly with someone's views--to the point of thinking said views are completely and utterly wrong--and bashing that person for holding those views. That distinction should be made--and often is by the moderators.

--tibac

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is Christian forums. I am sure there are forums out there where your freedom of ideas and expression of ideas is held at the highest level and if you will notice, I am not there and if you allow me to notice, neither are you. However, again, this is Christian forums. How about we break it down a bit.

Christian Forums

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Starscream

Mar 2, 2002
✟4,057.00
I think some Christians have a strong affinity to find "Christian bashing" in any discussion/action.  They look for it (and even bring it on) on purpose.  They love to feel persecuted.

I won't say that Christian bashing doesn't occur here from time to time, but hey, if Christians want to bash liberals, or France, or Muslims (or whatever) then should be able to take a little heat themselves.

Can I ask for an example of what the OP is refering to anyhow?

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Today at 12:25 AM Starscream said this in Post #12

if Christians want to bash liberals...should be able to take a little heat themselves.

Those terms are hardly mutually exclusive.  There are plenty of Christian liberals.

Upvote 0

Starscream

Mar 2, 2002
✟4,057.00
Today at 06:55 PM Texas Lynn said this in Post #13

Those terms are hardly mutually exclusive.  There are plenty of Christian liberals.

Yes, I agree.  I'm talking mostly of this site.

My point is that any Christian (or any person for that matter) should try to be a bit more introspective before they start complaining of being a victim of bias.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blackhawk

Monkey Boy
Feb 5, 2002
Ft. Worth, tx
Visit site
✟22,925.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well I have noticed some Christian bashing in this forum especially and I do not go around looking for it. I am not saying it does not occur the other way though. But some in this forum bash Christians and Conservatives anytime they can. And no those terms do not always have to be put together. Really I believe theologically the middle of the road is wheere to be. If you aer too conservative you are like a pharisee and legalistic. If you are too liberal than you are like the Israelites when they went away from God and worshiped false Gods. I.e. Baal. The question really is where is the middle? Or really where is the truth and how close are we too it and how close do we need ot be to it to be still Christians. But that is for another thread in another forum.

And just so everyone knows I believe God and Christ is not a liberal or a conservative. Republican or a democrat. He is just Himself.

But my main point through all this rambling is that ALL BASHING MUST STOP! One can disagree with one's beliefs but bashing is never a way to deal with that fact.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟296,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The staff here will determine what is Christian bashing, not the non-Christians who like to push the envelope with snide remarks.

If anyone feels that a post is anywhere near what you think is Christian bashing, we strongly encourage you to use the 'Report' button. You will remain annonymous, and we will look into it. Don't let others discourage you from doing so by using shame or guilt tactics.

Upvote 0

Starscream

Mar 2, 2002
✟4,057.00
Today at 07:55 PM TheBear said this in Post #17

The staff here will determine what is Christian bashing, not the non-Christians who like to push the envelope with snide remarks.

Why limit non-Christians to this charatiture?

BTW, can someone point me to an example of Christian bashing here?  I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but I'd like to see how it compares to other bashing I've seen here.

BTW, Blackhawk, your comments did not go unnoticed.  I agree with you, all bashing has to come to an end.  We all need to learn to have disagreements without saying, "You're just a liberal!" or "You're just a fundy!".

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟296,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
To all:

This is a legitemate concern brought up by ImSaved. The webmaster, a senior adminisrator, an administrator and a senior moderator have addressed this concern in this thread.

The policy is not open to public debate, or popular opinion. Please don't push the issue.

Again, if anyone feels that Christian bashing is occuring, we strongly encourage you to use the 'Report' button. You will remain annonymous.

And, if anyone sees any other rules being violated in a post, please use the 'Report' button.

Keep in mind this is a Christian website, not a secular one, and not subject to the whims of the non-Christians. As the non-Christians here know, they will be hard pressed to find another Christian website, so accomidating to non-Christians.

[notroll][/notroll]

ImSaved, I want to welcome you to Christian Forums. I also want to let you know that we, the CF staff, are doing everything possible, to make this a healthy environment for both Christians and non-Christians to interact with each other. The rules are in place to promote unity among Christians, and harmony among all the members, regardless of beliefs.

I am closing this thread. There is no further need to keep it open.

PM me if you wish, ImSaved. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.